Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs Are Spirits (my evidence)

Alisa

I strongly believe that orbs are spirits. I believe there is a huge difference between orbs and air particulate that shows up in photos. I will present the evidence that I have accumulated that leads me to believe that orbs are spirits. And as always, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation and opinions. I also suggest that anyone truly curious should attempt their own simple experimentation.

1. Looking through a life time of photos I have taken, I did find two or three photos with orbs in them out of the hundreds with no orbs. However, once I began taking photos with the sole intention of capturing orbs, they began appearing in virtually every photo I took, using the same camera I had used for two years previously without a single orb. For me, this was a strong piece of evidence that these entities were responding to my intention and invitation to photograph them.

2. The flipping photos below consist of two photos that I took sequentially. I was not trying to capture an orb moving, I only noticed orbs in both of them and then when viewing them together, realized it showed movement. Particularly notice the bright orb in the middle (that looks like it is smiling in my opinion) and how it moves into the eaves of the house and partially disappears. This to me is good evidence that my orbs are not dust or water. Also note by following certain orbs that they are moving in different directions (so no wind moving particulate).

user posted image

Enlargements of the bright orb above:

user posted imageuser posted image

I will gather more evidence that I have and arrange it for presentation under this topic, but this is a good start.

I also want to add that I cannot find the logic in the argument that is made for camera flashes somehow meaning the orbs that show up are not spirit orbs??? What is spirit material made that it does not require a flash? Is it reflective? Is it transparent? If it is a transparent ball that is often only visible by the reflected light of, say a flash, then perhaps that is why so many orbs show up with flashes.

And could it be that orbs, like spirits and ghosts, materialize and dematerialize and may be photographed at a moment of transition, or appearing in one photo and seconds later are not there? Perhaps they pop in and out of our dimension and also sometimes travel or float about while in either? I believe this is so.

Perhaps some orbs are very bright or colorful in full manifestation and don't require a flash or show up extremely bright with a flash. I have several such photos where I feel orbs are condensing their energy and shooting off either vertically or horizontally and they are virtually white in appearance due to their energy emission. And yet, I could not see these orbs with my naked eye at the time, so what does that mean about the nature of reality and visibility? We can't see xrays or infrared, but they are there and certain equipment can capture pictures of them.

user posted image

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alisa

• jonb

• NME_locus

• Haunted-Earth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a well thought out post like this won't get closed :yes:

Even though you do have very good pictures...I firmly believe that ghosts and spirits don't exist...You have your opinion and I have mine :)

Nice pictures

I believe in alot of things, but "orbs" is not one of them. Dust particles IMO :)

I appreciate your approval, Frogfish, and I agree to disagree with you about spirits and ghosts. You sure jump on each new topic quickly. I thought you'd get here quick, but you surpassed my expectations.

Can anyone provide evidence of orbs being dust/water particles. Your own personal evidence would be better than copying from somewhere else because then you can personally vouch for the evidence, if you know what I mean.

Lol...I have to say you have very good pictures...

I can back a few pieces up on Orbs being dust/water. Working in a photo lab for quite a few years, I have seen some weird things on film that had looked like orbs/residual energies/vortexes that had ended up being dust/water/bad processing.

1) Old cameras and SLRs: If you are using an old point and shoot camera, sometimes dust can get behind the lens, and get thrown around, causing a blurry orb like image on the final print that will not always show up in the whole roll of film or on the photo processing machine, when the negative gets transfered onto printing paper, dust on the slide can be transmitted onto the final photo print. (Photo Processors are supposed to use a dust removing hose before each transferrance); if you're using an SLR, the same can apply. Dust can collect inside the removable lens, happen to land on the front lens or just be floating in front of the lens when the flash goes off.

2) Here is a perfect pic of Dust reflections:

user posted image

user posted image

These were taken at my parents house on Christmas. These are perfect examples on how Dust can easily be considered orbs.

Now water reflections/vapor on the other hand can occur when the flash captures the bits of water when they are in front of a camera. I sadly don't have any examples of those though. Hope this helped.

Edited by TwilightSilver

I have gathered up a bit more evidence for another post...

I have found that if I capture a photo of a human spirit, it is generally accompanied by a large orb somewhere very nearby. I conjecture that this is the spirit's orb. I further conjecture that the orb provides a way for the spirit to condense its energy into a most efficient shape (sphere) for travel and other unknown purposes.

