Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do trolls exist?

eley

And no i dont mean internet ones.. i mean the big green ones that are supposed to be under bridges

Has there ever been a shred of evidence for them or are they all just myth and hear say

• Like 1

Only on the internet, in video games and some old tales maybe. They are not real.

I would guess that the origin of the troll under the bridge was a story for parents to tell their kids to keep them from playing in a dangerous place.

• Like 3

Remember this

• Like 2

Hopefully this answers your question....

hillary-clinton-winking-550x367.jpg

• Like 5

And no i dont mean internet ones.. i mean the big green ones that are supposed to be under bridges

Has there ever been a shred of evidence for them or are they all just myth and hear say

Yeah come meet my sister.

• Like 2

May I ask why you ask? You must think there is a possibility. Why trolls?

Wee folk trolls? Not too sure about that. But there have been some pretty trollish humans that have lived under bridges.

I think the living under bridges stems from the fairy tale The Three Billy Goats Gruff and not from Norse or Scandinavian folklore.

In Scandinavian folklore they were beings or people that lived away from usual human habitation, were not Christianized and considered dangerous. Depending on the region, their description may be ugly giants, slow-witted and dumb to being almost exactly like people in appearance and behavior, even having a social organization. Some folklore say they can't tolerate sunlight and some even say they will turn to stone in sunlight.

There is a Norwegian film by the title Trollhunter or Trolljegeren that does a fairly good job at depicting the trolls in it with how they were described in folklore. There is one scene where a goat is placed on a bridge as bait for a troll, and nod to the Billy Goats Gruff.

• Like 2

Internet trolls, yep (we see them all the time).

That's completely untrue, and I don't like the font you used.

• Like 3

This scene

That is indeed the scene. Never get too close to a troll.

Yes they do.. they make you pay to pass the bridge....

Where do you think they got the phrase Bridge Toll?

They just took out the R and put a human troll there in it's place...

But Trolls used to protect bridges and you had to pay the troll.

Yes they do.. they make you pay to pass the bridge....

Where do you think they got the phrase Bridge Toll?

They just took out the R and put a human troll there in it's place...

But Trolls used to protect bridges and you had to pay the troll.

throw the money at it, thing looks mean as hell

I see trolls every time I start to cross a "toll bridge" or toll highway.

I would not be surprised if the modern term "toll" is somehow related to the ancient term "troll"

• Like 1

althought on a serious note i remember there was a few years back a case of a `goblin/ gnombe/ troll` whatever that appeared

remember this

did anything come of this

http://www.thesun.co...-Argentina.html

(should be a video there)

Never trust teenagers.

That was probably some poor little person just taking a sideways walk in the moonlit night with his favorite conical gnome hat on. I loved hearing the child like scream of one those teens... LMAO!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess that the origin of the troll under the bridge was a story for parents to tell their kids to keep them from playing in a dangerous place.

Same idea as the boogeyman?

Why are we so quick to dismiss something we have not seen or experienced ourselves? Why can't they be real somewhere? Are we so vain to think we are the only ones here?

Edited by Columbo