Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

CNN Joins Tea Party: Delay ACA for 1 Year !

cnn wolf blitzer

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#91    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 26 October 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

The top 20% in America are doing really well. :tu:

They surround themselves with proven professionals.
Well, as long as it's only 80% of the country getting shafted, then everything's all right, I guess.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#92    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostTiggs, on 26 October 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Well, as long as it's only 80% of the country getting shafted, then everything's all right, I guess.

The Upper Middle Class are doing okay. That will improve soon.

The poor however are getting poorer.

They got their hours scaled back from 40 hours per week to 30 hours per week. Today we are a Nation of Part Time workers.

- Ripple Effects of ObamaCare -

That could be used as a pretty good tool to - sell - moving the Canadian Public Option down here to the USA.

Possible Carrot and Stick Floated by the White House : " Okay, if you accept the Single Payer System from Canada here in the USA,

then the 30 hour requirement disappears !!! Oh and almost forgot, the Public Option is really easy and FREE !!!!!!!!"

"What do ya say America ?!!!"

"Yes or  No ?"

Edited by CyberKen, 26 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#93    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

More and more the world will be on the dole as automation removes the need for any but the most educated and talented.

#94    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 26 October 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

More and more the world will be on the dole as automation removes the need for any but the most educated and talented.

Free Market Capitalists will continue to start new companies, learn, grow and lead the way.

- American Exceptionalism - :tu:

The only thing holding them back is themselves. Now is a bad time to walk around wearing a T Shirt that has the word - Victim -

written on the front.

#95    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 26 October 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

1,000 posts later, and CyberKen eventually writes a single sentence that I can agree with.

It's probably the first sign of the apocalypse.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#96    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostTiggs, on 26 October 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

1,000 posts later, and CyberKen eventually writes a single sentence that I can agree with.

The winds of change are upon us. Under NEW leadership in the White House, the poor will get richer.

Well now, there is a thought.

BTW, Senator Ted Cruz hit a Home Run in Iowa. The Republican Party is energized !  - He gave the crowd a Path to Victory. -

#97    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Your viewing will continue after this short commercial break for Ted Cruz, sponsored by Netscape, the browser of champions.

View PostCyberKen, on 26 October 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

The winds of change are upon us. Under NEW leadership in the White House, the poor will get richer.

Well now, there is a thought.

BTW, Senator Ted Cruz hit a Home Run in Iowa. The Republican Party is energized !  - He gave the crowd a Path to Victory. -

HERE
Posted Image

#98    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostTiggs, on 26 October 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Your viewing will continue after this short commercial break for Ted Cruz, sponsored by Netscape, the browser of champions.

Actually, it's FireFox.

Feel free to borrow my Netscape Animated Icon.

---------
Also, more bad news from the Democrats:

Democrat Memo: Make no mistake: Senator Ted Cruz is leading the Republican Party.

Candidates want to be him.  Incumbents are afraid of him.

The Republican Party is energized by him.

----------
I think i hear the Fat Lady Singing.  It's over for the democrats. They are on defense now. :tu:

#99    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 26 October 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Actually, it's FireFox.

Feel free to borrow my Netscape Animated Icon.
Why would I want to associate myself with something that's constantly spinning and advertising a brand long past it's prime?

HERE
Posted Image

#100    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostTiggs, on 26 October 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Why would I want to associate myself with something that's constantly spinning and advertising a brand long past it's prime?

It's called Eye Candy.

Remember the 1 st Netscape Browser?  You had to pay for it.

Then Microsoft bought the Spy Glass Browser for $2 Million and then gave it away for free. - Internet Explorer -

#101    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 26 October 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

It's called Eye Candy.
It's called the 90's.

HERE
Posted Image

#102    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostTiggs, on 26 October 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

It's called the 90's.

Now everybody is using Google Chrome. It wins all of the page rendering speed tests.

It has built - in Flash.

#103    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Posted ImageCyberKen, on 26 October 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostTiggs, on 26 October 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

So, then, You are against ObamaScare because of the coersion.
And, you are against the Redistribution of Wealth because it doesn't work.
I'd say you are making progress in the Right direction....

