Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Schizophrenic or Psychic?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    J__ki

J__ki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

First off, I want to point out that I'm very new to this site.  And feel the urge to ask people such as yourselves whether I'm mentally ill or have a direct connection with the paranormal.

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder ((mental illness that consists of major depression and psychosis)) around 3 years ago.  But the majority of my "hallucinations" are......demonic, ghostly.

To start this off, I was extremely curious and STUPID in high school.  My friends and I would always go to graveyards very late at night and literally harass spirits to communicate with us--I was the one who always tried to p*** them off / rial them up to get a reaction...and unfortunately, it worked.  My friends and I have seen them, heard them.  We even developed the "tapping game", where I would ask the spirits VERY personal questions, tap on my history book and wait for their yes or no response ((1 tap was a no, 2 was a yes)).  Looking back on this, I am ashamed of myself for upsetting these spirits.  Because now I'm "clinically insane".

The "delusions" I have involve Elizabeth, a spirit I used to talk to in high school.  She used to live in my parents house but now seems to follow me wherever I go.  She has multiple personality disorder and has lived a very frightening life.  How I know this?  My close friend and I played the "tapping game" with her 7 years ago.  And she literally possessed my friend for a few minutes.  She told me ((through my friend)) that her father used to beat her and rape her and eventually drowned her in my parents bath tub on the top floor of the house.  The kitchen ceiling still leaks--even though my parents have tried many times to repair the plumbing and have even REMOVED the tub.

I hear Elizabeth talk in my head constantly and she hates me.  She thinks that I am stupid and worthless and pathetic.  It gets worse, though.  Back 6 years ago when I was 16, 17 years old...when I finally decided to stop irritating and manipulating the paranormal...the paranormal started to bother me.  I saw dark fogs, the hat man, and what I believe to be now a succubus.  The succubus literally STILL enters my dreams.  The dreams consist of a woman raveled in white cloth with wide eyes sucking me dry in my bed, me trying to scream for help / trying to wake up but I can't breath.  My boyfriend has told me that every night I literally convulse in my sleep and stop breathing.

I've seen demons.  Many of them are dark shadows scurrying around the floors, walls, and ceiling laughing at me and mocking me.

These are my "hallucinations".

Please be honest.  Am I sick or is this a spiritual battle?

#2    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Before you question whether it's a spiritual battle, perhaps you should have a psych evaluation. Demons are few and far between so I doubt that it's demon activity but it's possible. You sound coherent but so do people with schizophrenia, at times anyway... Rule that out and go to the doctor to make sure you don't have a medical condition or schizophrenia. Then go from there.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

What your seeing could be a hallucination but I have seen a ghost so I know there is a spirit world.  I think I would start out with a doctor because there are medical conditions that can cause you to hallucinate.  As far as the problems when asleep that could be sleep paralysis.

Welcome to the forum.

#4    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Are you currently on any type of medication?  You said you were diagnosed 3 years ago.  Was this by a qualified individual?  And are you currently undergoing any type of counseling or psychiatric care?

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

My sciatica has been acting up lately and as a result haven't been getting much sleep (I can't lie down).  This has been accompanied by a significant increase in auditory hallucinations where I hear relatives, both alive and dead, pronouncing my name loud enough to startle me, and now sometimes saying other things, usually of an unflattering nature.  Straightening out the cause and effects here with the pain pills and the lack of sleep and the acupuncture as well as deciding which stimuli are real and which are hallucinatory is I think almost impossible.  I was given one pretty clear instruction to use a certain pillow on a certain chair to good benefit, so whether this was my subconscious finding me a way to give me a message or something else, it was appreciated.

Edited by Frank Merton, 14 July 2013 - 01:01 AM.

#6    J__ki

J__ki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostMacsMom, on 14 July 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Are you currently on any type of medication?  You said you were diagnosed 3 years ago.  Was this by a qualified individual?  And are you currently undergoing any type of counseling or psychiatric care?

