Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

To some of you, the idea of astral travel, (astral projection, OBE) may seem completely insane. It did to me once too. But I decided to try it anyway, and had amazing results.

-

Astral travel has been practised throughout history - and there have been thousands of documented scientific experiements confirming that astral travel is real.

People seek therapy because they 'wake up paralyzed and rigid' (sleep paralysis, a close component of astral travel) 'Wake up and see strange beings around them' (entities found in the astral plane) 'Find themselves floating or vibrating violently, or engulfed in a bright light' (sensations felt as the astral body leaves the physical body) Some people have even gone so far as to say their astral experiences are alien encounters.

-

And, there are those who resent astral travel and/or refuse to beleive it is possible at all. Perhaps for one or more of the following reasons:

1. They beleive that astral experiences are actually dreams. (Wrong. Astral travel is a fully conscious experience, as thousands of people have confirmed worldwide.)

2. They beleive that those who claim to astral travel are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. (Wrong again. Drugs or Alcohol actually hinder astral travel. Furthermore, most people who astral travel began astral travelling at a very young age - 6 to 12.)

3. They beleive what people describe as an astral experience is actually an alien abduction. (Thrice wrong. Although, waking paralyzed, seeing strange entities, and being engulfed in a blinding white light may be likened to an alien abduction, such symptoms are components of the first stages of astral travel.)

4. They beleive people claim to be able to astral travel for publicity, money, or attention in general. (Indeed, some people may use astral travel for such a purpose, or claim that they are able to astral travel when in actuality they cannot. However, astral travel is an enlightening spiritual experience, and he or she who has astral travelled normally understands the importance of keeping such a controvertial hobby quiet. Furthermore, it is commonly known that if one astral travels for selfish or evil purposes, they are likely to find themselves attracting unpleasant entities.)

5. They beleive astral travel is evil, and a sin unto god. (A misconception. As said above, astral travel is a spiritually enlightening and developing experience, not an evil or sinful one. The bible actually talkes about astral travel on several occasions; it describes people as being "in the spirit" while receiving prophecy. Terminology of astral projection is also found in:

Ecclesiastes 12:6-12:7:

"Remember [your Creator] — before the silver cord is severed,

or the golden bowl is broken;

before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,

or the wheel broken at the well,

and the dust returns to the ground it came from,

and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

The passage is talking about what happens when we die.

The silver cord this passage talks about exists when one projects. It links the physical body to the astral one. Don't worry - It can only be severed if we die in the physical world. The golden bowl refers to the 'crown chakra' the main energy center of the body, used to project. Biblical Scholars attribute these lines to astral projection or the astral body in general.

Those are some of the more common reasons people resent or refuse to beleive astral travel is possible. Hopefully I have cleared up some of the myths associated with this phenomena.

-

Here is a technique for astral travel. I bluntly call it the '4 in the morning technique' I have tried many methods over the past two years, and this one had the best results. I have written it out in steps. It involves getting up at 4 o'clock in the morning - a little extra effort, but it is by far worth it. The reasons for waking up at 4 in the morning are:

- You will be drowsy and it will be easier to clear your head.

- You will drift off to sleep much faster.

- You will have gotten up for a purpose; your body and mind will be tuned to what you are trying to achieve.

A note to those who are skeptical about astral travel but still wish to try it: You must keep an open mind while attempting to project. Any negative thoughts or feelings will certainly hold you back. Stay positive, open, and willing.

The technique is as follows:

Set your alarm for 4 o'clock in the morning.

Allow yourself to drift asleep.

At four in the morning, the alarm will wake you. Get out of bed turn on the light, and splash water on your face. Dry your face with a towell.

After about two minutes, get back in bed. Lie on your back.

You will most likely be feeling groggy and tired. Your mind will be eager to get back to sleep.

Close your eyes, and clear your mind. This should be easy because you are so tired.

Now, imagine you are standing somewhere in your room. Perhaps in the far corner. Vividly see yourself standing there. Know that you are standing there, and that your body is still lying on the bed. Focus your whole mind on this concept.

