Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Super Moon cause widespread disaster

mgessel

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spacelover

• ShadowSot

• ColoradoParanormal

• Setton

The moon is moving away from Earth so ummmmmmm :unsure:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/sc_space/willmarch19supermoontriggernaturaldisasters apparently the moon is gonna come too close to the earth and cause widespread catastrophic damage to the planet

the article says

"On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years"

so, it's not the closest it's ever been just that it's closest it's been in 18 years. did we have cataclysmic damage 18 years ago? uh, :no: no we didn't...hmmm

i never said that i agreed to what it was saying I just thought it would be an interesting discussion topic :mellow:

Nope, total disaster isn't going to happen just because the moon's at perigee.

From the article:

A lot of studies have been done on this kind of thing by USGS scientists and others," John Bellini, a geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey, told Life's Little Mysteries. "They haven't found anything significant at all."

I'm putting my money on the U.S. Geological Survey verses the Astrologers being correct here.

So, is the moon, getting close to us? Or just drifting away.

Both. :tu:
The moon’s orbit is not in the plane of the ecliptic and because of the elliptical nature of the moon’s orbit, it is not always the same distance from the earth. Read more

Seriously luan. There's been quite a few different "major" earthquakes within the past week, of at least a 7.0 magnitude. Seismic activity is heightening. However, I don't believe it has to do with this.

On the whole the moon is getting further away but, Im assuming, because of its eliptical orbit around the Earth, its distance from the Earth fluctuates. 18yrs ago the US experienced what is now known as the '93 Superstorm affecting 40% of the country from Canada to Central America. It was unprecidented in the history of the country. The Moon? I dont know.

Seriously luan. There's been quite a few different "major" earthquakes within the past week, of at least a 7.0 magnitude. Seismic activity is heightening. However, I don't believe it has to do with this.

As per the bolded, to be related, the said earthquakes have to occur around 19th of March.

EXTREME SUPERMOON!

I smell a new blockbuster disaster movie in the making.

2012 eat your heart out.

EXTREME SUPERMOON!

I smell a new blockbuster disaster movie in the making.

2012 eat your heart out.

haha that's good.

As per the bolded, to be related, the said earthquakes have to occur around 19th of March.

Right, I'm not sure if I'm reading your reply correctly or not, but I was stating I don't believe the things happening right now to be related at all.

Quick, let's all bury our heads in the sand... An 'Astrologer' is predicting this....

Edit: (To quote the article - "And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.")

ONE Astrologer has never been wrong before, have they?

Edited by Automaton

ColoradoParanormal this is not happen first time there was some events which you may connect to closer position of the Moon , big flood 1938, 1955, cyclone Tracy 1974, hurricane Katrina 2005.

This is nothing Paranormal is just a Physics.

Did I speak a different language?? :hmm: At the end of my post it said "I DON'T BELIEVE THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC." Meaning, I don't believe the events taking place across the globe have anything to do with this story. And I'll be clear about story, just in case that gets misinterpreted as well. By story, I mean the Original Posters Topic of the Moon in Perigree. :)

(just FYI- I'm not being rude here, just don't want people to keep incorrectly quote me or misunderstand what I was saying)

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

Being "full" affects in a different way than if it was in any other possible state?

I thought only its mass and distance from earth was important to the equation here...

Edited by Francisco Fidalgo

well japan did get a taste of a great earthquake

well japan did get a taste of a great earthquake

But it is not tied to the moons proximity to the earth. Read the scientific info, rather than the astrological speculation.

But it is not tied to the moons proximity to the earth. Read the scientific info, rather than the astrological speculation.

Maybe what happened to Japan has no relation to the proximity of moon.... but we cannot deny the fact that the gravity of the moon has a great impact to our world and its not a matter of Astrology or a fairytale like you want to say.

The tides that mostly link to the distance of the moon can cause movement to the sea floor and may cause earthquakes.

...and on March 19th, the Lycan will rise to take power over humanity. So it has been written. Just now. Just a few sentances ago...