Here is a photo of a spirit man and his orb, probably a farmer that lived in my area which was farmland about 50 years ago. This photo was also taken in my yard.

user posted image<----> user posted image

If you can't see the farmer ghost, I will outline it -- let me know.

Oh, and thanks for the kind comment on my photos, Frogfish (I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming). ;)

Great photos Alisa! I cannot take the view of ALL orbs being "Dust", like some people do. Since most captured dust on film is semi-transparent, the more solid the orb is, the less likely that it is dust. Oh, and I can't really see the farmer..... :( I don't wanna be a pain, but it's hard to pick out....

TwilightSilver, thanks a lot for your photos and explanations! The orb-like anomaly in your first photo looks like a spirit orb to me, while the second does look less like the spirit orbs I have seen. I appreciate your past experience working in a photo lab, and I am thankful for your input. So how do you know that the orb in the first photo is dust?

I definitely believe some orbs are...well...actually orbs.

TwilightSilver, here is the photo of the farmer outlined in yellow...

user posted image<--->user posted image

I had a hard time outlining his left hand that is resting on a satellite dish--too hard to make out, same goes for the rest of him I didn't outline.

And we must have been posting at the same time as I see you did give the criteria you use for determining dust orbs. :)

TwilightSilver, thanks a lot for your photos and explanations! The orb-like anomaly in your first photo looks like a spirit orb to me, while the second does look less like the spirit orbs I have seen. I appreciate your past experience working in a photo lab, and I am thankful for your input. So how do you know that the orb in the first photo is dust?

The funny thing is, that there were a few times in the photo lab where I had double checked the "Slide" (after the photos were finished) which is a transparent piece of plastic that is above the "Flashy thing" (my words for the flasher that projects the image of the negative onto the actual photo paper in the machine) and found dust that wasn't removed by the dust remover. The finished photo had something extremly similar to the first pic I have on here. I cannot be sure though that it IS dust. (Your picture is very similar) I know for sure though that the second is definatly dust. You will very rarely find dust on a picture that is COMPLETELY round.

Thanks for pointing out the man in your pic! :D Did you do any past alterations to the original enhanced version of your picture of the farmer? Around the hat and right arm, there is a noticible outline. Very cool!

Man I can't believe I didn't see the farmer. :wacko:

Yes, TwilightSilver, I did enhance the photo previous to it being outlined it in yellow. Here is the original on the left. It has been enlarged and brightened, but nothing more. I have inserted the enhanced one next to it so you can see what I did.

user posted image<--->user posted image

Wow, those are all great pictures and well thought out arguments you guys have there! I love how people are inputting their opinions maturely without disrespecting other people :tu::)

I know that a lot of orbs are caused by dust etc but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it could be spirits.

Ps. The farmer photo is brilliant.

Edited by bubs_satansreject

I strongly believe that orbs are spirits. I believe there is a huge difference between orbs and air particulate that shows up in photos. I will present the evidence that I have accumulated that leads me to believe that orbs are spirits. And as always, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation and opinions. I also suggest that anyone truly curious should attempt their own simple experimentation.

1. Looking through a life time of photos I have taken, I did find two or three photos with orbs in them out of the hundreds with no orbs. However, once I began taking photos with the sole intention of capturing orbs, they began appearing in virtually every photo I took, using the same camera I had used for two years previously without a single orb. For me, this was a strong piece of evidence that these entities were responding to my intention and invitation to photograph them.

2. The flipping photos below consist of two photos that I took sequentially. I was not trying to capture an orb moving, I only noticed orbs in both of them and then when viewing them together, realized it showed movement. Particularly notice the bright orb in the middle (that looks like it is smiling in my opinion) and how it moves into the eaves of the house and partially disappears. This to me is good evidence that my orbs are not dust or water. Also note by following certain orbs that they are moving in different directions (so no wind moving particulate).

user posted image

Enlargements of the bright orb above:

user posted imageuser posted image

I will gather more evidence that I have and arrange it for presentation under this topic, but this is a good start.

