Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Darker Shade of Evil

dornier

No one knows the exact historical roots of the entity called Satan, or the devil, and its image. But the latest research shows that some members of the ancient cultures may have actually seen something that they later ascribed to an unclean, malevolent entity. If this was true, some members of our modern society might have experienced something similar - the human brain hasn't undergone much of a change since.

It was a longshot, but researchers in one university attempted to use Revelation 13:18 to decode the "number of the beast," which is the notorious 666. See, scientists tend to decode things the way they decode most of their stuff - through equations, like 666 = x + y + z.

That choice of unknown variables failed, but when the researchers reformulated the equation to

666 = R + G + B

something interesting showed up. See, RGB (Red, Green, Blue) is an often-used color scheme code. And since 666 are three identical digits, it follows that the solution to the "devil equation" should involve three identical numbers:

666 = 222 + 222 + 222

Plugging the result into the color code fetches R=222, G=222, B=222, and that combination applies to a particular color. In this case, it is a light shade of grey.

dedede-320x320-color.png

https://www.colorcodehex.com/dedede/

But mythical creatures are affected by evolution as well - there is nothing they can do about it. So the question the researchers asked was this: Did the devil evolve into the darker shade or did it become lighter and lighter eventually turning to white?

It turned out that the contemporary devil's skin turned darker, according to the folks who have seen it presumably under similar circumstances that the ancients did.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Grey_alien

941277_716822485011785_1207514174_n.jpg?oh=5f2afc95ee0de339b81ebac090e08306&oe=55AA8451&__gda__=1436374355_18a57c35923afd0b04888e448e5c4a70

Look behind you - the shades of grey!

That's the devil! We must pray. :yes:

Do you think that the ancients claimed to have seen a strange creature they named Satan, like some people today do?

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

Not sure I follow the logic of this post. 666 = R+G+B? On what basis? Saying it equals x+y+z is merely creating three variables, which as they stand are meaningless. RGB, which only works in English, is also meaningless unless R, G and B are in some way defined. And the link to the colours has to have some basis or else it is pure drivel.

• Like 2

Not sure I follow the logic of this post.

That wouldn't be surprising. There doesn't seem to be any.

I can't imagine that "researchers" would not look at what biblical scholars have been saying about the passage...that it described Nero and John of Patmos' fear that he might return.

• Like 3

It took researchers at a university to divide 666 by 3?

I'd love to see the scientific study whoever did it doesn't seem to know R=222 G=222 B=222 or #DEDEDE equals 14606046

Not sure I follow the logic of this post. 666 = R+G+B? On what basis? Saying it equals x+y+z is merely creating three variables, which as they stand are meaningless. RGB, which only works in English, is also meaningless unless R, G and B are in some way defined. And the link to the colours has to have some basis or else it is pure drivel.

RGB is used in computer graphics, some formats using a byte each to store the RGB components. However the equation doesn't make sense as the number isn't stored as 666, adding them together doesn't give any information of which color components contain what, could easily add up R=222 G=232 B=212 to make 666 Edited by Rlyeh

Both wrong, everybody knows 666 = R + G + B = squirrel

Simple logic. :w00t:

• Like 6

I am not sure. I think they say the devil is the lord of darkness.

I think gray is to light for him.

Pitch Black would be more of the color of his essence...

but I think he's just the personification of evil.

I don't think he really has horns

• Like 1

drivel

It took researchers at a university to divide 666 by 3?

I'd love to see the scientific study whoever did it doesn't seem to know R=222 G=222 B=222 or #DEDEDE equals 14606046

RGB is used in computer graphics, some formats using a byte each to store the RGB components. However the equation doesn't make sense as the number isn't stored as 666, adding them together doesn't give any information of which color components contain what, could easily add up R=222 G=232 B=212 to make 666

You get a brown muddy colour .

• Like 1

You can't be possibly serious. LOL.

RGB is used in computer graphics, some formats using a byte each to store the RGB components. However the equation doesn't make sense as the number isn't stored as 666 . . .

But the OP doesn't say anything that you seem to have a problem with. I didn't say or even remotely imply that 666 is a standalone color code in the RGB scheme.