Yes.  I've been diagnosed schizoaffective by 3 psychiatric doctors now.  And I am on medication.  But I can still see spirits and feel them???  Maybe it is illness it's just strange that a lot of the things I've seen / heard, many others have stated saying they've seen / heard similar things.  I'm really worried I'm suffering from demonic oppression because I literally forget days.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

I wonder if that could be the medication.

I know if I take melatonin I can have the craziest vivid dreams.

#8    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,731 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Sadly I would have to say you just have schizophrenia simply because what you hear in your head from Elizabeth is negative and insulting.  

For some reason schizophrenia  the voices are negative. im sorry

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

Schitzo- subheading issue  ,and pure schizophrenics ,are very different .a true schizophrenic couldn't post a full cohesive thread on a forum.
They live too much inside their own heads for that .

That being said,demons don't come in bunches ,with a succubus and the hatman along for the jaunt .
The minute its multiple entities ,and all kinds of metaphysical bemusments went on beforehand , mental issue or not ,its a bit over exaggerated ,and I am loathe to wonder if its just another troll thread.
I don't want to be rude though .....so ,bunches of demons flying around the room,and a succubus and the hatman were there too,is not real .
I say this as someone who believes in demons. I can see them ,and they dont manifest this way ,at all .
Demons are usually solo ,but can appear in different forms at different times .
Your des gription makes me think of one of those old 1940s cartoons of ghosts and ghoulies all flying around .

Miss me?

#10    J__ki

J__ki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 14 July 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Schitzo- subheading issue  ,and pure schizophrenics ,are very different .a true schizophrenic couldn't post a full cohesive thread on a forum.
They live too much inside their own heads for that .

That being said,demons don't come in bunches ,with a succubus and the hatman along for the jaunt .
The minute its multiple entities ,and all kinds of metaphysical bemusments went on beforehand , mental issue or not ,its a bit over exaggerated ,and I am loathe to wonder if its just another troll thread.
I don't want to be rude though .....so ,bunches of demons flying around the room,and a succubus and the hatman were there too,is not real .
I say this as someone who believes in demons. I can see them ,and they dont manifest this way ,at all .
Demons are usually solo ,but can appear in different forms at different times .
Your des gription makes me think of one of those old 1940s cartoons of ghosts and ghoulies all flying around .

This is not a troll thread.  And I didn't mean I saw them all at once, this is within a span of 8 years.  Sorry you think it is but I believe you were reading my thread entirely out of context.  Still, thank you about the comment on me being coherent.  I am still really upset that I have such a diagnosis so I'm trying to figure out if what I see / hear is just in my head or not.

#11    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostJ__ki, on 13 July 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

First off, I want to point out that I'm very new to this site.  And feel the urge to ask people such as yourselves whether I'm mentally ill or have a direct connection with the paranormal.

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder ((mental illness that consists of major depression and psychosis)) around 3 years ago.  But the majority of my "hallucinations" are......demonic, ghostly.

To start this off, I was extremely curious and STUPID in high school.  My friends and I would always go to graveyards very late at night and literally harass spirits to communicate with us--I was the one who always tried to p*** them off / rial them up to get a reaction...and unfortunately, it worked.  My friends and I have seen them, heard them.  We even developed the "tapping game", where I would ask the spirits VERY personal questions, tap on my history book and wait for their yes or no response ((1 tap was a no, 2 was a yes)).  Looking back on this, I am ashamed of myself for upsetting these spirits.  Because now I'm "clinically insane".

The "delusions" I have involve Elizabeth, a spirit I used to talk to in high school.  She used to live in my parents house but now seems to follow me wherever I go.  She has multiple personality disorder and has lived a very frightening life.  How I know this?  My close friend and I played the "tapping game" with her 7 years ago.  And she literally possessed my friend for a few minutes.  She told me ((through my friend)) that her father used to beat her and rape her and eventually drowned her in my parents bath tub on the top floor of the house.  The kitchen ceiling still leaks--even though my parents have tried many times to repair the plumbing and have even REMOVED the tub.

