Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Elementary school shooting

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#211    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostSakari, on 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Guns are not the problem, people are.

Even if guns were illegal, they would be found by those that want them.

And back on topic........

This is very sad, I feel horrible not only for the families of the victims, and the victims. But the mother of the shooter ( what a thing to live with, not her fault at all ), and the staff of the School.

I keep saying the world is over populated, for a bunch of reasons. I keep saying we need a plague or a meteor....This makes me feel even stronger that way.

Sorry to the families, all of them involved in this......Sick ******* world we live in.

Indeed, people are the problem.............What boggles my mind  is what went through his mind? and why?   We may never know..  It's too much to take in

You think of those little children who most  likely couldn't wait to see Christmas...Their families  now in shock and suffering..   The families of the 6 adults who too were tragically taken.. it's truly a sad day for America   A lot of Americans are most likely deeply shocked and saddened ..

I then think  of the other children  who heard gun shots, all scared thinking they were next... it just floors you thinking of it

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#212    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

All in all, faith in humanity -1

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#213    e u n O i a

e u n O i a

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Guns are not the problem

with a gun you can kill someone without even approaching them. You can stand back and kill a whole class room of students. If Adam had a knife... I am sure he would have been jumped on and attacked by multiple people. Also he would have to approach these people in the first place and because this guy is obviously a [cat] he probably would get his ass beat trying to stab someone.

any weak helpless little scumbag can use a gun...

take a gun from the equation and yes these [cats] will still exist...

but the scenarios change greatly. IMO

#214    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Last I read is Adam was the shooter, Ryan Lanzer is his older brother.

Ryan said "his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a “personality disorder.”  Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder."

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#215    ComfortableWithCorpses

ComfortableWithCorpses

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• You met me at a very strange time in my life....

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

View Poste u n O i a, on 14 December 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

with a gun you can kill someone without even approaching them. You can stand back and kill a whole class room of students. If Adam had a knife... I am sure he would have been jumped on and attacked by multiple people. Also he would have to approach these people in the first place and because this guy is obviously a [cat] he probably would get his ass beat trying to stab someone.

any weak helpless little scumbag can use a gun...

take a gun from the equation and yes these [cats] will still exist...

but the scenarios change greatly. IMO

Not necessarily true.

http://www.foxnews.c...-teacher-south/

If people want to use this as a pawn in their 2nd Amendment agenda... either for or against.... Just give it a few days.

Children are dead regardless of the manner or means.

Set Me On Fire...

#216    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,952 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Indeed, people are the problem.............What boggles my mind  is what went through his mind? and why?   We may never know..  It's too much to take in

You think of those little children who most  likely couldn't wait to see Christmas...Their families  now in shock and suffering..   The families of the 6 adults who too were tragically taken.. it's truly a sad day for America   A lot of Americans are most likely deeply shocked and saddened ..

I then think  of the other children  who heard gun shots, all scared thinking they were next... it just floors you thinking of it

Beckys mom, please do not take this wrong.....

I for one am not shocked. I would not be shocked if this happened anywhere in the world.

I hate to say it, ( I all ready did ).....Nothing surprises me anymore. If I were religious, I would be saying the end is near. Since I am not, I just say what I have been, we have to many people on this planet, and we are broken.

It sucks, it is sad....And what is worst, this will not be the last time something like this will happen.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#217    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,952 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostComfortableWithCorpses, on 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Not necessarily true.

If people want to use this as a pawn in their 2nd Amendment agenda... either for or against.... Just give it a few days.

Thats what I said / say.....    :nw:

Lets not make this a debate on this topic......( not you, .......others )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#218    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostComfortableWithCorpses, on 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Not necessarily true.

0 children dead. Thats the entire point. Guns are simply too deadly. Evil will always exist, but guns make its power exponentially greater.

By the way, the founding fathers likely had no way of knowing how powerful and cheap firearms would get.

#219    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostSakari, on 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Beckys mom, please do not take this wrong.....

I for one am not shocked. I would not be shocked if this happened anywhere in the world.

I hate to say it, ( I all ready did ).....Nothing surprises me anymore. If I were religious, I would be saying the end is near. Since I am not, I just say what I have been, we have to many people on this planet, and we are broken.

It sucks, it is sad....And what is worst, this will not be the last time something like this will happen.

I understand you.. I on the other hand   grew up in a country ( over 30 years ) filled with violence, shootings and bombing everywhere....... I still remain shocked to hear ANY given story like this one.. It is so very sad....

Sadly I fear it wont...  It's a sick world we live in

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#220    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

The whole town is destroyed.  They will not recover from this.  This is like when Columbine happened. Or TWA flight 800.  It is horrible.   Forever Christmas will be ruined in this town.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#221    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Guns are not the problem, people are.

Even if guns were illegal, they would be found by those that want them.

I have to disagree. People AND easy access to deadly weapons are the problem. If a country like Japan with 150 million people can effectively prevent guns from entering society, so can the U.S. It's just a matter of willpower.

#222    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

The whole town is destroyed.  They will not recover from this.  This is like when Columbine happened. Or TWA flight 800.  It is horrible.   Forever Christmas will be ruined in this town.

Just kills me to think of the presents hiding in the closet. wtf......

#223    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,952 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostMaizer, on 14 December 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

I have to disagree. People AND easy access to deadly weapons are the problem. If a country like Japan with 150 million people can effectively prevent guns from entering society, so can the U.S. It's just a matter of willpower.

Dude,

This topic is not about a gun or no gun debate......Kids died for Christ Sake!!!!!!

Make a new topic, and quit using this news for a gun debate......Sick, very sick.

Edited by Sakari, 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#224    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 14 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

No links yet. Two gun men entered an elementary school in sandy hook Connecticut,and opened fire.
One child casualty .Condition Unk .Entire Connecticut school system on lock down.

Yet another shooter. Whats the total this year?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different outcome. Its time the US acknowledged its society is dysfunctional and did something about it.

I propose psychological screening during the development years of childhood to identify and treat those children with personality disorders (seeing as this is when the damage is most likely to be done).

#225    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostSakari, on 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Dude,

This topic is not about a gun or no gun debate......Kids died for Christ Sake!!!!!!

Make a new topic, and quit using this news for a gun debate......Sick, very sick.

Don't imagine for a second I'm not as sick as you are. You're the one who implied people are the problem not guns. Look in the mirror yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users