. . . adding them together doesn't give any information of which color components contain what, could easily add up R=222 G=232 B=212 to make 666

That's is true. Partitioning number 666 on three constinuents results in more options, such as

1 + 1 + 664

1 + 2 + 663

1 + 3 + 662

and so on. So there are plenty of options and therefore colors to choose from - if you can't handle the preference of choice to limit the options by the nature of the number to partition, which is 666. This number is a collection of three IDENTICAL digits. The word "identical" is obviously the clue to find a unique item among others. Hence 666=222+222+222. The right side of the equation are three IDENTICAL numbers, which creates comprehensive unity with 666 on the left side, which is a collection of three IDENTICAL digits. I mentioned this justification in OP.

You have chosen the option "R=222 G=232 B=212." Was there any reason behind you choice? If so, what was it? Can you justify your selection? Why didn't you choose R=210 G=241 B=215, for example?

Edited by dornier

But the OP doesn't say anything that you seem to have a problem with. I didn't say or even remotely imply that 666 is a standalone color code in the RGB scheme.

I have a problem with calling this nonsense a "scientific study". What's scientific about it? They used a computer, they divided. Really?

That's is true. Partitioning number 666 on three constinuents results in more options, such as

1 + 1 + 664

1 + 2 + 663

1 + 3 + 662

and so on. So there are plenty of options and therefore colors to choose from

The RGB components only range from 0-255 (or 0-FF in hexadecimal)

And as I already explained a RGB of R=222 G=222 B=222 does not equal 666.

This number is a collection of three IDENTICAL digits. The word "identical" is obviously the clue to find a unique item among others.
In Greek (which it's written) it's not three IDENTICAL digits, six hundred and sixty six does not give identical digits in Greek.
Hence 666=222+222+222. The right side of the equation are three IDENTICAL numbers, which creates comprehensive unity with 666 on the left side, which is a collection of three IDENTICAL digits. I mentioned this justification in OP.
So you've gone from three identical DIGITS to three identical numbers. Why?

You gave no justification, just the excuse was the other variables didn't work. And why you're adding the RGB components together doesn't make much sense either.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

I have a problem with calling this nonsense a "scientific study". What's scientific about it? They used a computer, they divided. Really?

You mean that they used a computer to divide 666 into three parts, like 666/3=222? :unsure2:

The RGB components only range from 0-255 (or 0-FF in hexadecimal)

And as I already explained a RGB of R=222 G=222 B=222 does not equal 666.

Maybe you missed the plus operators in OP. Btw, if X=6 and Y=7, can you figure X+Y=?

Did I say that the RGB color scheme exceeds the value 255 for each base color? I explicitly mentioned the partition of number 666 in connection with a unique choice to stress the multitude of options. Obviously, Partition #1, that is 1 1 664, cannot be used in the RGB given the limitation 2^8 (as it was originally designed for 8-bit processors). When the partitions of 666 progresses to 206 206 254, this and the following results can be used in the RGB color scheme code. Duh.

In Greek (which it's written) it's not three IDENTICAL digits, six hundred and sixty six does not give identical digits in Greek.

Did I say that in Greek or Hebrew numerical system the encoding of the name of Nero results in identical digits? Where did I say it? Your own obtuse way of arguing is a clear indication of your desperation to understand the logical minimum required. You’re basically saying that the text in translated Bibles is worthless and the publishers of all non-Greek Bibles are misguided.

So you've gone from three identical DIGITS to three identical numbers. Why?

You gave no justification, just the excuse was the other variables didn't work. And why you're adding the RGB components together doesn't make much sense either.

You are answering my question with a question of your own, as if I didn’t already answer it. So once again: IDENTICAL=IDENTICAL. If you can’t understand that, then there is no one who could explain to you the reason behind A=A, B=B, C=C...

If I ask you to pick two letters from the set bellow

ANHTEOJKBOC

you will have a hard time to decide: Should I pick N and C? Or T and K? How about H and B? After all, letters are just letters, right?

Don’t worry. The grey devil can be neuroexorcised. Like around 2666 AD.

grey.jpg

• Like 1

So… the number of the Beast is 666 and that plus math(?) equals the color gray, so Satan is a grey ET? And somehow also the Pope who the general consensus says is a good guy?

Look, just right off, the Beast of John's Revelation isn't the Devil. He specifically can't be the Satan because that would mean Satan was successful in fully emulating God and begat a son that was co-substantial with himself. We understand and call the Beast the Antichrist, but he's not and was never presented to be an identical Jesus with a particular switch flipped. Satan "creates" the 'Beast out of the sea' specifically as an act of perversion to the natural order. The Devil can't create anything, only corrupt. And where the whole of the New Testament asserts that Jesus is one with the Almighty, Revelation frequently states how the Beast and Satan are distinct entities, in and of themselves.