...because with all the Americans now getting checks from the Government...along with Child Tax Credit Refunds...and food stamps (what do they call them...oh yeah..Triple Dippers)...and they are STILL getting poorer....

ANd...can you please explain what Religion has to do with Positive Thought Process?
It matters little what one's IQ is Tiggs...and I am probably correct in guessing that yours is very high...but Yota has the final say on all this Positive talk stuff:
Do or do not...there is no try.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#104    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Postjoc, on 27 October 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

So, then, You are against ObamaScare because of the coersion.
And, you are against the Redistribution of Wealth because it doesn't work.
I'd say you are making progress in the Right direction....
I'm strongly for social safety nets. That's about as far away from the right wing as it's possible to be.

...because with all the Americans now getting checks from the Government...along with Child Tax Credit Refunds...and food stamps (what do they call them...oh yeah..Triple Dippers)...and they are STILL getting poorer....
And they'll continue to do so, as long as the government continues to cut spending in a weak economy.

ANd...can you please explain what Religion has to do with Positive Thought Process?
Your absolute belief in it's ability to do the impossible.

It doesn't matter how positive your thinking is - you're still not going to levitate the Pentagon.

It matters little what one's IQ is Tiggs...and I am probably correct in guessing that yours is very high...but Yota has the final say on all this Positive talk stuff:
Do or do not...there is no try.
Yoda's just a puppet, who's scriptwriter has outcomes confused with events.

HERE
Posted Image

#105    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostTiggs, on 27 October 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

I'm strongly for social safety nets. That's about as far away from the right wing as it's possible to be.
I am not against social safety nets...but there has to be a limit.

And they'll continue to do so, as long as the government continues to cut spending in a weak economy.
I know you are not dillusional...so...how does that sentence make any sense at all given that this administration has increased spending more than all of the other Presidents combined?  We are not cutting spending...you must be talking about the Sequester...that's like saying, Ok, I won't buy a Latte on Mondays anymore...see how I'm cutting spending?

Your absolute belief in it's ability to do the impossible.

It doesn't matter how positive your thinking is - you're still not going to levitate the Pentagon.
Tiggs,  you are missing the point.  Please let me explain:
No matter how strongly I believe that I can fly, I know that I will hit the ground like a sack of cement if I spread my arms and jump off of my roof.  But, I CAN fly.  The question then becomes:  How?   That opens up an avenue for thought process...example:  maybe I can make wings like a bird...Fail. maybe I can make a suit that is aerodynamically sound...Bingo!
But if I say that I CAN'T fly.  The question then becomes...well...there isn't any question...the thought process stops right there.
So then, If someone is unemployed and the bills are piling up...EX:  Okay, there are no jobs ...maybe I CAN start my own business.  The question then becomes:  How, doing what?  Again, the avenue for thought process opens up.  Maybe I can sell my services as a Leaf Raker and rake peoples yards.  Yeah, I CAN do that.  How, do I get customers, how much do I charge?  Maybe I will just ask that lady down the street with the big yard and all the leaves piling up.  Hi lady, would you like to hire me to rake your yard?  Fifty dollars?  Great...I'll start right now.
But...if one says, I CAN'T find a job. Maybe I can start a business.  No, I can't do that.  THought process stops and that's it.  Another government check is written.
That isn't blind belief in religion or anything else...it is however belief in the power of positive thinking.
Here is the last point:  Whenever anyone asks me, can you fix this or do that?  My response is always:  We have men and women living in a box...22,000 miles out in space.  We can fix a broken pipe.  Or whatever it is....we CAN.  Remember that ALWAYS the question that follows CAN is how?  And that opens up thought process.  ALWAYS the question that follows CAN'T is...if any question does...Why not?  The only thing that question does is empower an unlimited number of excuses.

Yoda's just a puppet, who's scriptwriter has outcomes confused with events.
THose of us who think positively find positive inspiration everywhere.

Edited by joc, 27 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users