Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travel

NineDream

Been reading a lot on this JOHN TITOR. You know, The time traveler from 2036 who went onto forums back in 2001 speaking to people about the things he knew ect,etc. The thing i dont quite get with all this is how come every person connected to time travel always assumes that you would need a machine to tavel back and fourth in time.... I believe this is'nt the case... I think we all time travel often into the past and into the future, Most people just dont know they've done it. My theory is that we dream of past events that have happened and we often dream about future events that will happen.

Heres an example:

Where i live there is a small car park at the end of the street. As long as i've been alive it has always been a car park. I had a dream one night that i was on the street and instead of ther being a car park at the end of the street there was a building. I'de never seen this building before (only in my dream).

The next day i began to research the area to see if there was a building there before the car park was built. I found an old image in a book in the local libary.

Low and behold to my utter suprise there it was, the very same building i had dreamt about standing in the very spot where there is now a car park. How could i have dreamt about a building i had never seen before being where the car park is? The answer is simple I traveled back in time to my street and saw that building. I did'nt use a machine to do this. All i did was close my eyes and dream.

Wierd theory but who knows prehaps i'm onto something here...

If you've had anything similar to this please send a reply.... Thnx

• Like 3

A few years ago I had several dreams about a U-shaped road with houses being built around it. Maybe a year later, maybe more, I was driving in the outskirts of a town about 15 miles away, and there was that same U-shaped road with houses being built around it.

It is possible I may have seen this road before I dreamt about it, but why dream about it at all? Also, when I actually saw the road, the road and houses under construction looked new. The road and houses didn't look as if they had been there long enough for me to have seen them before I dreamt of them.

How do we know this guy is a legit time traveler? Link to proof?

Maybe instead of time traveling you are tuning into your physic abilities or remembering a past life.

Welcome to UM.

Edited by Hilander

Hi NineDream, I have moved this to a more appropriate forum.

How do we know this guy is a legit time traveler? Link to proof?

Hi ZaraKitty you can read more about the John Titor hoax here

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 2

When I was a kid and far off from being legal to drive, (i'm thinking 10 or 11) I used to have dreams about me driving along a highway that always began in a specific neighbourhood in the east end. They were scary dreams, where i knew i shouldn't be driving because i was just a kid..and definetly shouldn't be on a highway. Sometimes i would get into car accidents in the dreams too.

In reality there was no highway there back then, but the city recently built one. (its actually a parkway that stretches and connects to another highway, but it has highway speed limits none the less)

It opened in 2007 right where my dreams always took place. Pretty eerie, and I try not to drive on it whenever possible. lol

Edited by sarah_444

so rather than the much more likely explanation that once upon a time you saw an old photograph and didnt remember it,

or your brain simply created an old building in the same style as older buildings in the same area,

you simply MUST have time traveled!

at what point does something like that become the most logical answer to you?

do me a favour close your eyes and tell me next weeks lottery numbers, when you win come and gloat at me.

Maybe instead of time traveling you are tuning into your physic abilities or remembering a past life.

Welcome to UM.

If we really have passed life, maybe it is possible. Once a women told me I died a horrible in my pass life, drowning in a sinking ship.

I don't have phobia of water and I like the sea, i like to swim, but when I take a shower or water is on my face, I have that feeling I can't take a breath, I'm choking, its weird.

....But still I'm not convinced there are passed life's.

I always believed in time travels nut using machines or stuff like that, its only by your (physic abilities or remembering a past life) like Hilander such as she mentioned, and I agree with her,

because if there was a Time travel machine then why! has no one come back from the future, i mean future like 3800 A.D or 9522 A.D or even 489851 A.D whatever.

my theory is that before humans can made a time travel machine. something or someone cause the extermination of all mankind

that proof's mankind will be rise again after the Judgment Day in Another world with Existing of Hell and Heaven.

Edited by Fox.Mulder

Well, to my knowledge, as deemed by theoretical physicist's, time travel to the past is physically impossible..

Time travel to the future.. That may be a different story, indeed.

Well, to my knowledge, as deemed by theoretical physicist's, time travel to the past is physically impossible..

Time travel to the future.. That may be a different story, indeed.

Physical time travel, whether to the past or future, is impossible. The Earth moves around the sun, the solar system around the galactic center and the galaxy through the universe. Each day the Earth moves millions of miles. Traveling in time would place you where your house was before it moved.

• Like 1

Physical time travel, whether to the past or future, is impossible. The Earth moves around the sun, the solar system around the galactic center and the galaxy through the universe. Each day the Earth moves millions of miles. Traveling in time would place you where your house was before it moved.

Well, we are all traveling into the future at the rate of one second per second, so time travel into the future is possible. Also, theoretically, if you were to attain high enough speeds, a much faster rate of travel into the future would be possible. Time paradox and all that.

What if you have a vessel, traveling at the speed of light, using the gravity of a black hole? Black holes are inescapable, and produce the strongest gravitational fields in the known Universe?

• Like 1

In another forum the ability for subatomic particles to jump out of our reality and skip into another realm is real,

brings me to believe this is the basis for psychic ability.As our bodies are made of millions of subatomic particles

are mind during sleep focus the transition into forward time travel as they probably move beyond the speed of

light.Which gives forward insight into areas we don't know we are on the road to this is a theory i have the faster

we go mentally the more forward we move in the mind becoming iv done this before !!

What if you have a vessel, traveling at the speed of light, using the gravity of a black hole? Black holes are inescapable, and produce the strongest gravitational fields in the known Universe?

Provided you have a powerful enough ship and don't venture past the event horizon, you should in theory be able to escape a black hole assuming it doesn't rip you apart.

