Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

UFOs with Speeds up to 27,000 MPH

ufosfbi green fireballs los alamos project twinkle

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#106    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

it didn't interest you? right?

http://www.hessdalen...preport84.shtml

Of course I downplay it, especially because I know you're just kidding around and playing Devil's Advocate as usual, but I just doubtt that any of the UFO cases I posted are at all similar to what you're talking about.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, and I just can't see it.  If so, point it out to me--specifically.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 24 November 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#107    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 November 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

were those the only examples you could find?

No, but any other examples I could find look even less like UFOs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#108    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 24 November 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Ball lighting is typically short lived, yes, but it is hardly the only kind of plasma associated with UAP.  Plasmas can range from very small to very large, from no motion to high speed, from white lights, to colored lights, to metallic looking.  This is a very versatile phenomena, and durations range from very short to considerably long.  Take a look at some of the accounts from Hessdalen for example.

Yes, I've heard of these other kinds of plasmas, which sound like they can be anything or everything.  Of course, that makes it very hard to prove that they are anything at all, or tied to any specific UFO cases.  

As I said, one can postulate that they are responsible for any and all UFO reports from the past because people didn't know enough about what to look for, but I still don't think that they explain any of the UFO cases I posted.  I just don't see the similarities.

#109    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Of course there are many forms of plasmas.

Posted Image

They were first discovered in 1879, so the idea isn't all that new.

Plasma consists of a collection of free moving electrons and ions - atoms that have lost electrons. Energy is needed to strip electrons from atoms to make plasma. The energy can be of various origins: thermal, electrical, or light (ultraviolet light or intense visible light from a laser). With insufficient sustaining power, plasmas recombine into neutral gas.

Plasma can be accelerated and steered by electric and magnetic fields, which allows it to be controlled and applied. Plasma research is yielding a greater understanding of the universe. It also provides many practical uses: new manufacturing techniques, consumer products, the prospect of abundant energy, more efficient lighting, surface cleaning, waste removal, and many more application topics.

http://www.plasmas.o...are-plasmas.htm

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 24 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#110    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

By definition, a plasma is not a solid, liquid or gas and they have a different appearance and physical properties.

Posted Image

#111    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

They know how to create plasmas in the laboratory, under the right conditions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#112    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

They made these plasmas in a lab in 1951-52.

Posted Image

http://www.thunderbo...-circa-1951-52/

#113    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

NASA studies plasmas in different atmospheres.

Posted Image

Laser Plasmas on Earth and Mars

This image shows laser plasmas in a test lab at Los Alamos National Laboratory, N.M., under typical atmospheric pressures on Earth and Mars. A plasma is an ionized, glowing gas. The pressure on the Red Planet is only about one percent of that at sea level on Earth, allowing the plasma to expand more and become brighter. The laser beam, which is invisible, crosses the image from the left and strikes a metal target, creating the plasmas. Each image covers about 3 by 3 inches (75 by 75 millimeters). Image credit: LANL

http://www.nasa.gov/...a/pia16088.html

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 24 November 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#114    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Well, you get the idea.  These are the reasons that plasmas just cannot serve as a catch-all explanation for all UFO reports that cannot otherwise be identified, and I posted many of them in connection with Project Twinkle and the so-called "Green Fireballs" cases.

No one doubted that they were real or that they were often observed by scientists, filmed, photographed and triangulated, doing all kinds of high-speed maneuvers, etc, etc.  They were real and of great concern to the military and those connected with the missile and nuclear programs.  

I just don't think we can slap the word "Hessdalen" on all these events and call it good enough.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 24 November 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#115    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,314 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 24 November 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Well, you get the idea.  These are the reasons that plasmas just cannot serve as a catch-all explanation for all UFO reports that cannot otherwise be identified, and I posted many of them in connection with Project Twinkle and the so-called "Green Fireballs" cases.

No one doubted that they were real or that they were often observed by scientists, filmed, photographed and triangulated, doing all kinds of high-speed maneuvers, etc, etc.  They were real and of great concern to the military and those connected with the missile and nuclear programs.  

I just don't think we can slap the word "Hessdalen" on all these events and call it good enough.

You only come by that reasoning by deliberately confusing Plasmas observed in Hessdalen with conventional Plasmas. They are not conventional Plasmas and so far their mechanism of existence remains unexplained while conventional Plasmas are well understood.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#116    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postlost_shaman, on 24 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

You only come by that reasoning by deliberately confusing Plasmas observed in Hessdalen with conventional Plasmas. They are not conventional Plasmas and so far their mechanism of existence remains unexplained while conventional Plasmas are well understood.

The only thing I regret about the Ignore feature is that it still shows that the post exists and asks if you want to view it anyway.

I have this person on Ignore and will not respond to anything they say.

#117    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hi Mac, I am guessing you are familiar with the Kaikoura lights/ufos,  location not far from here in Christchurch.

I was intrigued as a youngster seeing the original tvnz broadcast on the sightings it was headline news, live and absolutely sensational.

It showed the mysterious film footage for the first time of what is now world renown, and thirty plus years later the object/s remain unexplained.

Atmospheric plasmas and orbs have been ruled out but one of the more laughable theories, or debunkings, is that it is merely moonlight reflecting off cabbages in someones garden! :cry: ooops!'

I havent found any reference to air speed estimates on these object/s so far and was wondering if you could help. Perhaps having the technical ability to disappear then reappear in different space at unbelievable speed on occassion, might explain why air control and bewildered pilot seemed out of sync on their visuals at different times.

What do you think Mac? The object/s seemed to do weird acrobatic manouvers, have the ability to shape - change and intensify in different  
frequencies.

Posted Image                                                                                 Posted ImagePosted Image

#118    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 24 November 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Since you will keep joking around as ling as I continue to humor you, let me ask thus another way.  What makes you think that all these UFO sightings I posted here are plasmas, ball lightning or UAPs?

as mentioned, plasmas exhibit all those same 'unique' attributes which you seem to be wanting to associate with et... i was interested to know why you confidently thought that natural phenomenon should be ruled out... not that i was hoping that you would come up with a convincing argument, but nonetheless... never mind....

#119    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 24 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Of course I downplay it, especially because *snip*

you don't have counter-arguments? that's why you ignore addressing them? i'm referring to the duration of plasmas, btw... :unsure2:

#120    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Posttaniwha, on 25 November 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Atmospheric plasmas and orbs have been ruled out

can you please reference the data in question?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users