While working on that, begin a simple affirmation in your head. "I am going to astral travel. I am going to leave my body." Say it in your head, over and over, while imagining you are on the other side of the room.

While you are doing this, you will begin to drift back to sleep. Slowly, your mind will begin to cloud. Make sure that the concept of standing elsewhere in your room is the last thing that goes through your mind before you are asleep.

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating

- Sinking

- Vibrations

- A bright white/blue light

- A rushing or popping sound

- Starnge noises; someone calling your name

- A jolt

If you experience one or more of these sensations for the first time, it may be frightening. But know that they are positive signs; signs that let you know you're about to project.

Almost always, apon feeling a strange sensation, the person trying to project gets such a fright that he/she is jolted back into their body. If this happens to you, allow yourself to fall asleep and try again the next night, knowing presently that there is nothing to fear.

If you find yourself outside your body, do not stay out for too long the first time. Float about your room, become used to the physics of the astral plane, and then will yourself back into your body. You can start exploring after a 24 hour break. There may be a guide waiting for you. This guide will watch over you and take you where you please. Talk briefly with the guide, and say you will project again in 24 hours.

When 24 hours pass, you will be ready to explore and venture further than your room. You may not even have to use drifting off to sleep as a medium for astral travel.

If, after several attempts, you still have not projected, do not be detered. It is likely you will have felt some of the sensations above while trying, and this is a positive sign. You must remember that it is a matter of willpower. You can't just casually attempt to project in a one-off scenario. Think about astral travel throughout the day. Buy a book on astral travel. Attempt to astral travel everynight. Eventually, I gurantee, you will get out.

-

That's all I have time for at the moment. If you have any questions about the technique I listed, or about astral travel or the astral plane, send me a PM. I will be happy to help.

Edited by Socrates
  • Like 9

So thats what its called huh.....

I been doing that astro-traveling for a long time.....I always knew it was more intense than dreaming and knew it was somehow a psychic type thing, but I have always been able to feel people's emotions from talking with them even for only moments....

I just figured I was maybe a little more "in tune" with my surroundings than other's..

I had no idea it had a name and stuff......very interesting.....

Good Post!

• Like 2

woah woah woah woah woah wait a minute-could you do this on accident sometimes? because a few times since about maybe 2 years ago i have been in been at night sort of sleeping but a little awake, and suddenly it feels like someone yanks my arm and gives it a jolt. then im suddenly wide awake and my heart beats fast cuz it freaks me out. It even happened in school today when i was falling asleep. i have heard of astral projection but i didnt know what it was or what happens. Also, i know this sounds stupid, but is this guide thing like a human, an animal, or can you not see it. And if you come across one, does it speak the same language you speak like English? sorry if im being a bother-

-Saint Hak

Edited by Saint-Hak

Hi Saint-Hak,

The jolt sensation you felt could very well mean you were beginning to astral project. You got a fright though, so you were pulled back.

An answer to the guide question - when you astral project, you are able to see all kinds of different entities - ghosts, angels, you name it. Each of us has our own guide that waits for us in the astral. It could take any form - animal or human. If it wants to talk to you, it will probably talk to you in a way you will understand; in the language you speak.

• Like 1

I have a short attention span so I didn't bother to read your entire post (I will soon after I eat my cereal). But is it possible to astral project into an animal? My roommate claims that he can do this with cats. And I find this spooky.

socrates,

Thank You for telling me that, im sorry if im being a nuisance, but i have a few more questions. what happens if you go to far away from your body, and what is the maximum distance you can travel? also, would your body be in a coma like state when you were astro projecting? and could you effect the the physical realm or contact anyone while doing this? and one more BIG question. Lets say i have a friend spend the night at my house. If we both astro-projected, could we see eachother and talk to eachother in the astro plane? that just came to my my when i read this. well, thank you for your help i always wanted to know how to astroproject.

thank you,

-Saint Hak

P.S.-could any ghost,entity,angel,etc. hurt you while on the astral plane and keep you from getting back to your body? and-how DO you get back to the physical realm?

