Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Citizens blatanly ignore shutdown of parks

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,759 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

So basically no one is listing even tthougth the signs say to keep out
http://www.buzzfeed....overnments-dema

Check it out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Can not access link.
Why close the sites off anyway? I do not see any of those people causing damage.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,715 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

A country for the people by the people.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,759 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Sorry here it is again

But yeah closing the parks was dumb its just a political move.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Still can not access link, saying too many redirects, maybe my tablet thing.
But anyway, no one has a right to dictate to others about when they can or cannot walk through a park without a good reason, and without being able to access the link, I do not know if the reason is valid.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Good on those folks.

#7    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 October 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

A country for the people by the people.

If only my friend...if only....

P.S. when i worked at intel we only had 8" wafers :P

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Just read the sign, federal government shut down.
NOPE, not valid.
Ditto supervike.

#9    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

governments still seem to fail at realizing people will do what they want when they want and a tiny piece of paper on a fence isnt going to change that, good on these people, political move? indeed and a stupid one IMO

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

And if something were to happen to them while at these parks, I'm quite sure they'd all sue. Cuz that's how we roll. B)

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#11    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostChild of Bast, on 10 October 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

And if something were to happen to them while at these parks, I'm quite sure they'd all sue. Cuz that's how we roll. B)

Not I, i take responsibility for my own actions....we don't all roll that way :tu:

#12    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

A few days ago a tourist fell thirty feet off a local narrow mountain trail in the national park. He was fairly seriously injured and had to be rescued, which isn't unusual around here. It was reported that he could be fined $500 or jailed for six months.

Edited by Michelle, 10 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#13    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 10 October 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Sorry here it is again

But yeah closing the parks was dumb its just a political move.

But-but-but Ninjadud will come on and tell you how everyone is a disrespectful vandal and the parks and monuments must be protected from the people that actually pay to maintain them...you know...those people called taxpayers...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#14    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,734 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

While I resent being told that I am barred from visiting parks that my tax dollars helped fund I am also not fond of the idea of being violently accosted, arrested, tazed or pepper sprayed by police who were also funded by my tax dollars.

When you have a gun pointed in your face you have no choice.

#15    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

I will only say, that the real us government has declared the parks open.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users