Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

What do you all think of the Ouija Board ?

ouija board spiritual ghosts

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

What do you all think of Ouija Boards? Do you think it's a spiritual tool or just a game where people talk to themselves.

The few people I know who go it to work said they got haunted and had the predictions of the board come true.
It could've all been by chance or maybe there is more to it.

What do you think of the Ouija Board and why ?

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,673 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

I've played with one years ago, and know how it supposedly works, according to science, but it freaks the hell out of me, so I avoid it now.

I think it is just a tool, but that it can be a catalyst for people who are already messed up to get more messed up.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,802 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

When my mum was young, she attended a Hen's night for a friend. As a laugh they pulled out a Ouija Board and eventually asked "will the marriage be happy". The reply -NO! Obvious follow-up question, "why"? The reply - DEATH! Three weeks after the wedding, both husband and wife died in a car crash.

On the other side of the coin, I used a Ouija Board when  I was a teenager, we got a spirit claiming to be Shai'tan residing in the 666th level of hell, nothing ever happened despite its threats.

So make of it what you will. Believers will say my experience was with a mischievous spirit, it's too campy to be legitimate threats, while mum's experience was with a malevolent spirit who really did curse the marriage. I can't disprove this, and since I do believe in a spirit realm I cannot say they're wrong. Of course, non-believers will simply say mum's friend had bad luck. Again I can't disprove it. So as said, make of it what you will.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 17 February 2014 - 04:46 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#4    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

I believe it is harmless.

#5    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I also had a friend who asked about her future love..
and her husband and first born died.
The 2nd marriage she didn't ask or play with the Ouija after that.

Like you said it could be by chance or just something that truly happened because of that..

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,172 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

The board itself is not "evil"

However, the intended use of it can be, and in fact, often is.

Stay away from anything remotely connected to the "occult"

#7    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,032 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

A short history of the Ouija Board.

"No one seems to know just who invented the Ouija board but it may have been Elijah Bond, since his name is on the original patent documents as the inventor.  It may have been Charles Kennard, but regardless of who actually invented the board, he and Kennard Novelty Company patented the ouija board which became very popular at the turn of the twentieth century.  He received the patent on February 10, 1891.  He called the new creation "Ouija" because he claims the board told him that Ouija was Egyptian for "Good Luck." "

http://zohrala.com/ouija/history.htm

#8    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 17 February 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

I also had a friend who asked about her future love..
and her husband and first born died.
The 2nd marriage she didn't ask or play with the Ouija after that.

Like you said it could be by chance or just something that truly happened because of that..

Chance? I humbly disagree. Many people have used Ouija boards and had revelations come true. Thing is, such revelations tend to be negative and people end up either Demon-oppressed, cursed or dead. Not to be rude but... are you serious about that couple that died in the car crash?

Ouija boards have a bad reputation for a reason. When used we're basically giving an evil spirit the legal right in the spirit-realm to curse, haunt and, or oppress us.

Edited to add, as I'd forgotten about this, but my father claims to have used an Ouija board once with his brother's when they were children or teenager's.

Think all they asked was for a spirit to reveal itself by Ouija board. And it did.

Anyway, he said the night they used it, one of their bunk-bed's began to shake violently as they all ran as quickly as they could to get out of the room, pushing and shoving to get out of the door. Apparently nothing happened after that. He recall's spending the night in the same room without any problem.

The next day however, he'd later go on to find out through family that the bloke next door had passed away two day's prior to them having used the board.

Still creeps me out to this day.

Edited by Insaniac, 17 February 2014 - 05:24 AM.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#9    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

View Postpallidin, on 17 February 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

The board itself is not "evil"

However, the intended use of it can be, and in fact, often is.

Stay away from anything remotely connected to the "occult"

My sentiments, too.  Intention is everything.  Don't use it will ill intentions.

Go into it with a light heart and positive attitude.

Like anything with life, it's all about the approach.

#10    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,802 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 17 February 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

. Not to be rude but... are you serious about that couple that died in the car crash?
I was relating a story my mum told me. I wasn't even born when the events actually happened, but I have no reason to think mum would lie. If she did lie it would be the only time in her life she ever did, heck she even told me Santa was fake. So while I can't empirically know the couple died in a crash, I have testimony from a reliable witness that such a thing did happen.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 17 February 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#11    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

My magic eight ball predicted the sex of my niece's first kid

#12    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:26 AM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 17 February 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

My magic eight ball predicted the sex of my niece's first kid

Revealing the future =/= predicting an event.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#13    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,142 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

I just can't take seriously what's advertised as a game that's mass-produced by Hasbro somewhere in New Jersey. My friends and I played with it as kids and besides deliciously spooking ourselves out, nothing ever happened. We were prepared to be scared, but since nothing even remotely scary occurred, we got tired of it and went back to playing cards and riding our bikes.

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,673 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostAwake2Chaos, on 17 February 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

My sentiments, too.  Intention is everything.  Don't use it will ill intentions.

Go into it with a light heart and positive attitude.

Like anything with life, it's all about the approach.

Depends on if Everyone is doing so. Since it is not possible to seriously know another person's intentions, I think it best to avoid.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

i am a complete skeptic, so i think a ouija board is in most cases, a piece of wood. or cardboard. you know, depending on the construction.

i know that people have all sorts of stories about things they've experienced, and I don't think those people are lying. but i know from my own life how easy it is to influence your own memories, and to give minor incidents meaning that they may not have actually possessed. the mind is incredibly easy to fool.

i would say that there are some people who shouldn't use them, but for different reasons than most mentioned. when i was a kid, i was very imaginative and very easily frightened, and i could have easily terrified myself with this sort of thing.

also, my own experience: the one time i tried a ouija board, as an adult, nothing happened. like, we didn't even spell any words. unless you think "lvkspts" is a word.

Also tagged with ouija board, spiritual, ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users