Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot captured alive?

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#91    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, I just think we'd need 100's of these traps about known bf habitats.

They'd need careful even sophisticated monitoring, maintained, and hopefully away from heavy human traffic (tourists, hikers).

And make it attractive for them. If some think they know what attracts them, but won't attract another animal (no foodstuffs)...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 04 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#92    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 04 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

And make it attractive for them. If some think they know what attracts them, but won't attract another animal (no foodstuffs)...

True. Not really sure what bigfoots would be into, but that rape cabin/lobster cage doesn't really look all that inviting.

#93    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,764 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 04 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Yeah, I just think we'd need 100's of these traps about known bf habitats.

They'd need careful even sophisticated monitoring, maintained, and hopefully away from heavy human traffic (tourists, hikers).

Fire works, cd's or dvd's, crying babies, lazer light shows......

And one life size replica of Matt Moneymaker, Todd Standing, and a Bobo......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#94    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostSakari, on 04 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Fire works, cd's or dvd's, crying babies, lazer light shows......

And one life size replica of Matt Moneymaker, Todd Standing, and a Bobo......

Hey, just 'cause fireworks worked for me, don't mean it will for others!
I like to think I'm special, Sakari.

I know I'm speculating on speculation. But on a more serious note, this is what I feel may be the best "option"... bangs and booms, notwithstanding.
But Mr. Big does seem to pick up on and avoid human anything. As well as at the same time being curious of  humans and their stuff.

Maybe a trap out of natural materials that sits out in the elements long enough to loose human scent.
Hey! It's a slow Saturday or is it Friday? Let me have my fun... :wacko:

Anyway, a  trap just makes more "sense" to me.
And i'm not referencing how it may have been done, but something involving a little more thought/creativity/science.

Tell me you can picture it too! :tu: :lol:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 04 January 2013 - 11:59 PM.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#95    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,764 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 04 January 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Hey, just 'cause fireworks worked for me, don't mean it will for others!
I like to think I'm special, Sakari.

I know I'm speculating on speculation. But on a more serious note, this is what I feel may be the best "option"... bangs and booms, notwithstanding.
But Mr. Big does seem to pick up on and avoid human anything. As well as at the same time being curious of  humans and their stuff.

Maybe a trap out of natural materials that sits out in the elements long enough to loose human scent.
Hey! It's a slow Saturday or is it Friday? Let me have my fun... :wacko:

Anyway, a  trap just makes more "sense" to me.
And i'm not referencing how it may have been done, but something involving a little more thought/creativity/science.

Tell me you can picture it too! :tu: :lol:

I know what you mean.

Lets attempt this.....BFRO ( you watch that show :)   ) has had several locations with " high " activity. Why not pick out the 3 top places, all research groups get together and put in a actual plan to get evidence at these three locations for a month/quarter/or year.

Stay there, in shifts if need be. Pool all resources together. Maybe each place for 3 months. Find proper catching procedures. I see all sorts of animals captured live, so traps and such are available.

Concentrate on these hot areas for more then one night, and have proper equipment in place.

Now of course, this is if Bigfoot were real. But, even so, there are enough people that think so, and should be able to get together. That is what is different with these people, and real; Biologists. Real Biologists work together for a common goal.....As for Bif, everyone wants to be a hero, and get the attention. ( ok, most )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#96    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostSakari, on 05 January 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

I know what you mean.

Lets attempt this.....BFRO ( you watch that show :)   ) has had several locations with " high " activity. Why not pick out the 3 top places, all research groups get together and put in a actual plan to get evidence at these three locations for a month/quarter/or year.

Stay there, in shifts if need be. Pool all resources together. Maybe each place for 3 months. Find proper catching procedures. I see all sorts of animals captured live, so traps and such are available.

Concentrate on these hot areas for more then one night, and have proper equipment in place.

Now of course, this is if Bigfoot were real. But, even so, there are enough people that think so, and should be able to get together. That is what is different with these people, and real; Biologists. Real Biologists work together for a common goal.....As for Bif, everyone wants to be a hero, and get the attention. ( ok, most )

Bingo! Your are dead on. There is definitely more infighting and entertainment and power struggles and shenanigans going on than any actual serious thought or cooperation.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 05 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#97    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

P.S. Even leaving the Clueless Crew out, there are lots of hindering troubles in Bigfootland. In my opinion.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 05 January 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#98    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 05 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

P.S. Even leaving the Clueless Crew out, there are lots of hindering troubles in Bigfootland. In my opinion.