I have a short attention span so I didn't bother to read your entire post (I will soon after I eat my cereal). But is it possible to astral project into an animal? My roommate claims that he can do this with cats. And I find this spooky.

Hey there,

I'm afraid this is impossible. Ironically, I've tried to 'get inside' my cat before. Doesn't work at all. :)

socrates,

Thank You for telling me that, im sorry if im being a nuisance, but i have a few more questions. what happens if you go to far away from your body, and what is the maximum distance you can travel? also, would your body be in a coma like state when you were astro projecting? and could you effect the the physical realm or contact anyone while doing this? and one more BIG question. Lets say i have a friend spend the night at my house. If we both astro-projected, could we see eachother and talk to eachother in the astro plane? that just came to my my when i read this. well, thank you for your help i always wanted to know how to astroproject.

thank you,

-Saint Hak

P.S.-could any ghost,entity,angel,etc. hurt you while on the astral plane and keep you from getting back to your body? and-how DO you get back to the physical realm?

Not a problem :) I'm happy to help.

You can go as far away from your body as you please. many people have reported flying far into outer-space. It's important not to fly very far during your first few times though.

Your body is not left in a coma state. It simply keeps breathing and functioning normally. Don't forget, your brain is still in your body; it's your consciousness that has left.

Occasionally, you may be able to make yourself appear to people in the physical, or even talk to them, but it depends how much you want to do it. It takes willpower. Ultimately, what you do in the astral does not affect the physical.

If you and your friend both astral projected, then yes, you would be able to see and talk to eachother in the astral. People often astral travel together, as it is more fun!

• Like 1

How can you be so sure, unless you have a study on several different people and compare the data?

Good question.

This has been done countless times before. There have been experiements all over the world involving the study of astral travel. Look up the work of:

'Stuart Blue Harary'

'Dr. Robert Morris'

'Keith Harary'

'Dr. Scott Rogo'

'William Gerhardi'

Those are just a few names. The list is endless.

• Like 1

So by using brainwashing techniques you achieve astral projection......O...K

• Like 1

Explain this negative close-minded response, please :)

Sounds like someone needs to try it for themself! ^_^

I can understand your skepticism. But why don't you give it a try?

• Like 1

I've got my reservations about this. You bring up the Biblical explanation, but nowhere does it say anything about leaving your body to fly around.

Second, do you know who these "guides" are?

Third, if you believe in Angels, Demons, Ghosts, etc... then what's to say that when your consciousness, or soul, leaves your body, that something else doesn't take it over while you're on holiday?

It all seems like a nice change from day to day monotony, but it's also a very dangerous thing. Although http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection uses the same Biblical reference as you do, it is taken out of context. The use of "in the spirit" has nothing to do with astral projection. It's referring to the Holy Spirit, praying in the Holy Spirit. The trance is related to just that, and not leaving your body.

Astral Projection has been studied extensively, and it's authenticity is still inconclusive. It is believed by some to be real, and by others to be psychological, lucid dreams, etc... Personally, I've had some VERY vivid dreams that felt too real to have been just dreams. I've felt like I've fallen back into my body and jolted awake. Does it mean I've left my body? Absolutely not. It just means my imagination (a dream) created a sense of falling. It's pretty easy to explain, considering that when you're awake, and someone touches your arm, you feel it. But when you're asleep, you can slap some people in the face and they won't wake up, they don't feel it, and have no recollection of it in the morning. Your brain is fully capable of tuning off some senses and creating others within itself, which in turn can create a false reality. Whether it be when you're asleep, or when you are in a traumatizing event. Everyone has their own set of triggers.

Can you move your hand astrally *out* of your hand completely awake, aware, anytime in a calm environment? With no meditative process??

I can do that and that is something I think is crazy and it has it fantastical quality to it - I know, but, with contact with the afterlife - you see and hear them. They can "touch" you. Let you know you can do it. It's something I learned how to do.

Edited by PFlack

I've got my reservations about this. You bring up the Biblical explanation, but nowhere does it say anything about leaving your body to fly around.

