Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Private Manned Mars Mission Gets 1st Sponsors

mars one sponsors

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

Nice that this is originating from the Netherlands as the European Space Agency has its largest test center located there. NASA has just shown a proof-of-concept that a car sized object can be safely landed as a one-way endeavor. And, let us not forget that the first manned landings on the moon were monumental "reality" events based on an expedited research and development plan. It could happen again.

#17    TheMolePatrol

TheMolePatrol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Um... Moon One anyone? I bet you could get some big American sponsors to fund an ongoing colony on the moon. Dunno about people LIVING there but think of it as an in-and-out like the International Space Station. And return trips would be much more practical. Make it a business? Eventually become a hotel after many capsules have landed?

#18    Mr. Bergstrom

Mr. Bergstrom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Moon One would be more practical I suppose. Whilst a Moon One would be incredible, a Mars One would be mind blowing if it actually happened. You've got to admire the audacity of Mars One. There are a few questions I've got though -

How would the whole thing be broadcasted? I mean at the moment they'd be hard pushed to beam back any live feeds, but things may be different in 10 years. How would they do it though, sending back a live feed? It's fascinating to think of how they could possibly do it.

Would they 'own' the area on Mars in which they colonised? Surely whoever lands there and sets up a permanent base then owns that land? What would happen in this situation? I mean it would be quite a valuable area of land?

The other thing is how are they going to get around the legal issues that will arise if they even get close to pulling this off? It would make for some pretty interesting debates!

I can't imagine how amazing it would be if it all actually happened! and in 11 years time! If NASA announced a manned Mars mission it would have to be in a 10-15 year time frame, maybe NASA will follow suit if Mars One makes big strides in the next 5 years, you never know (yes I know it's wishful thinking!)

#19    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Why do I imagine (if this happens) the 'house-mates' turning on each other and things ending badly, not through equipment malfunction, but just people being isolated with no reason to follow the rules. Who's to stop a few of these 'house-mates' taking charge and calling the shots? Its not like they can be really punished up there...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#20    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 05 September 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Why do I imagine (if this happens) the 'house-mates' turning on each other and things ending badly, not through equipment malfunction, but just people being isolated with no reason to follow the rules. Who's to stop a few of these 'house-mates' taking charge and calling the shots? Its not like they can be really punished up there...

But think of the ratings. Sort of like 'Lord of the Flies', but on Mars.  :tu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#21    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostDKO, on 07 September 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

But think of the ratings. Sort of like 'Lord of the Flies', but on Mars.  :tu:

Would be intense viewing, as long as the house-mates/planet-mates/mars-mates don't pull the plug on the live feed.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Also tagged with mars one, sponsors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users