Bigfootland is a good name for a theme park, in fact I am amazed no one has thought to try and cash in on that idea. Although, I'm guessing none of the rides would be real. P

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#99    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

View Postgrendals_bane, on 05 January 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

Bigfootland is a good name for a theme park, in fact I am amazed no one has thought to try and cash in on that idea. Although, I'm guessing none of the rides would be real. P
bolding mine

Hahaha
And they'd still sell tickets...

#100    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,818 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

The photoshopped image in the OP is so bad it's not even funny.  Apart from the fact that the bigfoot face looking through the gap in the trap wall looks really fake, here's a composite I did in photoshop to compare various pics of the "bigfoot trap".

Posted Image

The gap that "bigfoot" is looking through  only appears in the pic that supposedly shows him.  In all other pics, it's just a plank of wood as part of the trap.

Note also that the OP photo has none of the graffiti that shows up in later pics, indicating that this is probably an old photo of the trap that has been photoshopped.

The picture with the trapped "bigfoot" also appears to show a different trap mechanism that the other pics, which show a single cage door raised up that looks designed to fall down, locking the beast within (why else would the door be raised up above the height of the roof of the trap?), but the photoshop with the trapped bigfoot appears to have a lower cage door crudely photoshopped onto the pic in an attempt to make it look like the door was closed, but photoshopping out the upper cage was probably too much effort or too difficult.

Fail.

Edited by Archimedes, 05 January 2013 - 02:37 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#101    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,764 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 05 January 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

The photoshopped image in the OP is so bad it's not even funny.  Apart from the fact that it looks really fake, here's a composite I did in photoshop to compare various pics of the "bigfoot trap".
* SNIP *

The photo they used is not supposed to be a real photo at all. Whomever used that photo should have pointed it out. I assure you that photo is not claimed to be of the daisy in the box....

Now, the rest of their claims, yes, they say they are true...... :no:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#102    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Yes, I picture a prettier Daisy than the OP...and much younger than Patty... on a bicycle built for 500 lbs. two

#103    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 05 January 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

The photoshopped image in the OP is so bad it's not even funny.  Apart from the fact that the bigfoot face looking through the gap in the trap wall looks really fake, here's a composite I did in photoshop to compare various pics of the "bigfoot trap".

Posted Image

The gap that "bigfoot" is looking through  only appears in the pic that supposedly shows him.  In all other pics, it's just a plank of wood as part of the trap.

Note also that the OP photo has none of the graffiti that shows up in later pics, indicating that this is probably an old photo of the trap that has been photoshopped.

The picture with the trapped "bigfoot" also appears to show a different trap mechanism that the other pics, which show a single cage door raised up that looks designed to fall down, locking the beast within (why else would the door be raised up above the height of the roof of the trap?), but the photoshop with the trapped bigfoot appears to have a lower cage door crudely photoshopped onto the pic in an attempt to make it look like the door was closed, but photoshopping out the upper cage was probably too much effort or too difficult.

Fail.

I think I could probably photoshop that better with my eyes close! Well almost! ;)

Posted Image

#104    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

I think I could probably photoshop that better with my eyes close! Well almost! ;)

Ya think?

#105    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Official Statement of Steve Kulls

By now some you have read the statement by DW Lee of the MABRC that he was asked by Ed Smith, on behalf of Team Quantra to establish a “Bridging Group.”
Several days ago, I was asked by DW Lee, much to my surprise, if I would participate in a meeting with Team Quantra, and the possibility of being able to observe their “live specimen.”
I was particularly impressed with the named researchers, as they represent all a fair representation geographically of the United States and a couple of them being scientists.
The Independent part of the Bridging Group consists of:
  • Dr Jeff Meldrum
  • Kathy Strain
  • Melissa Hovey
  • Abe Del Rio
  • Steve Kulls
The MABRC part of the Bridging Team is as follows:
  • D.W. Lee
  • Randy Harrington
  • Jim Whitehead
  • Rob Gaudet
  • Doug Todd
http://squatchdetect...g/team-quantra/

http://bigfoot.ning....lude-dr-meldrum

Edited by danbell06, 08 January 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users