Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Lycans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic

#16    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

Well, I was always a little wolfish, I guess that I didn't make the connection until I was about 14.  I did a lot of researching into both old myth and Clinical Lycanthropy, and found that alot of the things spoken about partained to me, with the exception of the transformation.  Of course, this could be because I'm still young, I honestly dont know, Im no expert on the subjuct.  Of course, with clinical Lycanthropy, there were a few symptoms that I was able to say, "Thats not me."

My human friends all say that Im a little dogish too, which I find funny, since they dont know the truth.

#17    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

Does anyone know the truth about you in the real world? How come you're posting here if it's a secret?

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#18    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

Many of my online friends know the truth.  I'm not to big on keeping it a secret, and two of my friends in the real world do know, though I stopped telling anyone when someone took it badly a few years back and refused to speak to me again (we all learn from our mistakes).  However, online (no offense meant in prewarning) I dont really care what you all think of me.  I'll tell it like it is, without fear.

#19    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Do you worry due to your nature you will hurt someone even in an untransformed state?

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#20    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

Not usually.  I do have a tendancy to want to hunt, and that pertains to anything huntable within range.  But I'm easily able to control these urges, and have never attacked anything, except in play.

#21    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

deadtotheworld on Aug 30 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

Well, I was always a little wolfish, I guess that I didn't make the connection until I was about 14.  I did a lot of researching into both old myth and Clinical Lycanthropy, and found that alot of the things spoken about partained to me, with the exception of the transformation.  Of course, this could be because I'm still young, I honestly dont know, Im no expert on the subjuct.  Of course, with clinical Lycanthropy, there were a few symptoms that I was able to say, "Thats not me."

My human friends all say that Im a little dogish too, which I find funny, since they dont know the truth.

Do you chase cars and try to bite the mailman?

#22    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

I just read up on clinical lycanthropy on wikipedia. What makes you think you don't have that?

Also, attacking something in play, and 'controlling' violent urges is worrying to me.

#23    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

I think thats more of a domesticated dog thing.  Cars would be no fun to chase, because what would you do if you caught one?  I tend to prefer live prey.  Not that I've ever given into the urge, human food works for me too.

they say I'm doggish, because I tend to growl at people when angered, and use my nails and teeth in a fight.  I've also been told that I sleep curled up like a dog.
---------------------------------------------------

-would have to go back and look up wiki to give all details-

Well, for one, CL paitents are said to think that they've transformed.  I've had imaginings of such, but I can tell imagination from reality.  It also mentions that CL paitents tend to, uh, have sexual urges, maunly to those of the same gender as them.  and I can assure you that Im completely straight.

By attacking someone in play, I mean tackling and tickling my little brother, or such of that nature.  As I've said, Ive never really hurt anyone. And for controling violent urges, its no concern to me, because it's never been so bad to where I really had to 'control' it.  It's usually just a moments thought, and then it's gone.

Edited by deadtotheworld, 30 August 2008 - 10:49 PM.

#24    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

It'd seemed a good idea to seek a medical opinion, just to rule out Clinical Lycanthropy in your case. Also, with violent urges, no matter how playful, it's only responsible to inform your parents/guardians of them. Someone older should know about your situation. I've found it helps to confide in people, you don't feel so alone. Sure, some won't accept it, but everyone is different. Trust someone. original.gif

Edited: for spelling

Edited by NosmoKing, 30 August 2008 - 10:54 PM.

#25    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

I've concidered CL, still do.  But honestly, I've seen no reason to search for medical help in that case.  I have many close friends online, and quite a few both in RL and online life that are the same as me, so I often confide in them and ask questions when I have them.  Trust me, if I ever thought I was a danger, I'd do what ever it took to stop myself from hurting those around me; but I dont.  Even CL attacks are rare and far between.

#26    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Maybe you see no reason to seek medical help, but perhaps other people do. Have you talked to any adults about this?

#27    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

plenty.  Even a theripast or two, though theres always the 'Customer Confidentiality; thing. I mainly did when I first realized what was going on, and none of them felt that it was anything that I should seek help about.

#28    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

I feel better knowing you've seen someone. Sorry to get so heavy. original.gif

#29    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

Lol, no problem. I understand concerns, especially with all the hype out there about monsters.  Honestly, I think all these legends were mutated by people in order to make the real world seem less scary than it is.  I even talked to someone who claimed to be a vampire online once, and she didn't seem so bad, regardless of all the stories of how our races are supposed to hate each other.

#30    paranormalguy

paranormalguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

I want to let you guys know that the word lycan did in fact come from the film underworld. I already made an extensive post in one of the other many Lycan/Werwolf threads. For the sake of convenience I'll repost it here.

Original Greek - lukanthropos
Modified Greek -  Lycanthropus
Modern English - Lycanthrope

--Lukos-- from "Wolf"
               --Anthropos-- From "Man"

So then in order to be correct lycanthrope would break into --Lyc-- and --anthrope--
"Lyc" being a heavily modified "lukos" for wolf
"Anthrope" being a slightly modified "anthropos" for human

From this we can conclude that the term "Lycan" is ment to be a shorter version of the original...but none the less who ever coined this term was some what un-educated and many in the under ground sub-culter welcome this term and confidently claim it translates to the greek wolf. But it does not. As the "an" in the term "lycan" is actually snipped from the beggining of the greek word man. Which would make this an incorrect term also making the majority of the "lycan" sub-culture look like fools (sorry if I'm too blunt)

{{Trying to simplify it more}}

Wolf---------man
Luk----------anthropos
lyc-----------anthropus

Lukos------Anthropos

So then by logic "Lycanthrope" would correctly break into

Lyc--------anthrope

Yet I don't see any "werewolves" walking around calling themselves lycs. If you're gonna decide to join a sub-culture (or somehow become a werewolf)
than you should at least do some research on your OWN FRIGGIN NAME! It dissapointing if a race can't even correctly identify it's own name. All you guys ever say is "Oh, well teh t3rm Lycan (wihch is wut I is btw) is gr33k 4 the wurd wulf!! That maeks me raelz!!!" Now I may be over generalizing but thats at least 95 percent of the Lycans on the internet. If youre gonna be committed to what ever this is "fantasy" or "lifestyle" at leaast get it right. The fact is before the 2003 release of underworld the term Lycan was not known to be used on any sites or forums on the interweb. And as I stated the term isn't even correct in the way it has been shortened.

Have a Great Life!

Edited by paranormalguy, 31 August 2008 - 06:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users