Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beijing to test giant smog pollution vacuum

UM-Bot

A novel new technique for dealing with smog is to be trialled in one of China's largest cities.

Pollution has become increasingly problematic in China in recent years with smog enveloping its largest cities on a regular basis. The level of pollution is now so bad that it can often exceed 300 micrograms per cubic meter for days at a time and wearing a face mask outdoors has become commonplace.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256691/beijing-to-test-giant-smog-pollution-vacuum

• Like 1

Im interested to see if this works

• Like 1

So, basically an air purifier to clear the air in the big cities? Wouldn't it be better not to produce all of that smog and particulates in the first place?

• Like 6

What if it sucked up birds?

• Like 2

So, basically an air purifier to clear the air in the big cities? Wouldn't it be better not to produce all of that smog and particulates in the first place?

Yea, not shat! Don't worry about the root cause. Instead, spend billions to put a band aid on it.

• Like 2

Why don't they just incorporate "smog scrubbers" within the offending power plants.

Expensive, sure, but they have our money anyway, and it would be far more effective.

I'm no engineer, just offering some thoughts.

• Like 1

okay! I got the solution! Everone stick their

vacuum out the window! If nothing else, it would make 'em look more like idiots than most..........Yea! That's the ticket!

Why not tax the hell out of high polluting companies until they can produce without the high level of pollutants they they are now? Seems silly to have a product to vacuum up the smog, instead of determining that companies adopt more modern non polluting methods. It's treating the symptom rather than the cause.

• Like 1

Why not tax the hell out of high polluting companies until they can produce without the high level of pollutants they they are now? Seems silly to have a product to vacuum up the smog, instead of determining that companies adopt more modern non polluting methods. It's treating the symptom rather than the cause.

And who is going to tax China?

• Like 1

And who is going to tax China?

True enough. It's not a "tax", per se, rather more of a financial penalty and in some cases execution.

China's leader's won't ever admit that THEY allowed this problem to exist in the interest of greedy State monies.

Rather, they will just penalize, imprison and chop a few heads-off to deflect the REAL blame(theirselve's)

• Like 1

What if it sucked up birds?

Or people! Hoovers don't discriminate and well, Chinese people are kinda small.

• Like 3

I thought of this years ago. My idea was all the high rise buildings could have large fans at the top with some kind of filtration systems that could clean the air.

I think we should all get together and destroy all sources of the polution. It seems far more effective.

great, now people is aware that there will be someone cleaning up their mess and start to pollute even more

actually, it clears the sky mean all the dust will be drawn toward the ground which probably mean you'll breath in the dust even more. We're humans, not birds :nw:

It sounds about as smart as a science fiction author starting his own religion... But, we all know that worked out fine... -Good luck!

I tihnk it'll be easier to give people gills that filter out the smog.

I wonder how much fossil fuel will need to be burned in order to generate the amount of electricity required to run one of this giant smog vacuum. I'm sure one smog vacuum is not enough to take care of the problem.

• Like 1

I wonder how much fossil fuel will need to be burned in order to generate the amount of electricity required to run one of this giant smog vacuum. I'm sure one smog vacuum is not enough to take care of the problem.

Probably a lot considering the scale of it. I just wish governments were forward thinking and really encouraged renewable clean energy instead of spending trillions on war.