I also want to add that I cannot find the logic in the argument that is made for camera flashes somehow meaning the orbs that show up are not spirit orbs??? What is spirit material made that it does not require a flash? Is it reflective? Is it transparent? If it is a transparent ball that is often only visible by the reflected light of, say a flash, then perhaps that is why so many orbs show up with flashes.

And could it be that orbs, like spirits and ghosts, materialize and dematerialize and may be photographed at a moment of transition, or appearing in one photo and seconds later are not there? Perhaps they pop in and out of our dimension and also sometimes travel or float about while in either? I believe this is so.

Perhaps some orbs are very bright or colorful in full manifestation and don't require a flash or show up extremely bright with a flash. I have several such photos where I feel orbs are condensing their energy and shooting off either vertically or horizontally and they are virtually white in appearance due to their energy emission. And yet, I could not see these orbs with my naked eye at the time, so what does that mean about the nature of reality and visibility? We can't see xrays or infrared, but they are there and certain equipment can capture pictures of them.

user posted image

You have a great argument here. Maybe argument isn't the correct word here, lol. I do agree to an extent with you however. Although most orbs captured on film are indeed dust particles, there are the few that I feel are spirit orbs. Your bright orbs in the photos are a few of them. I don't know about anyone else reading this post, but I swear I can see a mans face in one of them. Great work! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Take care and welcome to the forum. :yes:

Thanks for the great comments Tahari and Bubs. :) I have been really wanting to share my photos with others and really didn't know how to go about doing it. Then I found this forum and read so many interesting, intelligent posts. Everyone has been really insightful and I am relieved to finally have some positive, validating input. But I even appreciate those that don't agree with me in part or whole because they give me an opportunity to think harder about my own position.

I will dig up some more photos to post for tomorrow. Thanks again for all of the comments and points of view.

Wish i have time to do more experiment about orbs cause i know i could explain it.

On my first test, it is a light that travels and captured by camera.

just let me add my picture and walk away...

I dont believe in orbs

its a picture of a horse with an orb looking thing on its head, I took it yesterday, and you can see that it definitely is not a spirit...

just let me add my picture and walk away...

I dont believe in orbs

its a picture of a horse with an orb looking thing on its head, I took it yesterday, and you can see that it definitely is not a spirit...

When I compare the outlined farmer to the original picture...I still can't see it...

It depends on what your brain wants you to see...Some people see it, others don't.

Can anyone provide evidence of orbs being dust/water particles. Your own personal evidence would be better than copying from somewhere else because then you can personally vouch for the evidence, if you know what I mean.

We seem to be getting a few parellel threads on this subject. I've been researching so-called 'orbs' and other photographic anomalies for 14 years now; out of 50,000+ images where I have been deliberately trying to capture 'anomalies', I have less than 20 images that depict a genuine anomaly (if that isn't a contradiction in terms). See various articles on my website

While trying to decide which piece of evidence to present next, I decided to jump in with my favorite, and I think most compelling evidence that orbs are spirits or at least connected to spirits. Below is a palm tree in my backyard. It is the setting for many of my spirit photos because spirits and orbs show up around this tree. I photograph it regularly.

user posted image

For a month I thought this was a great photo of orbs, with a particularly large and intriguing one under the arrow.

Upon closer examination, I noticed a little face above the orb. It looked cartoony, but it seemed to me to be an undeniable face. It was some time later (maybe weeks) that I noticed the main feature of this photo... a very crisp and clear face within the orb.

user posted image

Further closeup of the face. The man has a long face, a long nose, deep-set eyes, a long wavy beard, and he is wearing a tall hat. Note: This photo has only been brightened and enlarged--no other enhancements.

user posted image

There is much more to the story about this particular soul, and more photos of him, but I will have to relay it in another topic about spirits. Meanwhile, I feel that this is a good example of orbs being connected to spirits.

As for the face above the orb, I believe it is a spirit helper. I will elaborate later as the stories unfold.

I still don't see a face...Like I said before, If you are into ghosts, your mind makes you see those...If you are into monsters, etc....

Its the same principle as seeing things in clouds.

If there is a face, it could be made by the wood beams on the fence, as the "orb" are transparent.

user posted image

"we live on an orb--we see through orbs"--

'm alone in lightning--pitch black--

loved all posts--thanks for sharing !!!

spirits everlasting

much love to all

Edited by voltaura