Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange Phone Calls

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    GlamGirl

GlamGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

This reminds me of what happened to my sister the other day she was complaining about getting calls on her cell from an unknown whoever this was kept calling all day and when she answered nobody was there, then the last time 11pm she answers a girl says Is Gary there? This is Nikki….    My uncle Gary died when my sister was four my sister is now twenty he had a step daughter named Nikki she has also passed away. Just weird I wish my sister asked her a question like Gary who? You know just to see if it was some fluke but my sister said “you must have the wrong number” she did not connect the call to anyone she knew because she did not really remember my uncle.

#17    GlamGirl

GlamGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

This reminds me of what happened to my sister the other day she was complaining about getting calls on her cell from an unknown whoever this was kept calling all day and when she answered nobody was there, then the last time 11pm she answers a girl says Is Gary there? This is Nikki….    My uncle Gary died when my sister was four my sister is now twenty he had a step daughter named Nikki she has also passed away. Just weird I wish my sister asked her a question like Gary who? You know just to see if it was some fluke but my sister said “you must have the wrong number” she did not connect the call to anyone she knew because she did not really remember my uncle.

#18    kelunexplained

kelunexplained

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

I would get weird calls too, not repeated in the same day though. They were calls from another country and I couldn't even understand the lady..I think she was speaking Spanish.

#19    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Yeah i agree with the everyone else about the fax, happened to me a while ago, pretty annoying. Found out the number then contacted the company to cease calling me, it worked. But occassionally there was a human caller from the company on the private number. Some chinese woman.

#20    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Had a weird call happen this morning when I was still sleeping. My cell phone rang and I picked it up and the number on screen was only six digits, and when I answered it sounded like someone making hiccup sounds  :blink:  :huh:   :( I have no idea what the hell that was, but since I was still half asleep when this happened, I thought I might've dreamed it, but I checked my phone and the number is in there.

I'm too creeped out to call it back  :ph34r:

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#21    Kar-zid

Kar-zid

Ultra Director

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

• Winner of the "Ghost Picture Competition": SomeOldLady

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

*Sigh* And it begins again. 11:11, only 4 minutes ago, I got another anonymous call... Didn't answer it though.

Winners of the Fakest Pic On The Net Comp": Mister E. (now Samael) & n_a_t_a_l_i_e (now NatalieK)

Winner of the "Best Ghost Photo Competition": Some Old Lady

#22    Creasyj

Creasyj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Bringing this thread back to life.  So last night, strangest thing happened.  At 2:15am I'm woken up by my cell.  I'm pretty out of it but my iPhone says "Blocked" so I was immediately interested and I picked up.  There was no human response EXCEPT it almost had that background noises type of sound so I was waiting to hear some Indian telemarketer but no one said a word. After a few seconds I started hearing this really strange, almost electronic sound.  It WAS NOT a fax sound as I'm very familiar with that.  I am having a hard time trying to describe the sound.  It was a repeating, basey sound almost like bombs going off in the distance.  Almost rumbling.  Reminded me of an old Atari tank game Battlezone.  It kept doing this and maybe because I was half asleep it scared me.  I've been catching up on Dexter episodes before bed which could have something to do with my nerves at night hahaha.  
Ok, no here's the really odd thing about this.  :)  About 15 minutes later, my wife's iPhone rang on the bed!!  I had not quite gotten back to sleep so I answered it. Of course, same blocked number!  And, same sounds.  They didn't last as long on her phone but they were the same.  I'm so confused and I have a fear of the unknown but not sure how to react about it.  Anyone have similar?

#23    Ginlea64

Ginlea64

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've had 2 numbers in the last 5 years, one of which was a cell number.  Somehow, this lady from somewhere in Asia ( Korea, China, Laos) has called me once every 3 months for the last 3 years & oddly says the same thing every time, even with the laugh in the middle... The first time she called, she sounded agitated, like she had had a hard time reaching whoever she was trying to reach & was worried.  Ever after she hasn't sounded worried.  I almost wish I could speak her language.  Also, I'd like to know how this woman has my new number...
:alien:

#24    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

kystranger, on 29 June 2010 - 01:35 PM, said:

Something interesting happened to me like 2 years ago I would like to share........

Why would you keep a phone plugged into a landline that has been disconnected for 2 years?

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#25    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

VOIP (ie: Skype) call gone array, perhaps?

If you use a service like jajah.com for example, then the computer calls the person up, waits for them to answer, they answer and then connect  you to them. When the other person fails to pick up, sometimes it gets redirected to the original caller and freaky stuff happens.

Kind Regards.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#26    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Kapow

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

The Wells Fargo story is spooky

#27    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Creasyj, on 25 August 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Bringing this thread back to life.  So last night, strangest thing happened.  At 2:15am I'm woken up by my cell.  I'm pretty out of it but my iPhone says "Blocked" so I was immediately interested and I picked up.  There was no human response EXCEPT it almost had that background noises type of sound so I was waiting to hear some Indian telemarketer but no one said a word. After a few seconds I started hearing this really strange, almost electronic sound.  It WAS NOT a fax sound as I'm very familiar with that.  I am having a hard time trying to describe the sound.  It was a repeating, basey sound almost like bombs going off in the distance.  Almost rumbling.  Reminded me of an old Atari tank game Battlezone.  It kept doing this and maybe because I was half asleep it scared me.  I've been catching up on Dexter episodes before bed which could have something to do with my nerves at night hahaha.  
Ok, no here's the really odd thing about this.  :)  About 15 minutes later, my wife's iPhone rang on the bed!!  I had not quite gotten back to sleep so I answered it. Of course, same blocked number!  And, same sounds.  They didn't last as long on her phone but they were the same.  I'm so confused and I have a fear of the unknown but not sure how to react about it.  Anyone have similar?

