Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery in Puno, Peru:

Karlis

A most extraordinary report from southern Peru, the sudden appearance of an ‘enormous crack opens in the earth’ that measured three kilometers long by 100 meters wide which occurred November 2010 in the Huacullani district in the province of Chucuito in Puno. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DieChecker

• Mac E

• jules99

• ColoradoParanormal

Ducktape will fix it, ducktape fixes EVERYTHING!

Ducktape will fix it, ducktape fixes EVERYTHING!

Exactly!, LOL!

But the thing I thought that if the crack has occurred it means some shifting has taken place of the Earth's plates and if this is true then an earthquake is very likely to have occurred,

maybe it was too small in scale for them to observe,

I can't see any other possibility other than something mysterious if this 3 km long and 100 metres wide was not caused by an earthquake.

What I found interesting was the discovery of the temple at the bottom of the lake that is pre-inca. I find it odd that there was no earthquake to cause the collapse of earth. But if it is as the article states, then it could be due to a build up in Methane where an aquifer once was.

And the gates to the underworld will appear before man and shortly after the dead will walk the earth and wear the skins of other men until no one is left

lol just kidding

The main thing I got out of that is that Female newscasters in Latin American/South

American Countries are WAY hotter than ours...

lol @ Davedini! Freakin' funny man. However, looking at the video, that doesn't look like a "crack" to me. If you notice the ground looks like it was cultivated. If you've ever watched a farmer plow his fields, you'll know what I mean. All the dirt is rounded and looks "peeled" back as when you plow. Pretty strange. Be interested to see what comes about.

Doing a quick search and I'm not finding any "legit" reports of this as of yet. I've found two websites, none of which I'd consider credible, that speak in exact wording of this. More than suspicious. I guess we'll see.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

What I found interesting was the discovery of the temple at the bottom of the lake that is pre-inca. I find it odd that there was no earthquake to cause the collapse of earth. But if it is as the article states, then it could be due to a build up in Methane where an aquifer once was.

Anthing strong enough to cause a crack that size must have left some sismic movement wouldnt it?

Anthing strong enough to cause a crack that size must have left some sismic movement wouldnt it?

From the colapse of ground...yes. But if there was an Earthquake it would have a measurable force to it, which again makes this article fishy as others have stated.

I want to say something witty... I know that there is a good joke in there.

The ground looks tumbled rather then sunken, collapsed or a crack. They mention that the ground has fires coming up and hot stones, so I'd be disposed to go with the natural gas option, or perhaps a coal seam on fire. Perhaps natural gas flowing along with an underground stream built up pressure and spontaneously ignited?

Edited by DieChecker

I want to say something witty... I know that there is a good joke in there.

The words Peru, Crack and Flames and you can't think of anything funny???

The main thing I got out of that is that Female newscasters in Latin American/South

American Countries are WAY hotter than ours...

:tu:

growing earth theory fanatics are going to have a field day :blink:

very odd

growing earth theory fanatics are going to have a field day :blink:

people still believe in that?

Ctulu... I agree!!! This reminds me exactly of the old Lovecraft horror stories of the beast that never dies but only sleeps...