Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sasquatch or god?

educated cAVEmAN

why is it that people are so willing to beleive in god but have a hard time beleivin in our big friend the sasquatch?

if u think about it almost every culture has its religion and almost every culture has its version of sasquatch (yeti, big foot, skunk ape, yowie and the northern abominable snowman...and there are others) the diference between the 2 is that in every culture religious beleifs change...but the sasquatch story remains the same...

ps. i beleive the abominable snowman is a sasquatch as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• educated cAVEmAN

• Canadian Rottweiler

• Elfstone810

• Shai_Hulud

No, what's hard to believe is that people will believe in evolution but not in big foot. I mean, big foot would be an evolutionary "missing link" right? I personally believe in God and big foot but it trips me ot that those who believe in evolution but not in big foot. It would seem logical, but I guess not.

ya...im not saying people shouldnt beleive in god...im just saying its crazy that more people are willing to beleive in god than are willing to beleive in sasquatches...and yeah, evolutionists who dont beleive in sasquatch are crazy as well...crazy world we live in rofl.gif

God requires an element of faith, it is religion. Noone requires you to believe in God based on science. Evolution is based on scientific evidence, there are enough fossil evidence to proof that Evolution is a sound SCientific theory. Bigfoot requires ppl to believe in it based on Scientific evidence, no Scientific evidence supports bigfoot. Do you really want to believe in Bigfoot based on faith?

The "war" between science and religion will never end.It's inevitable.I go by science,cause i like to know facts,and science interests me.I don't like religion,because everything is unsure with maybe's and if's.I just prefer science grin2.gif

i beleive in bigfoot because of sightings, and facts...i beleive in evolution because of facts...

427187[/snapback]

That's right,cryptozoology and the paranormal is based on proving it is real,with facts.It's cool to see that we have the same outlook on this grin2.gif

Who knows bigfoot could have been made up or possibly real, but god could have been made up too, all things have to start somehow, there has to be a beginning, just somethings end up being real because of evolution, i also would take the scientific way instead of the religious gossip...

i beleive in bigfoot because of sightings, and facts...i beleive in evolution because of facts...

But the problem is that the sightings are not proven to be real! I would like to believe in the Bigfoot but i've got to say there isn't really good evidence. Tooo many fakers angry.gif .

But the problem is that the sightings are not proven to be real! I would like to believe in the Bigfoot but i've got to say there isn't really good evidence. Tooo many fakers angry.gif .

427199[/snapback]

Yeah,there is a lot of fakes,but i am STRONGLY interested in cryptozoology,therefor,i like wondering about these creatures.Also,another big question...What if the bible was made up?Maybe by a good author.Where is proof that this actually happened?There isn't any.At least with cryptos,there may be evidence of their existence from some pics that are still unclassified...

people have new bibles coming out every day, yet they claim that they came from some old scripture or newly found scroll, but these bibles are written just like a series of books they only differ in a few ways and there is no way to prove that any of this happened like you said, but there is evidence that there are possible that alot of the cryptos exist, probably not all of them because some people take a sighting of one and make a fake for something they didn't even see, you'd be more likely to see a crypto than god...

people have new bibles coming out every day, yet they claim that they came from some old scripture or newly found scroll, but these bibles are written just like a series of books they only differ in a few ways and there is no way to prove that any of this happened like you said, but there is evidence that there are possible that alot of the cryptos exist, probably not all of them because some people take a sighting of one and make a fake for something they didn't even see, you'd be more likely to see a crypto than god...

427213[/snapback]

Agreed grin2.gif

i find the bible hard to beleive because it is a book and there is no proof...for all we know the bible could have been writtin as a story, its like if civilization as we know it was wiped out and in the future races found something like the lord of the rings they would probably either think WE beleived in it (we as in primitive races) or they woul think it was scriptures of a god... cryptozoology has proof behind it and i like that...even though there isnt alot of proof...

The Bible is made up! Its written by many ppl that is why certain parts of the New Testament contradicts itselves. Btw there the Bible as we know it was compiled by the council of Nicene by the Catholic chuch from different letters and Gospels. They chose the parts they like. I can't be 100% sure about my info but that was the main gist of it. WEll the problem is there is less Scientific evidence for God than Bigfoot but for Chrissake its a Religion!!! Its nonscientific!

Hmmm im thinking Divine miracles doesn't indicate the Christian God. Maybe its Krishna! Or Allah! Just like if we encountered a hairy beast in the middle of nowhere we can't really call her Bigfoot, could really be the Yowie.

Yeah,basically,there is much more proof of cryptos rather than religion stuff like god.Scientific stuff is just so much clearer,makes more sense,and is enjoyable grin2.gif

Personally, I believe in God. It's just a matter of how I interpret things that have happened in my life. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I believe everything in the Bible is literally true or that any one organized religion is absolutely right in their interpretation. I think you have to sift through it for wisdom and remember that it was written by human beings and humans are fallable. It's always amazed me how often throughout history people have used the Bible as a justification for killing people when the one part of the Bible that is supposed to have been actually written *by* God is the Ten Commandments, and one of them says explicity, "thou shalt not kill"! It doesn't say, "thou shalt not kill unless . . ."