Hmm the sound you described sounds similar to something I've heard. Can't put my finger on it though.

The source isn't anything otherworldly I'd assure you.

Edited by Orcseeker, 25 February 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#28    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Kar-zid, on 28 June 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

A couple weeks ago I was sitting in class, my phone on vibrate in my pocket. I feel it begin to vibrate, and it does it repeatedly so I was obviously getting a call. I couldn't answer, due to the fact I was in the middle of class, so I waited until recess to check my phone. I had one missed call from a private number. That was a bit strange, but I knew a couple people who left their numbers on private. Thing was, none of them had any reason to ring me, and once I asked them they said they hadn't anyway.

But I didn't worry about it, figuring it was just a wrong number or a telemarketer or something. Then I got three more calls in the afternoon, none of which I picked up in time. Each of them were EXACTLY 7 minutes apart, which was also very strange, once again from a private number. I turned on the volume on my phone and turned it up, so I'd be sure to pick it up the next time.

Finally, after around an hour, I get another call. I pick it up and ask, "Hello?"

All i can hear is a strange electronic sound. Not as if it's connecting or anything, I've never heard anything like it before, just strange electronic sounds. After EXACTLY 7 seconds, the other end hangs up. I'm left even more confused now. Then around twenty minutes later, I get a call again. I pick it up again, and the electronic sounds play again. I just keep listening, and after around ten seconds, I hear someone who had a slight foreign accent ask, "Hello?". I was relieved, thinking it was just a telemarketer then, so I say "Hello" back. Then I hear him say "Hello?" again. And again. And again, in the exact same tone and pitch. It was a recording obviously, of a man saying "Hello?" replayed over and over. After around a minute of this I hung up, feeling a bit unnerved by that.

No more calls for that night, but when I woke up in the morning I had gotten another five missed calls (had changed phone back to vibrate earlier whilst texting my girlfriend). All were once again from the private number, so there was no way I could call them back.

Over the next two days after that I got random calls from the private number, unfortunately never got the chance to pick it up again. Then around a week after the first incident, I got another call again, once again not realizing until I later saw I had a missed call. For the last week and a bit I haven't got any more phone calls, but I'm hoping they do call back again so I can work out who exactly is on the other end of that line.

You haven't watched any strange videos of girls climbing out of wells have you?  Hehe...couldn't resist.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#29    Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

---Calvin & Hobbes

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Last summer, I had moved into into my own apartment, and I only use a "pay-as-you-go" cell phone. Well, I only answer calls to numbers that I know. So for two weeks in the summer, I had gotten calls at random parts of the day that would ring three times then hang up. Seconds later, I had a voicemail message. Curious, I checked it and I heard a lady say: "(Inaudible), you're late for your appointment. Please pick up. You have an appointment at 'such-and-such' a place. Please call me back ASAP." I asked my family, and they said that it sounded like an electric company calling an electrician to fix a line, or a repair technician for Comcast or Verizon. Really freaked me out.

A bear is just a man who made a choice.

#30    auramyst

auramyst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions~
    Edgar Cayce

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Ten years ago I had a really weird cell phone call.

I know that was a long time ago, but this call was too weird to be easily forgotten.

It went like this:

My cell phone rings and the display shows 'unavailable'.  I pick up the phone and answer.

Me: Hello?

On the other end I hear an echo of my own voice saying: Hello?

Me (thinking there's a bad echo): Hello?

Again another echo of my own voice saying: Hello?

Ok, so now I'm thinking I've got a dropped call with a bad echo, but I'll try one more time:  Hello?  (I say it slowly this time)

Again my own voice echoing slowly: Hello?

Well, then it must be a dropped call and the person will call back.  I start to hang up when I hear:   HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOO!  Shouted out in my own voice.

I keep the phone to my ear, stay silent, and hear:  HHHHEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!  HHHHEELLLOOOOO????  Hello!  Hello!  HEEELLLLLLLLO?  HELLOOOOOOOO!!!  Over and over again.  In my own voice.  Some mocking, some shouting, some sounding deeper, and some sounding higher.  But all are in my voice.

Then silence.

Cautiously I say: Hello?

Silence, but an open line.

I listen for a few more seconds then I hear a very quiet, whispered: Hello?

Silence.

I look at my phone and the call is no longer there. There was no click of a disconnect, just silence.  I scroll through my call list and there was nothing showing up for that timeframe- or that day for that matter.

I don't know what that call was.  I would have thought it was a bad connection, but the call never showed up in my list.  I tried saying 'hello' to my phone when it wasn't connected, but I couldn't duplicate the 'echoing' effect.  I would think that it was me 'hearing' myself on a bad connection except the last 'Hello's' got really weird.  Like me saying 'Hello' as many different ways as I could.

Definitely the weirdest phone call I've ever had.

Edited by auramyst, 04 March 2013 - 06:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users