I hear Elizabeth talk in my head constantly and she hates me.  She thinks that I am stupid and worthless and pathetic.  It gets worse, though.  Back 6 years ago when I was 16, 17 years old...when I finally decided to stop irritating and manipulating the paranormal...the paranormal started to bother me.  I saw dark fogs, the hat man, and what I believe to be now a succubus.  The succubus literally STILL enters my dreams.  The dreams consist of a woman raveled in white cloth with wide eyes sucking me dry in my bed, me trying to scream for help / trying to wake up but I can't breath.  My boyfriend has told me that every night I literally convulse in my sleep and stop breathing.

I've seen demons.  Many of them are dark shadows scurrying around the floors, walls, and ceiling laughing at me and mocking me.

These are my "hallucinations".

Please be honest.  Am I sick or is this a spiritual battle?

Hello J and welcome to the forum.

No one on the forum can give you a diagnosis on your situation (even if someone were to have a degree in mental health or physical medicine) no one on the forum can (or should) from a few lines written understand your situation well enough to tell you differently than the professionals who have been working with you. I hope you understand this is for your protection and well being!

Reading your story about the incidents with Elizabeth I do have an idea that may help you understand who or what Elizabeth may be. Elizabeth claimed that she was a spirit who who died violently in your parents home, if you truly want to know if there is any validity to this you could research it. You know the address of the property and if your parents own the home they have the deed and list of owners will be on the deed. You can then research who these people were at the local court house and library and find out if Elizabeth really did exist.

Even if you did mischief when you were younger (running around in graveyards and such) it has no bearing on your diagnosis. I highly doubt that your diagnosis is because you were a teenager who was into the supernatural. However, I would encourage you to talk to someone about the feelings of remorse you expressed about those youthful follies, someone you trust like your parents or therapist because they will be able to help you put those incidents into perspective.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#12    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think that you need to discuss all this with your doctor.  While you very well may be seeing spirits and demons, some of your visions and anxiety could be caused by your medication.  It also seems as though you carry alot of guilt about your "tormenting" of souls earlier in life.  Perhaps you just need to come to terms with this, forgive yourself, and let it go.  I hope things get better for you as I'm sure this is a very distressing and confusion situation for you.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#13    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Sometimes nasty spirits can upset people who are vulnerable.
I do think you encountered real actual spirits during school pranks, because others witnessed it. Yet I'm not sure about "Elizabeth" being real, or those hallucinations. It seems like these experiences are a product of your illness. Mental illness like schizophrenia and psychosis can make a person feel the paranormal things going on. Maybe it's just that people who are sick are more sensitive to negative energies.
Either way I don't know.
Speak to your doctor about all of this. Do you have a nurse or carer looking out for you?
The meds can sometimes have awful side effects. If you start feeling dehydrated and have panic attacks then it's the meds. Tell your doctor this if the medicine is giving you the symptoms.

#14    Alexanderthefake

Alexanderthefake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I wish people would not turn to a majic pill, especially for depression, anxiety etc. Ive had terrible anxiety when I was younger, couldnt talk to people, or be in damily events. I though very little of myseld, but I  moved, travelled, got in a little sketchy situations, but experience made my life better. Also, music and 3d modelling, something that takes a hugh level of concentration and visualization. Good luck with that . Its never in good taste to torment the dead, even kharma wise. If someone was dancing on my grand  mothers grave I might wish then a punishment worse than death, but maybe not. ;) forgive yourself is a good start.

#15    TheRedMan

TheRedMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostJ__ki, on 14 July 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Yes.  I've been diagnosed schizoaffective by 3 psychiatric doctors now.  And I am on medication.  But I can still see spirits and feel them???  Maybe it is illness it's just strange that a lot of the things I've seen / heard, many others have stated saying they've seen / heard similar things.  I'm really worried I'm suffering from demonic oppression because I literally forget days.

you dont have sckizo nothing friend you are just afraid...forgive your self , work, work hard...and it will all go away....if it doesnt...you are not on your own ...find good ppl and friends, surround your self with good energy it helps more than you can imagine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users