Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is proof of alien life a risk to society ?

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#346    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 29 April 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

Not according to some researchers, they're suggesting that whales actually communicate complex ideas - bees certainly give complex directions to each other.

Isn't that more a social instinct? Hive mentality sort of thing? We do not have any Bees with street signs and such but electrical fields that tell other bees where to find the flowers, which benefits the colony. I do not think an electrical field is communication, but rather more an instinctual property?

LINK - Bees Buzz Each Other, but Not the Way You Think

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#347    Nomad5000

Nomad5000

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• I Want To Live Long Enough To Live Forever!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hehehe, man this is getting too much :w00t:

I think what I'm trying to say we humans have a hard time communicating with each other, let alone other species, here or out there. I surmise it could be a universal problem at any level on the evolutionary scale.

Wheww! That was hard to say too :w00t: :huh:

#348    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostNomad5000, on 29 April 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Hehehe, man this is getting too much :w00t:

I think what I'm trying to say we humans have a hard time communicating with each other, let alone other species, here or out there. I surmise it could be a universal problem at any level on the evolutionary scale.

Wheww! That was hard to say too :w00t: :huh:

And we are only traversing Oceans :tu:

Imagine how hard it will be to exchange ideas across space! It seems a bit hard to believe that Aliens land here and know all our languages, concepts, cultures and traditions. Or have no problems with Quarantine, and can cross species breed.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#349    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

ANy race thats licked the vastness of Time & Space travel will no doubt have Licked the Human contact problem,maybe more than we know,ever wonder how many Humans we make every hour on this rock?
More than enough to feed a Fleet of Space travelers.

This is a Work in Progress!

#350    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 May 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

ANy race thats licked the vastness of Time & Space travel will no doubt have Licked the Human contact problem,maybe more than we know,ever wonder how many Humans we make every hour on this rock?
More than enough to feed a Fleet of Space travelers.

BBQ is a form of quarantine isn't it? :)

#351    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

BBQ is a form of quarantine isn't it? :)
At Milliways ITs the Blue Plate special !

#352    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

• I need to go fishing....Really, Really, REALLY BADLY.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 April 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Isn't that more a social instinct? Hive mentality sort of thing? We do not have any Bees with street signs and such but electrical fields that tell other bees where to find the flowers, which benefits the colony. I do not think an electrical field is communication, but rather more an instinctual property?

LINK - Bees Buzz Each Other, but Not the Way You Think

it is thought that Bees use complex geometry and maybe even calc  to give directions from the hive to whatever they have found. ( I had bees  for almost twenty years  in the 80s and early 90s)  if you watch a bee dance  you will know that there is something more than just instinct  in  their limited  communication.  yes using the magnetic field of the earth and the position of the sun and the local wind and weather conditions  are instinctual But the ability to communicating that to your ten thousand sisters in the hive  in just a few seconds could be considered being borderline intelligent   ( all bees are female  except the breeder males )

#353    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

American capitalism is more a risk to society than aliens especially with a monkey as president.

#354    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 01 May 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

American capitalism is more a risk to society than aliens especially with a monkey as president.

You reckon you lot are doing it tough?

We have this to deal with.

Posted Image

Think yourself lucky. What I would not give for a monkey as PM. What an improvement that would be!

#355    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

• Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

https://www.facebook...ntaryMeteorites

#356    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,171 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

Now were seeing your I.Q !

#357    mfluder

mfluder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

The biggest threat to our civilization is, and will probably always be, ourselves.

#358    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

You know, this might be the first time I am not totally dismissive of your posting.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#359    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

So sad that some people think that Our POTUS is a monkey ! So Sad ! My world is far better off thats He`s been in Office ! As is my bank, life ect ! :tu:
Now back on B.B.Q !  Aliens Love to have a Good B.B.Q ed human !

#360    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Aliens could land on the lawn of the White House right now and be covered by every single news network in the world and it would not cause panic.
I for one, as most people i know, look at it as just one more unknown in our lives.
Lets say they are here to enslave the human race.
Whats the worst thing that could happen?  We die?
Aren't we all going to do that eventually anyway?  So we fight back, all we have to do is outlast them.
I would guess we have a better chance of them being non-violent than we do them being violent but who knows.
Either way, proof of life outside of our world would not cause me to panic one iota.
Now if they attack....... that's another story and i reserve the right to have a different opinion on the panic portion of my previous statement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users