Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,707 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

CLEVELAND - A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to avoid a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children will have to stand at an intersection wearing a sign warning about idiots.
Court records show a Cleveland Municipal Court judge on Monday ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to stand at an intersection for two days next week. She will have to wear a sign saying: "Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."

http://www.theprovin...5368/story.html

We need more judges like this!  But, she should have had to do this more than just two mornings, IMO.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

That's justice!

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostBling, on 06 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

That's justice!

And it's funny :lol:

She wont do that again...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#4    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Wow i wonder if wearing a sign like that will have any effect .Will an idiot really care or feel shame?
No, because there an idiot !

#5    SpectralEdge

SpectralEdge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• This is the story of how I died.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Heh this kinda made my day. It does make me wonder, does she do it often? Because obviously the buss driver was waiting for it.

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,948 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Should've been more than 2 measly days.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,240 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostBling, on 06 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

That's justice!

I disagree.  It's vengeance and the Judge is a disgrace, in my opinion of course.

#8    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,707 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I disagree.  It's vengeance and the Judge is a disgrace, in my opinion of course.

People get off too lightly when they do idiotic things like this.  She could have killed a child just because she didn't want to wait for the school bus.  We need SOMETHING to remind this woman that what she did was just unacceptable.  I see so many parents driving like idiots in school zones, not thinking what it would do to their child if they actually hit another child.  There are rules of the road for a reason.  They aren't just for a few, they are for EVERYONE.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#9    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostSpectralEdge, on 06 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Heh this kinda made my day. It does make me wonder, does she do it often? Because obviously the buss driver was waiting for it.

Yes she did it before. I have seen the full video on you tube awhile back and he says she does it almost everytime they encounter her. thats why the cop was waiting for her as well.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,240 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 06 November 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

People get off too lightly when they do idiotic things like this.  She could have killed a child just because she didn't want to wait for the school bus.  We need SOMETHING to remind this woman that what she did was just unacceptable.  I see so many parents driving like idiots in school zones, not thinking what it would do to their child if they actually hit another child.  There are rules of the road for a reason.  They aren't just for a few, they are for EVERYONE.

The country has set punishments for offences.  They include imprisonment, fines, community service etc.  Public humiliation of a person, and their family, is not an option in any decent society.

#11    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

The country has set punishments for offences.  They include imprisonment, fines, community service etc.  Public humiliation of a person, and their family, is not an option in any decent society.

Don't you think Community Service is humiliating too? Having to pick up litter, scrub off graffiti and trim hedges - all with a fluorescent uniform on in the area they live!

#12    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,945 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

I sort of have to agree, humiliation isn't going to deter anyone from doing it, as noone else is stupid enough to endanger children like that.
Sending her to gaol is a waste of tax payer money. A fine would be "meh" and paid off. I'd have given her community service as a school bus driver :D

#13    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,696 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I have to agree with you.The judge is supposed to be a figure of authority, all he's doing is humiliating this woman by turning her into a laughing stock. He could have dealt with it better imo by issuing a more sensible punishment to fit the crime..This isn't the dark ages.

Posted Image

#14    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,240 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostBling, on 06 November 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Don't you think Community Service is humiliating too? Having to pick up litter, scrub off graffiti and trim hedges - all with a fluorescent uniform on in the area they live!

You really can't see the difference?

#15    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

You really can't see the difference?

Oh I can! And having thought about it some more I think it was wrong of the judge. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users