Second, do you know who these "guides" are?

Third, if you believe in Angels, Demons, Ghosts, etc... then what's to say that when your consciousness, or soul, leaves your body, that something else doesn't take it over while you're on holiday?

It all seems like a nice change from day to day monotony, but it's also a very dangerous thing. Although http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection uses the same Biblical reference as you do, it is taken out of context. The use of "in the spirit" has nothing to do with astral projection. It's referring to the Holy Spirit, praying in the Holy Spirit. The trance is related to just that, and not leaving your body.

Astral Projection has been studied extensively, and it's authenticity is still inconclusive. It is believed by some to be real, and by others to be psychological, lucid dreams, etc... Personally, I've had some VERY vivid dreams that felt too real to have been just dreams. I've felt like I've fallen back into my body and jolted awake. Does it mean I've left my body? Absolutely not. It just means my imagination (a dream) created a sense of falling. It's pretty easy to explain, considering that when you're awake, and someone touches your arm, you feel it. But when you're asleep, you can slap some people in the face and they won't wake up, they don't feel it, and have no recollection of it in the morning. Your brain is fully capable of tuning off some senses and creating others within itself, which in turn can create a false reality. Whether it be when you're asleep, or when you are in a traumatizing event. Everyone has their own set of triggers.

Knightmeir, you have some very valid points.

Perhaps you'd be interested in the work of these scientists as well:

'Stuart Blue Harary'

'Dr. Robert Morris'

'Keith Harary'

'Dr. Scott Rogo'

'William Gerhardi'

'Sylvan Mondoon'

'Sylvia Browne'

If you're willing, you could try the technique I listed as well. You've got nothing to lose. Apart from a good night's sleep. :tu:

Can you move your hand astrally *out* of your hand completely awake, aware, anytime in a calm environment? With no meditative process??

I can do that and that is something I think is crazy and it has it fantastical quality to it - I know, but, with contact with the afterlife - you see and hear them. They can "touch" you. Let you know you can do it. It's something I learned how to do.

Hey PFlack; yes, I can do that, but I need to fully relax first. It takes quite a while. Sounds like you have an awesome talent.

hey socrates, tonight im going to try to astral travel, and then tomorrow night my friend will spend the night. when i told him about it, he thought it sounded cool and all, but then we thought of something. If we BOTH were in astral projection at the same time, and we saw eachother and everything on the astral plane and stuff, and then we had to go back to our bodies...Is there any chance that i could go back into HIS body and he could go back INTO my body, but you know, we are just sort of conciouses in the astral plane sort of, and our bodies will have no concious. so does this mean we could switch bodies for a week? just a theory we thought of

-Saint Hak

... I'm impressed. You really sound like you know what you're doing. I'll try this out on the weekend, maybe...

TeraLink Was Here! ;)

Edited by TeraLink

hey socrates, tonight im going to try to astral travel, and then tomorrow night my friend will spend the night. when i told him about it, he thought it sounded cool and all, but then we thought of something. If we BOTH were in astral projection at the same time, and we saw eachother and everything on the astral plane and stuff, and then we had to go back to our bodies...Is there any chance that i could go back into HIS body and he could go back INTO my body, but you know, we are just sort of conciouses in the astral plane sort of, and our bodies will have no concious. so does this mean we could switch bodies for a week? just a theory we thought of

-Saint Hak

Hey Saint Hak, although that's an interesting idea, I'm afraid it's impossible. There is a silver cord which connects your physical body to your astral body. Your astral body is for your body, and yours alone. Cool idea though. You'll still be able to have lots of fun putting your hands through eachother and stuff like that. :D

• Like 1

Teralink, you should! You'll be amazed by the sensations you feel and the experiences you have.

Edited by Socrates

This has got to be one of the best techniques i've ever heard of...

I might try it.

Every other technique I have come across is just so looooooooong and tedious.

Thanks

Peace be upon you

Yeah - the great thing about this technique is you're already drowsy and tired when you begin, instead of being wide awake. So it takes minimal time to get out! Good luck. :)