So right off, any use of the number of the Beast in relation to Satan is immediately groundless. Especially when Satan has a number, 364, which has a tradition attributed to it already.

Now let's talk about the color gray for a second: "gray" didn't exist in the Bible, or rather, there wasn't a word for it. There are ridiculously[/i] few colors in the Hebrew crayon box, and even those are limited. Most "color names" are phrased in the texts as saying something like, "it had a color like X," where "X" represents some commonly known object. Even now, the Israeli Hebrew word for gray, aphor, literally means "ashen" and not the abstract idea of a color in and of itself.

Last, what do grey aliens, of which there isn't the slightest description before the twentieth century, have to do a being from Jewish and Ancient Near Eastern mythology?

• Like 2

You mean that they used a computer to divide 666 into three parts, like 666/3=222? :unsure2:

Maybe you missed the plus operators in OP. Btw, if X=6 and Y=7, can you figure X+Y=?

No, the RGB format is used in computer graphics. Never missed them, I already explained the RGB are not added, even your link shows this.

Someone has an incredibly short memory span.

Did I say that the RGB color scheme exceeds the value 255 for each base color? I explicitly mentioned the partition of number 666 in connection with a unique choice to stress the multitude of options. Obviously, Partition #1, that is 1 1 664, cannot be used in the RGB given the limitation 2^8 (as it was originally designed for 8-bit processors). When the partitions of 666 progresses to 206 206 254, this and the following results can be used in the RGB color scheme code. Duh.
Interesting, do you usually present examples that make no sense in the context, or do you keep that for your main conclusions?
Did I say that in Greek or Hebrew numerical system the encoding of the name of Nero results in identical digits? Where did I say it? Your own obtuse way of arguing is a clear indication of your desperation to understand the logical minimum required. You’re basically saying that the text in translated Bibles is worthless and the publishers of all non-Greek Bibles are misguided.
I'm saying your pretend "scientific study" shows a lot of ignorance coming from a university, which I highly doubt it did.
You are answering my question with a question of your own, as if I didn’t already answer it. So once again: IDENTICAL=IDENTICAL. If you can’t understand that, then there is no one who could explain to you the reason behind A=A, B=B, C=C...
I didn't quote your question because if you can't tell what an example is good luck trying to work anything else out. If you've answered anything you definitely haven't told anyone, this unknown variables and adding RGB is looking more and more like bull**** you've made up.
Don’t worry. The grey devil can be neuroexorcised. Like around 2666 AD.

By the garbage and obvious ignorance demonstrated in the topic and opening post, I suspect you've succeeded. Edited by Rlyeh

No one knows the exact historical roots of the entity called Satan, or the devil, and its image.

That's your first mistake.

• Like 2

You can't be possibly serious. LOL.

That is pretty much what I said when I read your OP. But unlike you I did make some effort to explain my opinion.

• Like 1

Look, just right off, the Beast of John's Revelation isn't the Devil. He specifically can't be the Satan because that would mean Satan was successful in fully emulating God and begat a son that was co-substantial with himself. We understand and call the Beast the Antichrist, but he's not and was never presented to be an identical Jesus with a particular switch flipped. Satan "creates" the 'Beast out of the sea' specifically as an act of perversion to the natural order. The Devil can't create anything, only corrupt. And where the whole of the New Testament asserts that Jesus is one with the Almighty, Revelation frequently states how the Beast and Satan are distinct entities, in and of themselves.

I’m not sure what you try to accomplish. The reason for the existence of number 666 is pretty much known and that includes the scientists who tried to figure out if there is a link between the creatures people see today and those from the past. You are not a scientist, but if you were, you would have to take into account the lay and very common attribution of 666 to the devil - if the circumstances called for it. The majority of folks are not theologians, which is a fact that you can’t hide from and seek refuge in the denial of realities the way you just demonstrated.

Science, as much as evolution, is aided on its way to the future by similarities. New International Version tells us that This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

So, is 666 the number of the beast or the number of man?

