Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

When will the world really end ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

---Calvin & Hobbes

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postgrc, on 22 December 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

I like your post, it is interesting and I agree to some point but the number 666 is not the opposite of 777 but 999. I'm not a religious person, I don't go to church very often but I do believe in GOD. Religions in my opinion are made just to tame the people that are just not advanced enough to accept rules, accept others that are not like them and they are quick to judge others and put too many value on material things.

Thank you. I go to church every Sunday. I am really into it. There are just too many coincidences in the Bible that pertain to money being the destruction of the world. It's chaos now, and very appalling. Heck, I'm on my own and struggling to make a living, and I work two jobs. Now, as a Christian I take the Bible very seriously, and I believe every word of it. I take a tiny symbolic approach to it. Jesus spoke both literally and figuratively. It's like any other book: while fiction, there is always truth behind it. Jesus's parables are examples of actual events. John the Apostle wrote the same thing: while he literally saw what he wrote, they were also symbolic. Greed (on both sides of the political spectrum) will be the destruction of the world. Bank on it.

Many times throughout the New Testament, Jesus says to give up your possessions and give them away. Paul says to Timothy that the "love of money is the root of all evil." Time and again, tithing is deemed a relevant "means of grace," offered as a sacrifice to thank God for all He has done for us.

Money, and its system of credit, must be destroyed for Paradise to come to earth. People are obsessed with money, and everything and anything is revolved around money. Without money, you can't live. Everyone is out for some kind of personal gain or profit.

Now, Daniel the Prophet also identifies Four Beasts:

1. The Lion (UK?)

2. The Bear (Russia?)

3. The Leopard with 4 Wings

4. The Beast with 10Horns, and an 11th Horn with eyes and a mouth (China?)

Daniel identifies these beasts as four kingdoms that will rise from the earth, and be the most powerful among the other kingdoms.

The 144,000 Sealed (the 12 Tribes of Israel)

12 Major Divisions in Christianity?

1. Roman Catholicism

2. Eastern Orthodox

3. Lutheran

4. Anglican/Episcopal (Church of England)

5. Methodist

6. Baptists

7. Anabaptists (Mennonite and Amish)

8. Presbyterians/Reformed

9. The Salvation Army

10. United Church of Christ

11. Mormons

12. Jehovah's Witnesses

Edited by Mad Cow, 22 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.

A bear is just a man who made a choice.

#17    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,819 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

How is either 777 or 999 the opposite of 666?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,586 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostMad Cow, on 22 December 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

You see, everyone assumes the Antichrist is a living person. The Apostle John, in his three epistles, never says the Antichrist is a living person. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus, Paul, and John all state emphatically how wicked and evil money is. Jesus wants us all to sell our possessions and give them to the poor. Paul tells Timothy flat out that "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10). Now, considering the facts that have been laid out by John in Revelation (and his three epistles):
Even that verse isn't saying money is evil.

#19    Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

---Calvin & Hobbes

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 22 December 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Even that verse isn't saying money is evil.

Money itself is not evil. Paul says, the love of money is the root of all evil; in other words, greed.

A bear is just a man who made a choice.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I am a devout Christian, and I have read Revelation several times, and I want to share something I've found interesting:

You see, everyone assumes the Antichrist is a living person. The Apostle John, in his three epistles, never says the Antichrist is a living person. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus, Paul, and John all state emphatically how wicked and evil money is. Jesus wants us all to sell our possessions and give them to the poor. Paul tells Timothy flat out that "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10). Now, considering the facts that have been laid out by John in Revelation (and his three epistles):

1. The mark of the beast is 666. If we take each six and add them together, we get 18, which is the legal age to vote. The opposite of 666 is 777, which we, as believers, assume is God's number. The three 7s added together yields 21. Hm....

2. In order for Jesus to return, the Antichrist must rule the world and proclaim himself as God, ruling the earth with one government. In other words, a one-world government must be established before Christ returns. Now, I am as literalist as it can get when it comes to the Bible, but I think God was insinuating something here: people love money. You can't live/function without it. When the one-world government comes, people will worship the Antichrist (the government) and its leader to survive. Now, that being said, much like God is a Trinity, so is the Antichrist:

ANTICHRIST = THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
THE FALSE PROPHET = THE LEADER OF THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
SATAN = MONEY (AND THE GREED ASSOCIATED WITH IT)*

*Every sin that is committed is, in some way, connected to money or some kind of personal gain/profit.

Once the credit system is destroyed (and it's headed there now), then the world will be plunged into chaos. Then, and only then, will the Apocalypse ensue.

You may think these are just coincidences, and I'm over-thinking. I may very well be. I am just sharing some information I thought was odd. Enjoy.
But this has nothing to do with the OP, as the OP is based on scientific research and has nothing to do with religion.

eg:
However, the sun’s luminosity is gradually increasing, and in about one billion years the effects of this will start to be felt on Earth.

Studying what life will be like on Earth at the end of the habitable era helps scientists narrow down what kind of biosignatures might exist on Earth-like exoplanets orbiting aging stars near the end of their main sequence.

===================================================================
I respect your own religious views, but it has no comparison on this kind of  scientific research. Unless you are saying it is what your god wants, but there is no mention of any of this  in the bible.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    magzire

magzire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Space will eventually end.. we're doomed!

#22    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,819 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostMad Cow, on 22 December 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

12 Major Divisions in Christianity?

1. Roman Catholicism
2. Eastern Orthodox
3. Lutheran
4. Anglican/Episcopal (Church of England)
5. Methodist
6. Baptists
7. Anabaptists (Mennonite and Amish)
8. Presbyterians/Reformed
9. The Salvation Army
10. United Church of Christ
11. Mormons
12. Jehovah's Witnesses

Seems a pretty arbitrary list of denominations.  What about Greek Orthodox or the Coptic Church?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postmagzire, on 22 December 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Space will eventually end.. we're doomed!
I see the forum entertainment has turned up to cheer us all up.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#24    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I think we'd be long gone before the world ends.

#25    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

• "Religion is to mysticism what popularization is to science." ~ Henri Bergson

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

The opposite of 666 is 777

I think the opposite of 666 is -666.

#26    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostMag357, on 22 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

That is until the alarm went off and I had to get up and go to work. :lol:

My world ends every morning when that happens.

#27    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Doesn't matter when the world ends, we all die eventually.

#28    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

The world (as in, the whole planet itself) will end in about 5 billion years when the sun runs out of hydrogen, expands in to a red giant and the inner planets get vapourized.

Asteroid impacts, global warming etc will not be the end of the world. Probably just the end of our species. Others will evolve to fill the gap.

Edited by Finity, 23 December 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#29    sleepeater327

sleepeater327

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

April 13, 2029......going to be a very nice day....

#30    judyrad

judyrad

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• You are not alone we are here to help!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

We shouldn't be worrying about the end of the world. What we should be worrying about is space exploration and being able to move faster than the speed of light so we can get off this rock before the lights go out!

Edited by judyrad, 23 December 2012 - 01:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users