Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Man's Second Fatal Flaw


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Shadowmalerenamon

Shadowmalerenamon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beautiful Forbidden TwinHills

  • I'm foolish enough to feel worthy on an angel, yet brave enough to love her anyway

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Man needs food to survive, so he takes it from the land. Selfishly, man consumes all he can, depriving his fellow man of the food he also needs. Eventually, the land is bare, and both men will perish, but the weaker will suffer before death overtakes him, while the stronger will be freed by the same death before he suffers his deserved guilt.

"Beatus vir qui, suffert tentationem"-Lilium (2nd verse)

#2    Chauncy

Chauncy

    Quixotic

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Joined:13 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:02 AM

Knight of the Twilight on Nov 21 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

Man needs food to survive, so he takes it from the land. Selfishly, man consumes all he can, depriving his fellow man of the food he also needs. Eventually, the land is bare, and both men will perish, but the weaker will suffer before death overtakes him, while the stronger will be freed by the same death before he suffers his deserved guilt.


I don't really see this as the reality of things.

There was a time when the individual grew their own food. They grew only as much food as they could eat, maybe a little extra to trade for things they needed. Then something happened that caused the individual to have to grow way more food than what they needed.

The food was locked up , it was taken from the individual. The people that banded together and called themselves a kingdom , locked the food up and made people grow alot more food than what they needed, in order to get the food they needed.




As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#3    Max.L

Max.L

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Singapore

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Knight of the Twilight on Nov 22 2008, 02:52 AM, said:

Man needs food to survive, so he takes it from the land. Selfishly, man consumes all he can, depriving his fellow man of the food he also needs. Eventually, the land is bare, and both men will perish, but the weaker will suffer before death overtakes him, while the stronger will be freed by the same death before he suffers his deserved guilt.

Well , draining the land , blame the Americans , they have the most resources consumed per person.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Max.L, 24 November 2008 - 02:21 AM.

Everyone has a right to be stupid but you my friend, are abusing it.

Fallaces Sunt Rerum Species

#4    Shadowmalerenamon

Shadowmalerenamon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beautiful Forbidden TwinHills

  • I'm foolish enough to feel worthy on an angel, yet brave enough to love her anyway

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

Chauncy on Nov 23 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

I don't really see this as the reality of things.

There was a time when the individual grew their own food. They grew only as much food as they could eat, maybe a little extra to trade for things they needed. Then something happened that caused the individual to have to grow way more food than what they needed.

The food was locked up , it was taken from the individual. The people that banded together and called themselves a kingdom , locked the food up and made people grow alot more food than what they needed, in order to get the food they needed.


This does not only apply to food. The food is symbolic

"Beatus vir qui, suffert tentationem"-Lilium (2nd verse)

#5    Mbyte

Mbyte

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland

  • Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

I suppose greed would be a better word here. When one acts greedy they have an insecurity. Greed spreads like wild fire unless your not insecure. All these Flaws are caused by insecurty. Well.. all the results from the "flaws" are caused by insecurty.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

#6    Shadowmalerenamon

Shadowmalerenamon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beautiful Forbidden TwinHills

  • I'm foolish enough to feel worthy on an angel, yet brave enough to love her anyway

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:10 PM

Mbyte on Nov 24 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

I suppose greed would be a better word here. When one acts greedy they have an insecurity. Greed spreads like wild fire unless your not insecure. All these Flaws are caused by insecurty. Well.. all the results from the "flaws" are caused by insecurty.


Perhaps it would be a better word, but since I am going with the symbolism of food, "gluttony" seems to have a deeper impact

"Beatus vir qui, suffert tentationem"-Lilium (2nd verse)

#7    Chauncy

Chauncy

    Quixotic

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Joined:13 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

Knight of the Twilight on Nov 24 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

Perhaps it would be a better word, but since I am going with the symbolism of food, "gluttony" seems to have a deeper impact


I dig what your saying, gluttony has been the fall of individuals. It doesn't seem, though,  to be that which is the demise of our species. I mean, we are still the apex species that flourishes on this planet. If the scenario you set forth were true, we would be extinct, no?

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#8    Saard

Saard

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Woof Woof, I say unto thee, Woof.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:00 AM

Chauncy on Nov 24 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

I dig what your saying, gluttony has been the fall of individuals. It doesn't seem, though, to be that which is the demise of our species. I mean, we are still the apex species that flourishes on this planet. If the scenario you set forth were true, we would be extinct, no?



tick tock tick tock tick...


#9    Karlis

Karlis

  • Member
  • 8,614 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

Chauncy on Nov 25 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

I dig what your saying, gluttony has been the fall of individuals. It doesn't seem, though,  to be that which is the demise of our species. I mean, we are still the apex species that flourishes on this planet. If the scenario you set forth were true, we would be extinct, no?
I don't think I'm getting off-topic Chauncy, but "gluttony" seems to be one of the warnings God gave the Hebrew Tribes, just as they were to enter the Promised Land.

Through the mouth of Moses, God said that when they prospered there, were well-fed and comfortable, they would forget about God and follow the desires of the flesh instead. When that happened, Moses warmed, God would bring destruction upon them. According to Scriptures, that is exactly what happened.

Maybe the past tells about the future? mellow.gif

Just a thought to consider ... cool.gif
Karlis





#10    Shadowmalerenamon

Shadowmalerenamon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beautiful Forbidden TwinHills

  • I'm foolish enough to feel worthy on an angel, yet brave enough to love her anyway

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

Saard on Nov 24 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

tick tock tick tock tick...


Exactly. It is not a matter of whether or not it will happen, but when.

"Beatus vir qui, suffert tentationem"-Lilium (2nd verse)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users