Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama Skeet-Shooting Photograph

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,307 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the closeup of the shotgun Aztek!

#17    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostStellar, on 04 February 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

If people are saying its real, why insinuate that there's something "off" with the photo?

And if it's not a real photo?  It wouldn't be the first time the government tried to cover or smokescreen us, right?  If you trust in the government that much, you're in for some really disappointing times...  

One thing that gets me about this picture is where he's aiming.  I've always seen people aim upward and unless he took lessons from Dick Cheney, it looks dangerous the way he's doing it.  Take a look at the picture I've found and the one of the President...

Attached Files

Edited by Mantis914, 04 February 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#18    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostMantis914, on 04 February 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

And if it's not a real photo?  It wouldn't be the first time the government tried to cover or smokescreen us, right?  If you trust in the government that much, you're in for some really disappointing times...  

One thing that gets me about this picture is where he's aiming.  I've always seen people aim upward and unless he took lessons from Dick Cheney, it looks dangerous the way he's doing it.  Take a look at the picture I've found and the one of the President...

Not everybody can afford a handmade Benelli.

Edit: And if the Prezz was using one I could hear the howling about favoring Italian arms instead of Remingtons.

Edited by questionmark, 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#19    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,058 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

When shooting zombies it's important not to shoot over their heads. :P

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#20    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Are you saying its not a real photo? Because that's what it seems people are insinuating when they "question" the muzzle blast...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#21    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,073 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

:)  The article only says he was skeet shooting.  Didn't say he was good at it.

:P

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#22    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

So people howl about how Obama hates guns. Obama points out that he doesn't hate guns and goes skeet shooting. Then the same people howl about how no photo was put out to prove this claim. The Whitehouse rolls its eyes and puts out a photo. Now people are claiming the photo is fake?

You know I wonder if Obama came out in favour of oxygen if some of our members would immediately stop breathing.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

So what, there's a photograph of Obama skeet shooting.  What's to discuss?  (other than the usual partisan-charged turd vs. douche banter)  

Maybe the photo is real.  So what?   Maybe the photo is fake.  So what?  

I'll bet if there was a photo of Obama on vacation kissing another woman, it'd be the democrats who'd all clamor that it was fake while the republicans would insist otherwise.   What's so sad about this exercise is how our view of reality is determined by straining things through a predetermined political filter first.  .It's pretty obvious how threads like this can expose our inner partisan without needing anyone to admit it.    Pure partisan turd nip.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#24    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,053 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostStellar, on 04 February 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Are you saying its not a real photo? Because that's what it seems people are insinuating when they "question" the muzzle blast...

I'm not insinuating anything... I'm saying flat out, it looks dangerous as to where he's aiming the gun, unless he is aiming at a zombie...

Maybe Nibs said it best.  They didn't say he was good at it...

#25    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hey at least the tags weren't still on his jacket like Kerry had when he ran for president ... lol

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#26    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,463 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

may be took few hints from cheney, and aiming for lawyers,  not clay pigeons,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#27    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostCorp, on 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

So people howl about how Obama hates guns. Obama points out that he doesn't hate guns and goes skeet shooting. Then the same people howl about how no photo was put out to prove this claim. The Whitehouse rolls its eyes and puts out a photo. Now people are claiming the photo is fake?

You know I wonder if Obama came out in favour of oxygen if some of our members would immediately stop breathing.

Wow... very insulting. I am peeved that is infringing upon the second constitution, I am peeved that he referred to it as a tradition, not a right or liberty. The smoke should have went out of both sides and the end of the barrel, but as you can see in the photo, it didn't come out of the side. Plus the barrel is solid with no ports in it to allow the smoke to escape, so yes the photo is photo shopped with Obama holding the shotgun. Anyone can stand and hold a gun, then add extra effects to make it look like he is skeet shooting, but a keen eye would notice the details in the photo. If he actually taken the time to use a shotgun with ports on the side of the barrel, then I would most likely to believe, but he didn't which lead to me noticing it quickly. Plus with his line of sight, he should have been aiming higher to make it more believable. The way he is holding the shotgun is extremely irresponsible too. because the pellets can fly many yards before it completely falls to the ground. With all he been saying and what I have observed, he is irresponsible and shouldn't be a gun owner like he said many times over.

You can't bake and eat your pie at the same time Obama.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 05 February 2013 - 02:49 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#28    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,307 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Uncle

Aztek provided a photo of at least one shotgun with side ports on only one side.  I'm not much of a shotgun guy, but it looks legit to me.

#29    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 05 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Uncle

Aztek provided a photo of at least one shotgun with side ports on only one side.  I'm not much of a shotgun guy, but it looks legit to me.

While aztek showed us a type of gun that exists,the phenomenon above is of a different nature. Obama is at his second shot at the clay disk, having evidently missed the first. The throw came from the right, where you see the upwards gun smoke (first shot, upper barrel) and what you are seeing is the moment of the second shot. The thing coming out the barrel after the smoke is the plastic casing used to hold the pellets in the shell (second shot, lower barrel). That he is not an assiduous skeet shooter is proven by the fact that he is trying to shoot a target that has almost reached the ground, where even the best miss 80% of the time.

All that happens in a few seconds when you are shooting at clay targets.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#30    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 05 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Uncle

In the photo of Obama, do you see any ports on the shotgun's barrel?

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users