Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hospital Photo

RockabyeBillie

My mother sent this photo to me this morning. She knows I have an interest in the paranormal and wanted to know what I thought.

Story behind it: My mom is a nurse. The floor where this photo is taken used to be CCU years ago, but is now empty. It is rarely visited except for the occasional family that rents out a room to be near a patient. Footsteps and doors opening and closing have been heard on that floor.

One of my mother's coworkers was taking a family to their rented room. When she dropped them off and got back to the elevator, she turned around to see a fog in the hall. She took the picture with her phone and sent it to my mom.

I am a skeptic, I believe there is a logical explanation for everything. SO when she sent the photo to me first thing I did was blow it up in Photoshop and see if it was that iPhone ghost app. Unless I am mistaken, it doesn't look like the standard "ghosts" from the app, nor does look like it's been tampered with in any way. Usually she sends pictures of 'orbs' but I just brush those off as dust or bugs. With this one, I really don't really know what to tell her.

Thoughts?

face1.jpgface2.jpg

omg that's freaky!, why post this when its nearly 11pm here! :alien:

lol it startled me too! I'm trying to see if the doorway and floor makes that shape or something

For those that can't see the pics, maybe this will help.

post-57367-0-38364000-1349733619_thumb.j

post-57367-0-87306100-1349733720_thumb.j

That's creepy! I honestly don't know. Hospitals can be haunted from all the deaths that happen there. Who knows.

I'm wondering if it is one pic on top of another. The reflections on the floor just to the left and right of the black floor tiles, don't seem to fit in. Hard to say, when the floor is so highly polished.

But at least one can say it's quite clearly a face ....... so often peeps post pics that could be of just about anything!

Cool picture! I don't believe in ghosts though and think there is a rational explanation for this. Does your mother ever play practical jokes on you, as there are many ways to achieve this image through deceptive means?

Why is the ghost always deep in the background of pictures so that one has to enlarge them to really see them?

Cool picture! I don't believe in ghosts though and think there is a rational explanation for this. Does your mother ever play practical jokes on you, as there are many ways to achieve this image through deceptive means?

Why is the ghost always deep in the background of pictures so that one has to enlarge them to really see them?

No she doesn't play jokes, and she wouldn't know how to alter a photo even if she did.

That looks like a girls face. May of been someone young that died there.

Hope someone wasn't trying to pull a fast one on your mom.

That looks like a girls face. May of been someone young that died there.

Hope someone wasn't trying to pull a fast one on your mom.

You see a girl too? My friend sees a young woman, I see an old lady.

• Like 1

You see a girl too? My friend sees a young woman, I see an old lady.

I see the left 2/3 of an old woman's face.....with a big left ear.

I see the left 2/3 of an old woman's face.....with a big left ear.

Haha! I didn't notice the ear! I think it's curly hair?

I firmly believe that hospitals are like spiritual centers for other worldly entities.. Kind of like the Mc-donalds of the spiritual world.. lol..

Spooky...

Look's like Golumn "precious"

• Like 1

Haha! I didn't notice the ear! I think it's curly hair?

You're probably right.....but an ear makes for a funnier story..... :P

I firmly believe that hospitals are like spiritual centers for other worldly entities.. Kind of like the Mc-donalds of the spiritual world.. lol..

Spooky...

Look's like Golumn "precious"

With a wig on? Or a big ear? :whistle:

• Like 1

I'm impressed. And where ghostly things are concerned I'm a hard sell. I think it looks like an old lady also. Good find!

I'm impressed. And where ghostly things are concerned I'm a hard sell. I think it looks like an old lady also. Good find!

I am too, like the kid that posted the pic of curtains and pixelated bushes and called it a ghost... didn't buy it. But i have no explanation for this unless someone is playing a trick. But... I dunno.

With a wig on? Or a big ear? :whistle:

lol, the younger years. when he still had hair..

I don't know about an age associated with the face, But I see glasses on the person I may be wrong but i think it is a reflection why would a ghost wear glasses

Edited by mysticwerewolf

looks like a lady maybe late 20's early 30's with an older style haircut(60's). The head itself throws me for a loop though it just doesn't seem to be the right size for how far back it is.

I could make an image like that with photoshop fairly easily so yeah still it's a freaky picture.

• Like 1

looks like a lady maybe late 20's early 30's with an older style haircut(60's). The head itself throws me for a loop though it just doesn't seem to be the right size for how far back it is.

I could make an image like that with photoshop fairly easily so yeah still it's a freaky picture.

I can make an image like that in Photoshop too. But my mom can't.

The ear appears to be hair, and the whole hairdo is a bit funny:

post-18246-0-72773000-1349783317_thumb.j

post-18246-0-39491800-1349783631_thumb.j

adult-clown-mask-fancy-dress-smiffys.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

WAAAH HAHAHA! Lol! Way to make it even creepier!