Sorry. Off my soap box. <g>

I don't know about Bigfoot. I'll be glad to believe in him as long as he stays well away and leaves me alone. wink2.gif

That's also a common view to believe in god,and not much else,and questioning the bible.I think the bible is just a story made up by a good author,even though i have never read the bible,as it seems to boring...

laugh.gif I completely agree! I've tried reading the Bible, just so I'd know what my friends are jabbering about when we get into a religion conversation. I stopped after the first few pages. Too many Thy's, and from what I saw, too much inbreeding.

And about the evolution vs. religion thing, I don't know what to believe. Right now, I'm more of an evolutionist who believes that every God and Goddess might exist. But I'm still researching, still changing my mind, still developing my opinion on all of this.

why is it that people are so willing to beleive in god but have a hard time beleivin in our big friend the sasquatch?

Not me, I beleive in Bigfoot but have a hard time beleiving in gods

I mean, big foot would be an evolutionary "missing link" right?

Not necessarily, most experts beleive that its a member of the Gigantopithicas line, and so a closer relation to Orangotauns rather than humans. We wont know what ape line he's a part of until we find one.

Personally, I believe in God.  It's just a matter of how I interpret things that have happened in my life.  But that doesn't necessarily mean that I believe everything in the Bible is literally true or that any one organized religion is absolutely right in their interpretation.  I think you have to sift through it for wisdom and remember that it was written by human beings and humans are fallable.  It's always amazed me how often throughout history people have used the Bible as a justification for killing people when the one part of the Bible that is supposed to have been actually written *by* God is the Ten Commandments, and one of them says explicity, "thou shalt  not kill"!  It doesn't say, "thou shalt not kill unless . . ."

Sorry.  Off my soap box. <g>

I don't know about Bigfoot.  I'll be glad to believe in him as long as he stays well away and leaves me alone. wink2.gif

427253[/snapback]

I agree mostly with this statement, which is nicely put. original.gif Science is a newer more western thought, and is based on assumptions. I mean, science is based on testing theories, and by doing such tests, you try and produce a statistically satifactory conclusion. The problem is them with everything in scinece, nothing is a proven fact, it's all just based on statistics. There is still a remote chance that every expirement ever done is wrong. The chances are insanely small, but they are still there. So in the end, science is based on assuming that staticaly significant occurances are abosultely true, when in fact they have never been proven to be 100% true. Not to bash scinec or anything, I'm just pointing out that science has it's flaws like people's interpretations of religion do. Like Elfstone810 said, people kill in the name of religion and do a lot of other things in religion's name, yet the actual religious teachings are against what they are doing. Religion has become way too divided, cuase basically all religions are saying the same thing. Diffirent people are saying the same thing in different ways. Not to bash anyone's religious preference, I'm just saying that people of different religions have a lot more in common than most people would think. So as for me, I belive in God because I have faith in my beliefs, and I beieve a lot of things in science based on my faith in it. Religion is based on faith in things not seen, science is based on faith in statistics. No matter how you look at it, you need faith believe in both.

So in the end, science is based on assuming that staticaly significant occurances are abosultely true

That assuming is almost impossible to debunk. It is as good as 100% real. And if it isn't we try again and get another step closer. Thus working out some minor flaws.

I'm just pointing out that science has it's flaws like people's interpretations of religion do.

But religion has so much more flaws. Science is much clearer, with facts and proof.

I'm just saying that people of different religions have a lot more in common than most people would think.

Then why does every war involve religion?

The "war" between science and religion will never end. It's inevitable. I go by science, cause i like to know facts, and science interests me. I don't like religion, because everything is unsure with maybe's and if's.

427186[/snapback]

the whole 'war' between science and religion is ridiculous. neither should be opposed to the other. the only times science and religion clash is when some person is trying to accept one, but not the other. it seems to me that you cant do well with science if you dont have religion and you cant do well with religion without science. its like having only half a pair of glasses; you need both halves to see clearly. thats how it seems to me. original.gif

That is because most religious people are to stubborn to accept science (evolution theory).

And People who believe in the evolution theory are wandering ''why religion'' because how can you know which religion is good and which isn't.

I even once was send out of class because our teacher said that I couldn't be happy because I didn't believe in God.

Then I said ''There are more then 100 religions, how can you know that you have the right one''.

And I was send out of class.

But the best (also saddest part) was that his wife died of cancer, I then thought ''really and who is now happy''. But nevertheless I still condolated him.

Edited by Dezmond

Religious people don't belive the evolution theory because when we look at it, we see the faults in it, much like when people who believe in evolution look at religion and see the faults in it. Religious people have faith in their religion, and non-believers think that religious people are crazy because they don't see how religion answers anything. The only reason why they don't see how religion answers anything is because they don't have faith in any religion. God only makes Himself evident to those who believe in Him. I believe in Him because He has made Himself evident in my life. See the cycle there? belief=evidence=belief.