Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

north korea's 'pre emptive' strike against US

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

The best way to defeat one's enemies is to befriend them

History begs to differ. Don't get me wrong. This method is surely the nicer, better way of "defeating" ones enemies and should be tried first. But sometimes decisive action is needed to keep your people safe. Nazi Germany wasnt defeated by "befriending" them afterall...it was defeated by brave men (and women) who fought and died to defeat one of the most evil regimes in history. What tends to defeat one's enemies are brave men (and women) willing to go out and fight (and sometimes die) so that others may live free.

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 08 March 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#92    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,959 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's hard to imagine it happening, but North Korea really could attack Seoul, and no doubt kill a lot of people and do a lot of harm before they were repulsed.  I would be surprised if nuclear weapons played a role -- I don't think they really have any that would work in a field situation -- but they have a huge army and a lot of regular weapons that still kill people.

What a tragedy; Seoul is one of the jewels of the world.

#93    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

The pre emptive strike will come from the rogue nation of North Carolina...  ;)     We just have to "live with it"....

Fast Forward the video to 16:00

#94    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 08 March 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

History begs to differ. Don't get me wrong. This method is surely the nicer, better way of "defeating" ones enemies and should be tried first. But sometimes decisive action is needed to keep your people safe. Nazi Germany wasnt defeated by "befriending" them afterall...it was defeated by brave men (and women) who fought and died to defeat one of the most evil regimes in history. What tends to defeat one's enemies are brave men (and women) willing to go out and fight (and sometimes die) so that others may live free.
I couldn't agree more, hitler promised the Soviet Union, or was it France? Anyway he promised them he wouldn't attack them and even said they were going to help them so they signed a peace treaty. The next day he brings the nazis in  and bombs the poor country then takes it over. Sometimes negotiation just doesn't work out.

#95    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 March 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

It's hard to imagine it happening, but North Korea really could attack Seoul, and no doubt kill a lot of people and do a lot of harm before they were repulsed.  I would be surprised if nuclear weapons played a role -- I don't think they really have any that would work in a field situation -- but they have a huge army and a lot of regular weapons that still kill people.

What a tragedy; Seoul is one of the jewels of the world.

The danger is what the Chinese would do if the US invades North Korea following the strike.

#96    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 08 March 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

North Korea would be an foolish to use nuclear weapon on U.S due to mutual assured destruction. It would involve them being completely wiped out with two well placed nuclear missiles, the stranglers that get away would be hunted down by south korea.

I don't think nukes would be used. North Korea could be dealt with using conventional weapons. Plus you don't want to p*** off other nations with all the fallout.

View PostHimawari69, on 08 March 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

I couldn't agree more, hitler promised the Soviet Union, or was it France? Anyway he promised them he wouldn't attack them and even said they were going to help them so they signed a peace treaty. The next day he brings the nazis in  and bombs the poor country then takes it over. Sometimes negotiation just doesn't work out.

You're likely thinking of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between Germany and the Soviet Union where they agreed to divide Poland between them and had a non-aggression pact where each would respect their sphere of influence. Stalin believed that Hitler would keep to his word and when Operation Barbarossa hit they Soviets were completely unprepared.

View PostMr Right Wing, on 08 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

The danger is what the Chinese would do if the US invades North Korea following the strike.

I actually think that the Chinese would beat the US to the punch. March in, put someone a bit more sane in power, and force them to accept peace terms from South Korea and the US.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#97    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostCorp, on 08 March 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

I don't think nukes would be used. North Korea could be dealt with using conventional weapons. Plus you don't want to p*** off other nations with all the fallout.

You're likely thinking of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between Germany and the Soviet Union where they agreed to divide Poland between them and had a non-aggression pact where each would respect their sphere of influence. Stalin believed that Hitler would keep to his word and when Operation Barbarossa hit they Soviets were completely unprepared.

I actually think that the Chinese would beat the US to the punch. March in, put someone a bit more sane in power, and force them to accept peace terms from South Korea and the US.
yeah that's what I meant :)

#98    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,890 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Can't we just send Rodman back with a secretly, body implanted C4 explosive, and wait 'till he gives the leader a nice "hug"

"Remote control BOOM"

Just kidding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users