Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Channeling energy


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,160 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostBeany, on 23 February 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

OK, now I'm going to have to look up five petal qigong. Learning some kind of energy modality is a good idea.

All I found on the net was  some wing chung stuff, which is coincidental, because I just recently watch the movie Yip Man. Weren't most of the martial arts originally conceived as spiritual practices rather than combat techniques?
Probably at the same time. Wing chun was created by a nun to be able to fight against men. Monks are credited with creating most martial arts. But in reality it probably evolved as a family thing first. ----here son, this is how you. Defeat bad guys when they come to our village--- then after a while specific methods became institutionalize.  You are not going to be able to learn five pedal unless you know very specific people. Si fu chong really only teaches those close to him or other martial arts masters. I have donated my school to his teachers and  and liniage before when they needed a place to train and i have trained with him becaues of my connections and letting his students use my school, but not nearly enough. Like I said its a long drive to Sacramento. I was going to go with him and a group to train at a temple in Thailand for a month. Just qi gong, but swinging with the wife was a no go.  I am fairly close with the family he is going to pass it to. Infact the heirs to the system are close friends. SI Fu is getting older, I probably missed the boat on it. Besides that mastering wing chun and  bak mei is sort of part of the cariculum. I simply haven't had the time and like I said its a long drive. The style requires a ton of training...... It's not like your corner martial arts school it's the real deal. I'm only 35 I have only been alive long enough to master one set of methods ( but mixed in with a lot of modern fighting). This conversation is motivating me though. The family I mentioned is close enough. Part of the problem is me, in the past I have found wing chun terribly boring, but I am older now maybe I can appreciate it more. Then the benefit of continuing qi gong. Still... It's nearly impossible for me to change my habits as a martial artist, there is no way I could revert to their fighting methods. The way they stand, the way the hold themselves is very foreign and difficult for me. It could only be an augmentation to what I already do.


There are other forms of qi gong you might be able to find in your area.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 24 February 2014 - 02:34 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#17    Beany

Beany

    Poltergeist

  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

  • If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

There's a sensei in the small town I live in, who takes students, but requires observation only for at least the first 2 years. He practices some kind of martial arts where he can put a man down by holding on to one of his fingers, or 2 big men at the same time, even though he's not much over 5 feet tall. He sometimes give demonstrations at our local obon festival.


#18    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,160 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostBeany, on 24 February 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

There's a sensei in the small town I live in, who takes students, but requires observation only for at least the first 2 years. He practices some kind of martial arts where he can put a man down by holding on to one of his fingers, or 2 big men at the same time, even though he's not much over 5 feet tall. He sometimes give demonstrations at our local obon festival.
The stuff is usually bunk beany. I would not get involved with a man like that. He is practicing a form of indoctrination. He will only "hold down" his own students. It's more like sideshow hypnosis, of you stick around for two years doing nothing, then you are the type to follow his lead with these "demonstrations". be careful there is some very hokey stuff out there.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#19    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • 11,867 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 24 February 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Probably at the same time. Wing chun was created by a nun to be able to fight against men. Monks are credited with creating most martial arts. But in reality it probably evolved as a family thing first. ----here son, this is how you. Defeat bad guys when they come to our village--- then after a while specific methods became institutionalize.  You are not going to be able to learn five pedal unless you know very specific people. Si fu chong really only teaches those close to him or other martial arts masters. I have donated my school to his teachers and  and liniage before when they needed a place to train and i have trained with him becaues of my connections and letting his students use my school, but not nearly enough. Like I said its a long drive to Sacramento. I was going to go with him and a group to train at a temple in Thailand for a month. Just qi gong, but swinging with the wife was a no go.  I am fairly close with the family he is going to pass it to. Infact the heirs to the system are close friends. SI Fu is getting older, I probably missed the boat on it. Besides that mastering wing chun and  bak mei is sort of part of the cariculum. I simply haven't had the time and like I said its a long drive. The style requires a ton of training...... It's not like your corner martial arts school it's the real deal. I'm only 35 I have only been alive long enough to master one set of methods ( but mixed in with a lot of modern fighting). This conversation is motivating me though. The family I mentioned is close enough. Part of the problem is me, in the past I have found wing chun terribly boring, but I am older now maybe I can appreciate it more. Then the benefit of continuing qi gong. Still... It's nearly impossible for me to change my habits as a martial artist, there is no way I could revert to their fighting methods. The way they stand, the way the hold themselves is very foreign and difficult for me. It could only be an augmentation to what I already do.

That was fascinating to read about.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#20    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • 11,867 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 24 February 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

The stuff is usually bunk beany. I would not get involved with a man like that. He is practicing a form of indoctrination. He will only "hold down" his own students. It's more like sideshow hypnosis, of you stick around for two years doing nothing, then you are the type to follow his lead with these "demonstrations". be careful there is some very hokey stuff out there.

Agrees, it does sound like a typical indoctrination type method...And yes some of the showmanship of gi gong type supernatural feats you do have to be careful of. Not saying they are not possible, but it's knowing who is really working with energy and who is working with smoke and mirrors.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#21    emberdawn

emberdawn

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined:24 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

How do you make it stop?


#22    Beany

Beany

    Poltergeist

  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

  • If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 24 February 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

The stuff is usually bunk beany. I would not get involved with a man like that. He is practicing a form of indoctrination. He will only "hold down" his own students. It's more like sideshow hypnosis, of you stick around for two years doing nothing, then you are the type to follow his lead with these "demonstrations". be careful there is some very hokey stuff out there.

He has a lot of respect from the elders at the Buddhist temple. I'm a 64 year old grandma, not likely to engage in martial arts training anyway. Plus I always follow my own instincts, which makes me a very bad student & follower. It seems I can get with the program for a limited time, then my skepticism & critical thinking kicks in, and when that happens I wander out of my place in the hierarchy, which drives most teachers crazy. I've never been good at staying in the place other people have put me in. My very first bumper sticker said Question Authority, I guess that says it all.

Edited by Beany, 25 February 2014 - 02:24 AM.


#23    Beany

Beany

    Poltergeist

  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

  • If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

View Postemberdawn, on 24 February 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

How do you make it stop?

Are you asking how to stop or slow down the energy flow? If so, I close down my crown chakra, so it's no bigger than 3" in diameter. That usually works for most people. It's easy to do, happy to describe the process. It takes just a few minutes, and once you've done it a few times, it gets easier.


#24    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostBeany, on 23 February 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

OK, now I'm going to have to look up five petal qigong. Learning some kind of energy modality is a good idea.

All I found on the net was  some wing chung stuff, which is coincidental, because I just recently watch the movie Yip Man. Weren't most of the martial arts originally conceived as spiritual practices rather than combat techniques?

Only the true originals most likely. Overtime many different styles emerged for Self Defense, Combat, Sports, and Spirituality.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users