But the question stands outside the historical context - 666 is a number of the beast and also the number of man. The union of man and the beast may look like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_alien

That ushers in this inquiry:

If man=M and the beast=B, then 100% = M% + B%

In non-symbolic way, the above asks the question how much the grey creature that made its way to Wikipedia resembles man and how much "the beast" percentage-wise. So it is pretty clear that the equation

666 = R + G + B

has "evolved" from

100% = M% + B%.

Now let's talk about the color gray for a second: "gray" didn't exist in the Bible, or rather, there wasn't a word for it. There are ridiculously[/i] few colors in the Hebrew crayon box, and even those are limited. Most "color names" are phrased in the texts as saying something like, "it had a color like X," where "X" represents some commonly known object. Even now, the Israeli Hebrew word for gray, aphor, literally means "ashen" and not the abstract idea of a color in and of itself.

Last, what do grey aliens, of which there isn't the slightest description before the twentieth century, have to do a being from Jewish and Ancient Near Eastern mythology?

No one has claimed that there was an entity that the ancients described as being distinctly gray in color to begin with. Emperor Nero decided to persecute the Christians in truly devilish manner, so John of Patmos encoded Nero's name in a text that is known as The Book of Revelation. In decimal numerical system, the encoded name is 666. Nero's decision to persecute Christians was made by his mind and mind is a function of brain which consists of WHITE and GREY matter. A capable scientist wouldn't miss this peculiar coincidence, especially if R=222, G=222, B=222 returns light grey color

https://www.colorcodehex.com/dedede/

and light gray color is a mixture of white and grey.

18117.jpg

Edited by dornier

This can all be cleared up if one simply asks, "Who did the original audience think the beast was?"

They didn't have scientific research. I think it is better to use their methods to come to the conclusion.

• Like 1

An elephant is big, a train engine is big, therefore an elephant is a train engine. :rolleyes:

Insanity-doing-the-same.jpg

• Like 5

Another forum I was on many years ago, there was one poster ( a homophobic poster) who was boiling marital relationships down to simple math as well. The this person as 1 plus to this person as 1 = to answer and that a homosexual relationship does not equate to that, ( in which the responses to that post were similar to these responses ;) ) and it pretty much made me think he was reaching. I said this there in response and I will say it again, there are a lot of things, dealing with individuals, relationships, and entities, there are something you just don't equal into a mathematical figure. There always seem to be some strange equation that someone worked way too hard to work up just to appease their reasoning. And that's how new words get started, because someone thinks it means one thing, when it doesn't.

Both wrong, everybody knows 666 = R + G + B = squirrel

Simple logic. :w00t:

I knew it!!!!!!!

I am not sure. I think they say the devil is the lord of darkness.

I think gray is to light for him.

Pitch Black would be more of the color of his essence...

but I think he's just the personification of evil.

I don't think he really has horns

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, I think Pitch Black was a really suspense minding and scary movie!!!!!! :o :o :Psorry

post-32278-doctor-who-OH-NO-YES-NO-gif-Da-1YRa.gif

Yep this all makes a ton of sense. Maybe? Possibly? I don't really think so.

I give you kudos for your post. for what you are trying to say, in which I agree :D and the use of thinking of this in the mental sounding of the tenth doctor. Ahhhhh, yes, that's awesome................................... I see your point. :D :D Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 1

No, the RGB format is used in computer graphics. Never missed them, I already explained the RGB are not added, even your link shows this.

Did I ever say or even remotely imply that RGB color code IS NOT used in computer graphics? You seem to have always some visions that don’t account for the reality.

Speaking of reality...

homelogo.jpg?t=0.5718294043449772

Now what?

I bet you won’t be able to figure out how to color the devil blue, so I shall reveal the trick to you. No equations involved here, because it’s not scientifically oriented method; just three easy-to-follow steps.

1) Convert 666 to hexadecimal number system: 666(dec.) = 29A(hex.)

2) Adjust the syntax to RGB hexadecimal code: 29A —> 00029A

3) Type the code into the search pane:

https://www.colorcodehex.com/00029a/

And you are done.

Well, not entirely, because you don’t apparently accept the creation of any color outside your computer. In that case, you need to convert the hex code 00029A into RGB where R=0, G=2, B=154. Then you define the variables. In Java, for example, it goes like

int R = (int) 0;

int G = (int) 2;

int B= (int)154;

Don't enter the values as literals, because you will surely find some issues and try to change 0 2 154 repeatedly.

Edited by dornier