Researchers have discovered that copper and alloys made from the metal, including brass, can prevent antibiotic resistance in bacteria from spreading.
Plastic and stainless steel surfaces, which are now widely used in hospitals and public settings, allow bacteria to survive and spread when people touch them.
Even if the bacteria die, DNA that gives them resistance to antibiotics can survive and be passed on to other bacteria on these surfaces. Copper and brass, however, can kill the bacteria and also destroy this DNA.
Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users