Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones


  • Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#226    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

PS ,I'm still really upset about all of it. It was just so evil ,I cannot process it . I would watch it again ,but its too upsetting.
Everyone here better hold my hand thru Dexter this season btw .
It's the last season ,ans I am going to be a wreck .
They polled the fans ,should he live,or should he die ,and last seasons cliff hanger was so ...well ****ed up .....and its my favorite show...I will need consoling I am sure.
You had better be there for me !

^_^

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 03 June 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Miss me?

#227    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,394 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostCorp, on 03 June 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Game of Thrones: If you start to like a character, they're already dead.

Be interesting to see if the shock of the Red Wedding by those not expecting it will cause a dip in ratings. Heard a few people who have said they're not going to watch GoT anymore because they no longer feel invested in the story anymore.

My wife said she is getting sick of the good people always getting killed and losing.  I told her to hang on so they better have the big one before the season ends or there will be trouble.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#228    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

    Bio-Electric sentient being.

  • Member
  • 9,793 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Hurricane State

  • May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

I am looking forward to see if that guy  gets it on the the dragon queen.   ;)

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#229    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,394 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Last night's episode is what GRRM's writing is all about,
Spoiler
  I can't wait for the changes coming.  A tip of the hat to the director as The Red Wedding, as horrific and shocking as it was in the book, was even more so in the show.  They really did a number on the viewer. It was like watching a ballet of horror as the music changed and the door closed and the bolts started flying.  The daggers made it worse.

This was a major shift in the books and they did it more than justice in the show.  GRRM is not for the faint of heart as beloved characters fall like dominoes and the bad guys seem to flourish but hang in there.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#230    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

    ????????

  • 25,931 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostCorp, on 03 June 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Be interesting to see if the shock of the Red Wedding by those not expecting it will cause a dip in ratings. Heard a few people who have said they're not going to watch GoT anymore because they no longer feel invested in the story anymore.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 June 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Well its true ,many people want to see Ned Stark avenged
Remember, of course, that in Season 1 when Ned Stark died, fans of the show who had never read the books were demanding that they somehow resurrect Ned Stark (magic, witchcraft, maybe even as a gentle old ghost, anything).  I think they'll accept that GRRM has a plan and you just have to get used to it.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#231    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostMerc14, on 04 June 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Last night's episode is what GRRM's writing is all about,
Spoiler
  I can't wait for the changes coming.  A tip of the hat to the director as The Red Wedding, as horrific and shocking as it was in the book, was even more so in the show.  They really did a number on the viewer. It was like watching a ballet of horror as the music changed and the door closed and the bolts started flying.  The daggers made it worse.

This was a major shift in the books and they did it more than justice in the show.  GRRM is not for the faint of heart as beloved characters fall like dominoes and the bad guys seem to flourish but hang in there.

But I hate bad guys !!!!

Miss me?

#232    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

    Midnight Snack Muncher

  • Member
  • 2,420 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Over the rainbow

  • Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

http://www.happyplac...-reaction-video

Posted Image

#233    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 June 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Seriously ?
Well its true ,many people want to see Ned Stark avenged . I personally cannot take the death of ___ ______,but there's so much more ,and we still have Jon and Arya .
It's far from over ,or not being invested ,unless you have never read a book and have the attention span of a gnat

I think it's less an issue of attention but rather not seeing the point in continuing if they can't connect to a character. So while Ned's death was shocking he had only been around for one season and things had been going poorly for him for a while before he was offed. In this case you have someone who has been a key character for three seasons, who people were really rooting for, and then he gets brutely killed. I can see how that kind of gut punch would take the enjoyment out of a series. That they might not be able to get really invested in other characters out of fear that they're going to be offed. They're going to need to do something special for the season finale in order to win people back and give them a bit of hope that the bad guys aren't going to win it all.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#234    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

There really is no main characters , it's just taken different POV from the characters


#235    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,901 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 04 June 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Remember, of course, that in Season 1 when Ned Stark died, fans of the show who had never read the books were demanding that they somehow resurrect Ned Stark (magic, witchcraft, maybe even as a gentle old ghost, anything).  I think they'll accept that GRRM has a plan and you just have to get used to it.
He even joked that maybe Drogo has a twin brother nobody knew about in response to the fans' protest of his death.

Anything is possible between the old Gods and the new and the one true God.   Even a Faceless Man could return as the honorable head chopper, Sean Bean.

I think the Children of the Forest are going to return and the old power held dormant for thousands of years will rise again.  No matter how many claims to Westeros there are, there's always seemingly a bigger one nestled underneath and out of sight.

Oh and let's not overlook the Frey version of events at the Red Wedding.  Robb and his men turned into werewolves and attacked Jinglebell.

And what about that traitor Roose Bolton?   How fast should he lose his head?   Martin explains:  "Once, a boy called Theon Greyjoy had enjoyed tweaking Bolton as they sat at council with Robb Stark, mocking his soft voice and making japes about leeches. He must have been mad. This is no man to jape with. You had only to look at Bolton to know that he had more cruelty in his pinky toe than all the Freys combined."

Edited by Yamato, 04 June 2013 - 07:04 PM.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#236    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,394 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 04 June 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

But I hate bad guys !!!!

All I can say is GRRM doesn't play favorites :tu:

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#237    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,394 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostCorp, on 04 June 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

I think it's less an issue of attention but rather not seeing the point in continuing if they can't connect to a character. So while Ned's death was shocking he had only been around for one season and things had been going poorly for him for a while before he was offed. In this case you have someone who has been a key character for three seasons, who people were really rooting for, and then he gets brutely killed. I can see how that kind of gut punch would take the enjoyment out of a series. That they might not be able to get really invested in other characters out of fear that they're going to be offed. They're going to need to do something special for the season finale in order to win people back and give them a bit of hope that the bad guys aren't going to win it all.

It is the nature of the story but if you hang in there a bit I think you will get some retribution.  Jamie Lannister is the guy who pushed a child off a window several stories up because the boy saw him having sex with his sister!  He then waylaid the boy's father and was about the most abysmal prick this side of hell.  Do you still see him the same way?   The story rips your guts out (I closed my Kinlde for a day and a half and said FU after the Red Wedding but came back)  and the fact that so many, many people are horrified and angry speaks volumes for what this thing has become.  All I can say is GRRM plays no favorites and the best is yet to come.  The the story is young.

Edited by Merc14, 05 June 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#238    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,901 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Here's a good synopsis of the Red Wedding.  This video is even more in-depth than the "Inside the Episode" content I watched earlier.

It's interesting that even the producer/director don't know how this is all going to end, so they're in effect flying on the seat of their pants.  Only George Martin knows, and really, he doesn't even know because he's entitled to change his mind any time he wants, if his mind is even made up at all.   What's most remarkable about the commentary in the following video to me is, the producers are referring to a story where evil wins in the end.  They're waiting for that story, and for all they know, it might just turn out to be 'Game of Thrones'.



"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#239    DKO

DKO

    Ω is Futile.

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

  • When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I found the latest episode a little slow. Until the end of coarse!

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson


Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.


#240    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

    Midnight Snack Muncher

  • Member
  • 2,420 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Over the rainbow

  • Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

The Red Wedding in the show was less gruesome as compared to the book. But I think it was for the better. Anyone else excited for the season finale ?

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users