Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dizziness around older objects

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#46    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think  it's neat that you have atleast been open to some "reasonable" suggestions.  I am considered a "skeptic" but you didn't come here spouting off magic powers, just telling an interesting tale of some neat occurrences that you experience.

I offered a couple of smallish controls nothing "scientific" but stuff that could atleast narrow things abit, and you have taken that up.  I don't think your intent posting here was to really "prove" anything but merely discuss, hence why I have "tempered" my skepticalness (<---is that a word?!)

Sorry if the others have come out with the "randi challenge" stuff, I am definitely guilty of such actions when the poster comes here boasting of special powers or warning us about summoning demons heh.

However, with the limited success you have had, you might want to consider (for your own interest only) some slightly tighter controls with items created in different mediums,  So far it's pretty neat that you have been right on point being drawn to the older items, and I don't think you are "lying."  The thread doesn't seem to have that kind of direction at all.

So don't be too upset by the others, our resident skeptics are more good than bad =)

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#47    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,901 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

One word of advice though ... don't take it too seriously .... never take this too seriously :no:

I am being serious here.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#48    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I try to temper my skepticism to how fragile I think the person reporting whatever the experience is may be.  Skepticism is the correct response: a demand, "prove it," is always appropriate, and when they complain about not being believed at face value, I can get pointed in my views.  However, sometimes I feel the person has loose screws; in those cases I stay away and let people with maybe more experience deal with it, as the person may be verging on mental problems.

The fact is we don't see all that much of that sort of thing here.  I have yet to see a first-person abduction story, or a claim to be able to bend spoons.  The ones we get seem more rational and more within the range of what might be credible (well, except for crop circles).  Maybe its because they are more about ghosts, and I love a good ghost story.

#49    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

I am not in the least bothered by the sarcasm I get when I am honest and post about my real experiences. I actually like most of the people here, but I don't think some want to "hear" the honest truth. I also don't expect anyone to believe me fully unless they have experienced something that they can't explain in anyway as well. I know why there are people out there that are afraid to talk about their unexplained experiences because they probably don't want to be made into some joke.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
~ H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature

#50    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,901 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have more than my fair share of the odd and ends of logic or lack of in my experiences, I've seen my fair share too.
I don't take it too seriously ... because I've known from a long time ago I cannot repeat it as and when I want, it drives you crazy, most times it just come out of the blue nowhere. I 'read' and 'feel' with a high degree of accuracy but not realising it, not trying to make it happen.

I've seen people taking things such as these a bit too seriously, they end up a bit strange to say the least.

Take things easy, be comfortable knowing as comfortable as not knowing.

Posted Image

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#51    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Just call a scientist and do tests with him... Thanks for you contribution to science :yes:

#52    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I would rather stay open-minded and "crazy" because I think there are enough close minded people in this world. :tsu: Oh and I know better than to team up with a scientist. Scientists refuse to believe in anything that they can't explain.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

#53    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Well lady buttrfly....shiz happens.  There is little beyond that we can say.

I am a pretty logical guy....I generally join in the crowds of skeptics...I do not liike heresay....I want evidence.

I am....an ugly stepchild.  I have experienced things that I cannot explain...but I have seriously sought logical answers....I have come to terms with being called crazy when I cannot
offer the requested info.....

I remember......I remember some of the most strange and odd scenarios....where people look to me for validation of reality......"Yeah, that did just happen"...

I am not going to offer solace or safety...the universe is weird that way.  It gives and takes away for no appaent reason....

We are not terrible beasts.....we are humans looking to answer questions....no crime there.....but we must reconcile a few things.....who is in charge and why?...who said you were the boss?  I can step away and explore all on my own...but working as a team is clever....

No one is in charge...if you have been sold on that you have invested in a liar....run...run away.  We are not looking for personal power...if you are then you will die soon....we have your info....now **** and go away.....

I love my people....we love life.....we will win over death....We have a guarantee...

want6 to hurt and cause pain....well we have a place for that too.....final fantasy 11 I think....not sure.....you will suffer and pay....wealth loses very soon....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#54    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,431 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postmnbutterfly, on 15 April 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

I would rather stay open-minded and "crazy" because I think there are enough close minded people in this world. :tsu: Oh and I know better than to team up with a scientist. Scientists refuse to believe in anything that they can't explain.
As opposed to accept it?

There was an article about a butterfly can release some kind of fragrance to attract another female butterfly from 1km away. Seems hard to believe but no myth nor super power, it's science.

In your case, you probably touch the old book, feel its heat/smell that you don't consciously know it.

Edited by FlyingAngel, 15 April 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#55    mystic_mind

mystic_mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

LOL I was just being humorous with my sarcasm (hence the smily face icon) since you sounded a little uptight. But really, what sounds like skepticism from people is really just an honest effort to find the truth of the matter. For example...say you feel a funny sensation in your abdomen and you wonder, "oh oh, maybe my gall bladder is acting up" or " maybe it's my appendix" or (heaven forbid) "maybe I have a tumor". Doing home-made tests and self-examinations are not good enuff when what you really need an expert medical opinion from thorough medical examinations. Even your close friends would try to convince you to see a doctor in that case.

That is why (and of course it's completely up to you) you should leave this in the hands of a qualified examiner...like a scientist. A scientist doesn't want to "hide" the truth...au contraire...he just wants to be sure there are no other explanations that are getting in the way. Remember when religion claimed that the sun revolved around the earth? Science wasn't afraid to see the opposite. The same can be said with anything psychic...science would not be afraid of truth...even if it has a psychic element to it. Namely because "psychic energy" would now fall under a specific branch of science...just like quantum physics is a specific branch of science.

Actually us skeptics (well at least me) are really rooting for the first crack at real psychic powers being authenticated. That would really be AWESOME for science and the rest of the world to finally come to terms with something that incredible... instead of forever lurking in "twilight zone".

Anyway, hope that clears things up :)... ciao

#56    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

I am not uptight, offended, upset, anything, just to make that clear. We will have to all agree to disagree on this one. I have seen scientists see evidence they couldn't truly explain, but still try to come up with some theoretical explanation. Not to mention, try to make a mockery of people like me. That isn't the route I want to go down. I am sure that is why others haven't gone through this.

#57    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,431 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

What evidence are you talking about? If there's really an evidence of something unexplained examined by a scientist, it would be on the first page of Youtube.

PS: what you've seen through your eyes is not evidence

#58    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

No, I have seen a few shows on t.v. I don't watch youtube. I have the science channel and a few similar channels. What I have seen with my eyes is evidence to me, maybe not to anyone else. I really don't care too much if anyone believes me and as I posted before I did not come here (to this page) to prove a single thing.

#59    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

mnbuttterfly I understand to what you are saying, I have only ever felt energy from a piece of Volcanic Glass which I bought intramatically to say the least but can't find and can only find black obsidium now :(
But it was a really intense inner burning feeling in my hand, also like it was sinking into my hand.

I also get the euphoria feeling at certain places, talking about certain subjects and even meeting certain people.
But I'm not one to see auras, have had my picture taken with a whopping 3rd eye appearing but other than that bugger knows.

In my life of everything containing; unusual objects that are giving you a vibe was probally something from your pastlife bringing back a nestalgic feeling. Not that, that perticular item is yours but possibly owned similar and had a big impact of that life.

I agree with the others when it comes to the blindfold test. It might narrow it down to a catergory of item that some part of you is telling you is important.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#60    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Thank you Chopmo, that really made my day. I love hearing another person's perspective and really like that you have had an experience similar to mine. Thank you for sharing your experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users