Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stanley Chrystal's Nemesis Dead at 33

and-then

Maybe somebody cut his brake lines in his car let the conspiracies began

Bummer!

The good die young, they say. I wonder what sort of an accident it was?

Bummer!

The good die young, they say. I wonder what sort of an accident it was?

Probably the same kind of car accident that kills tens of thousands of Americans each and every year.

• Like 3

Probably the same kind of car accident that kills tens of thousands of Americans each and every year.

I suspect you're correct. In fact it's probably so cut and dried that CT's about it would be ridiculous...but most are, aren't they?

I suspect you're correct. In fact it's probably so cut and dried that CT's about it would be ridiculous...but most are, aren't they?

Well then there's also the notion that killing an author the year after the story broke is kind of pointless, right? Wouldn't it be better to kill him BEFORE the story broke?

• Like 1

Kinda reminds me of the Gary Webb story.

Sometimes, even when delayed, revenge is sweet.

Well then there's also the notion that killing an author the year after the story broke is kind of pointless, right? Wouldn't it be better to kill him BEFORE the story broke?

Just saw the video of the accident over at Infowars. Single car accident, in the middle of the grasscovered median on a boulevard in a residential area. Even before the authorities arrived. They're claiming it's a Mercedes, which it could be. Fully involved in flames. Maybe it hit the nearby tree, maybe it didn't--hard to tell.

It turns out the guy was working on a story about the CIA, and had contacted Wikileaks just an hour before the 'accident.'

• Like 1

Kind of doubtful Mr. Hastings considered himself a rival or nemesis of any of the subjects of his reports. Just doing his job.

Kind of doubtful Mr. Hastings considered himself a rival or nemesis of any of the subjects of his reports. Just doing his job.

I'm sure Stanley McChrystal hated the man's guts. That's how the military mindset works, especially for a career man brought down by a mere still-wet-behind-the-ears punk reporter.

Considering the job he did on McChrystal, there is some measure of probability the CIA was concerned about what he might present in his article about the agency. Again, Gary Webb comes to mind for the way he died after exposing CIA involvment in the LA crack scene.

If that really was a Mercedes, the crash looks very suspicious from the start.

As I inferred... I tend to support the military and did not care for McChrystal's demise in the way it happened but to be brutally honest - he brought it on himself. He should have known better. That lack of judgement at that level of command is most definitely NOT acceptable.

• Like 1

Well I'm not surprised, because i've never hear of either of them .. LOL

Just saw the video of the accident over at Infowars. Single car accident, in the middle of the grasscovered median on a boulevard in a residential area. Even before the authorities arrived. They're claiming it's a Mercedes, which it could be. Fully involved in flames. Maybe it hit the nearby tree, maybe it didn't--hard to tell.

It turns out the guy was working on a story about the CIA, and had contacted Wikileaks just an hour before the 'accident.'

Yea, I not saying they killed the guy, but they have killed others for less. Thats for sure.

• Like 3

Just as a tribute to who was evidently a very brave man (may he RIP):

• Like 2

Michael Hastings Sent Email About FBI Probe Hours Before Death

Hours before dying in a fiery car crash, award-winning journalist Michael Hastings sent an email to his colleagues, warning that federal authorities were interviewing his friends and that he needed to go "off the rada[r]" for a bit. The email was sent around 1 p.m. on Monday, June 17. At 4:20 a.m. the following morning, Hastings died when his Mercedes, traveling at high speeds, smashed into a tree and caught on fire. He was 33.

Hastings sent the email to staff at BuzzFeed, where he was employed, but also blind-copied a friend, Staff Sgt. Joseph Biggs, on the message. Biggs, who Hastings met in 2008 when he was embedded in his unit in Afghanistan, forwarded the email to KTLA, who posted it online on Saturday.

Here's the email, with the recipients' names redacted.

Subject: FBI Investigation, re: NSA

Hey (redacted names) -- the Feds are interviewing my "close friends and associates." Perhaps if the authorities arrive "BuzzFeed GQ," er HQ, may be wise to immediately request legal counsel before any conversations or interviews about our news-gathering practices or related journalism issues.

Also: I'm onto a big story, and need to go off the rada[r] for a bit.

All the best, and hope to see you all soon.

Michael

—snip

http://huff.to/15tXykP

"re: NSA"?

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1