If we really have passed life, maybe it is possible. Once a women told me I died a horrible in my pass life, drowning in a sinking ship.

I don't have phobia of water and I like the sea, i like to swim, but when I take a shower or water is on my face, I have that feeling I can't take a breath, I'm choking, its weird.

....But still I'm not convinced there are passed life's.

I have the same thing... I think there is a bundle of nerves in the nose that when they get even a small amount of water on them trigger a strong response. If I get even mist in my nose when I'm in the shower, I feel like I can't breath or I'm drowning. It seems like a direct trigger of fight/flight response, and it's probably why waterboarding overrides the logical knowledge that you aren't actually drowning.

Provided you have a powerful enough ship and don't venture past the event horizon, you should in theory be able to escape a black hole assuming it doesn't rip you apart.

Right. In theory, of course. ;)

You would have to literally harness the power of a star, in an analogous sense, to have enough power to escape the gravitational pull.

I also heard about one idea of having a super-train with tracks that literally wrap around Earth. Time dilation is the concept that is applied. The train would have to travel at or almost precisely the speed of light. It is said that if a clock was on board, the hands would move rather slow in the momentous train, as opposed to a clock that is at rest. The relativity between the two clocks would not be noticed by humans at first, but the line between the two clocks would be drawn in the difference of billionths of seconds - that with immense speed, eventually add up. On an article I read, it stated:

"If such a train could attain 99.999 percent light speed, only 1 year would pass onboard for every 223 years back at the train station."

So technically, you would be time traveling.

Another concept that is more popularized is wormholes. I remember in my senior year of high school I worked in the library and I picked up Hawking's A Brief History of Time, and that is where I first got my taste of theoretical physics. In a microscopic, or quantum level, our mass might be able to be transported. But currently we know more about the observable Universe than we do microscopically. Of course there are ideas, such as String Theory, that are delving into the subject, and many great physicists are engineering the equations and concepts. However, physics is trial and error, from all accounts. It may be some time before we find out if time travel is indeed achievable.

Edited by Drayno

Right. In theory, of course. ;)

You would have to literally harness the power of a star, in an analogous sense, to have enough power to escape the gravitational pull.

I also heard about one idea of having a super-train with tracks that literally wrap around Earth. Time dilation is the concept that is applied. The train would have to travel at or almost precisely the speed of light. It is said that if a clock was on board, the hands would move rather slow in the momentous train, as opposed to a clock that is at rest. The relativity between the two clocks would not be noticed by humans at first, but the line between the two clocks would be drawn in the difference of billionths of seconds - that with immense speed, eventually add up. On an article I read, it stated:

"If such a train could attain 99.999 percent light speed, only 1 year would pass onboard for every 223 years back at the train station."

So technically, you would be time traveling.

Another concept that is more popularized is wormholes. I remember in my senior year of high school I worked in the library and I picked up Hawking's A Brief History of Time, and that is where I first got my taste of theoretical physics. In a microscopic, or quantum level, our mass might be able to be transported. But currently we know more about the observable Universe than we do about the microscopic Universe. Of course there are ideas, such as String Theory, that are delving into the subject, and many great physicists are engineering the equations and concepts. However, physics is trial and error, from all accounts. It may be some time before we find out if time travel is indeed achievable.

Edited by Drayno

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Google brought me here, although i searched for something different..

I've read about this John Titor once, actually all info i could find and i still dont know if its true. His time machine looked convincing and the way it functioned. And he said everytime you travel back in time your normal time lane gets a little distorted (0.1-1%)..

He also mentioned Particle Colider in Cern and that we're gonna find the "god particle - Boson" in year 2012 and this turned out to be true..

Anyway I had this unsual dream not so long ago (1-2 months), it was about mind controlled time travel (time jumping).

I dreamed I could travel back in time with mind focused time jumping meditation :rofl:

I ended in 1950's era with few friends and there was another mind time traveler, but she was a spy with some strange scar on ear and neck - like burned flesh, i could see her neck had gills and she breath with those gills :D

She got alarmed when I checked out her scar from the distance, then she turned around and looked if someone followed her, later we shifted to early 1990's.. It looked like out some scifi show or a movie, crazy stuff lol

So my question is, is this even remotly possible or just some crazy dream? :)

Edited by TheHunter

We are travelling through time right now aren't we?

Christopher Reeves was the lead role in a film about time travel with the power of the mind (http://en.wikipedia...._in_Time_(film)). That's for those who suggested time travel without a machine, quite an interesting film.

As for John Titor, what a pile of crap... I predict none of his predictions will happen, and I am from the year 2012.

Edited by Junior Chubb

A few years ago I had a dream where I went back in time to just before graduating high school. I spent the whole time there trying to convince the people I encountered from my past that I was back from the future. I remember feeling so fustrated and angry that no one would believe me and the knowledge I imparted to them regarding their own futures was just laughed at. Guess it doesn't mean anything but an interesting paradox never the less. Where as, although they had the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge they elected to dismiss it. How many of us would react the same way when presented with the knowledge of our own future I wonder? Perhaps its the not knowing thats important and makes everyday worth living.

In another forum the ability for subatomic particles to jump out of our reality and skip into another realm is real,

brings me to believe this is the basis for psychic ability.As our bodies are made of millions of subatomic particles

are mind during sleep focus the transition into forward time travel as they probably move beyond the speed of

light.Which gives forward insight into areas we don't know we are on the road to this is a theory i have the faster

we go mentally the more forward we move in the mind becoming iv done this before !!

The worst kind of physics-butchering pseudo babble.

• 1 month later...