Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ten die from E.coli-infected cucumbers

Persia

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• oly

• FLOMBIE

• Helen of Annoy

The death toll in Germany from an outbreak of E.coli caused by infected cucumbers has risen to at least 10.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13587182

It's serious business, but when I first heard of cucumbers in relation to E.coli (colon bacteria), I had to laugh.

Farmacy needs more money... I'm just afraid it doesnt arrive here! :no:

Farmacy needs more money... I'm just afraid it doesnt arrive here! :no:

More money?? They thrive on diseases, and earn many millions with it.

I read somewhere that the EU wants to ban herbal medicine.

That should get you thinking, eh?

Fk, if I have a headache, I can use the bark of willow ("Salix"/Willow, acetyl salicyl acid) to relieve my pain.

But if I give it to you when you have a headache, I will be a criminal.

But what these sons of .... forget is that most of their successful medicines are based on herbal medicine.

I don't know much about food laws outside the US... But shouldn't these cases be traceable back to a particular supplier/s? I know here when this sort of thing happens, it usually gets traced back fairly quickly.

I don't know much about food laws outside the US... But shouldn't these cases be traceable back to a particular supplier/s? I know here when this sort of thing happens, it usually gets traced back fairly quickly.

Well, they found the bacteria on Spanish cucumbers, so they thought it comes from Spain, and informed everybody to be extremely careful about Spanish cucumbers. Then they found out that those cucumbers are not the source, and that the bacteria might have gotten on it during transportation, or it is a completely different source. As for now, they don't know. It could be vegetables, meat, tab water or even a terrorist attack.

Well, they found the bacteria on Spanish cucumbers, so they thought it comes from Spain, and informed everybody to be extremely careful about Spanish cucumbers. Then they found out that those cucumbers are not the source, and that the bacteria might have gotten on it during transportation, or it is a completely different source. As for now, they don't know. It could be vegetables, meat, tab water or even a terrorist attack.

well crap, they aren't even sure where the source is?

whenever we have a out break of any disease bacterial or Viral it spreads like wildfire thanks to us now living in a Global World. With the free movement of goods and people on a scale which must rank as earths biggest ever migration, being daily. one day it will kill us all.

There has been no report,no prior research, everything has been hasty and poorly made​​. no one expected something like this for the Germans, very bad behavior to another European country and now those who made ​​this .. have to pay.

So who's giving up cucumbers and salad until this clears ?

As I said in another thread related to this, it’s the company that will be first to produce vaccine for this particular strain, they are probably those that engineered it and released it on vegetables or whatever turns out to be the source of infection.

It was proven that live bird flu virus was put into common flu vaccine sold to few East European countries few years ago, but no one was ever charged. So when this story finally comes out, I bet no one will be charged. Holy profit. May they all choke on their literally bloody money.

BTW, herbal medicine must be banned because you can't patent it, so you can't make outrageous profit.

So who's giving up cucumbers and salad until this clears ?

Funny you should post that! I've got a lettuce sitting in my fridge. I had some of it the other day and was as sick as a dog the following morning. Just a coincidence I'm sure but now I'm thinking twice about eating more of it just in case it was that that made be bad :unsure2:

I've been eating salad nearly everyday since my grandma has visited from Germany. I've had some problems like diarrhea :rolleyes:, but I think it's because the alcohol I drink every night. :w00t: Anyhow, I'm not going to eat cucumbers for a while.

I've been eating salad nearly everyday since my grandma has visited from Germany. I've had some problems like diarrhea :rolleyes:, but I think it's because the alcohol I drink every night. :w00t: Anyhow, I'm not going to eat cucumbers for a while.

....... Good to know. :huh:

There has been no report,no prior research, everything has been hasty and poorly made​​. no one expected something like this for the Germans, very bad behavior to another European country and now those who made ​​this .. have to pay.

What do you mean by that? That they just gave out a warning for Spanish vegetables without further researching it? That is not quite true: They did find the bacteria on Spanish cucumber, and only further research showed they are not the source. Indeed, it was hasty to say they might be the source, but it did not really change the situation, and I believe every other country would have reacted like this. Or what did everybody expect for the Germans?

If you like to know more about the research, I suggest visiting the page of the Robert Koch Institut, the federal institute for disease control, who have a worldwide reputation for their good work.

What do you mean by that? That they just gave out a warning for Spanish vegetables without further researching it? That is not quite true: They did find the bacteria on Spanish cucumber, and only further research showed they are not the source. Indeed, it was hasty to say they might be the source, but it did not really change the situation, and I believe every other country would have reacted like this. Or what did everybody expect for the Germans?

Sir ,thank you for info and for your reply . . . I talked to my German friends (who are reporters) on this subject and everyone says the health department of Hamburg was wrong for giving this false story without investigating and without sufficient evidence. in today can not behave like this and they have to pay before the European community justice.

Well, it was most likely for the bacteria to be on the cucumbers, so they told that the press. Should they have waited a couple of more days for further research, even though people were already dying? I know, it looks kinda embarrassing in the aftermath, since you they doomed the wrong source, but I believe it was the right thing to do. And it was also only a "most likely" call, there was nothing definite and also no embargo or any of the kind.

And I still don't get what you mean with you cannot behave like this today (it is done all the time! your video shows Russia banning ALL European vegetables, and hey, we don't know if it's spread through vegetable at all) and what had been expected of Germany.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Sir ,thank you for info and for your reply . . . I talked to my German friends (who are reporters) on this subject and everyone says the health department of Hamburg was wrong for giving this false story without investigating and without sufficient evidence. in today can not behave like this and they have to pay before the European community justice.

What false story?

Bug was on cucumber.

No one said they know how it got there, they are trying to find that out, but there it was. On two out of four samples. (Edit: four samples of suspicious cucumbers, not four in total)

Only an irresponsible moron wouldn't warn people about that.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

I read somewhere that the EU wants to ban herbal medicine.

"The EU directive on herbal medicines, which came into force in the UK at the start of May, could see common and popular remedies removed from shop shelves.

Under the rules, over-the-counter herbal medicine products must be licensed – in the UK they require either a Traditional Herbal Medicines Registration (THR) or a full marketing authorisation. To be eligible for a licence products must have been on the market for 30 years, including 15 within the EU."

Source:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/05/09/fears-that-eu-rules-on-herbal-medicines-may-put-patients-in-danger-91466-28657790/

What false story?

Bug was on cucumber.

No one said they know how it got there, they are trying to find that out, but there it was. On two out of four samples. (Edit: four samples of suspicious cucumbers, not four in total)

Only an irresponsible moron wouldn't warn people about that.

We need to see the confirmation of qualified laboratories.we can not say something like that just because it has come to a false news.we need proof, we need to verify the results of work of microbiologists. this is a very professional job and not something to joke.