Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe in ufos and here's why

brockster

First I'd like to say I don't believe in the ufo phenomenon and here's why. Drawing from books from author Ray Kurzweil he talks about the exponential increase in computing power over the course of decades. If you don't already know it look up something called moore's law which basically states that technology is on a steep exponential slope upwards. If that's true of our civilization it stands to reason that any sufficiently advanced civilization could have transcended their own biology which would explain being able to handle immense speeds in these so called craft. But what I'm proposing is not a new theory about their origins, but the idea is that the aliens interpreted in modern and ancient times are in fact Satan and his demons. An evil influence which blinds the minds of non believers. In thr past when I've been interested on the ET phenomenon it was because I didn't immediately perceive the evil already present in human beings. I was only seeking power in a higher intelligence and I found that in god.

Edited by brockster

But what I'm proposing is not a new theory about their origins, but the idea is that the aliens interpreted in modern and ancient times are in fact Satan and his demons. An evil influence which blinds the minds of non believers....

Good grief. Not this again.

• Like 7

You don't believe the UFOs could be spacecraft from an extraterrestrial civilisation, but you do believe that they might be demons of Satan and his minions.

Ok.

You wouldn't happen to be author Ray Kurzweil, would you?

:unsure2:

• Like 5

But what I'm proposing is not a new theory about their origins, but the idea is that the aliens interpreted in modern and ancient times are in fact Satan and his demons. An evil influence which blinds the minds of non believers. In thr past when I've been interested on the ET phenomenon it was because I didn't immediately perceive the evil already present in human beings. I was only seeking power in a higher intelligence and I found that in god.

So instead of applying a modern understanding, you've gone backwards to when demons were blamed for poorly understood phenomena.

I guess Satan now goes around in his spaceship planting fossils and causing mental illness.

• Like 4

Good grief. Not this again.

There is no Satan anyway. There never was. It's just the name that we give to degenerate practices that have become established in the nature of some humans.

However as we all know there are UFO's and ET's.

Edited by zoser

name='brockster' timestamp='1382187740' post='4955535']

First I'd like to say I don't believe in the ufo phenomenon [/b]

Seeeing as its your first post I shall start off like this...

Well, personally, while being a skeptic, I do believe in the ufo phenomenon. Ive had sightings too, tho nothing spectacular. Countless others have had sightings too, so the phenomena is real enough, its even been studied and with many pics and vids...FOR YEARS...at places like this

http://www.hessdalen.org/pictures/

Then you have also the 'earth lights' like for example these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min_Min_light

And there are other similar ufo/light phenomena in other countries. These are all regular ufo phenomena. Quite simply, its a FACT!

But the issue is - when people assume a ufo/light in the sky - whatever, is a manned craft from another planet, for which there is no proof, never has been either. And you mention "in ancient times"...well, again there is no proof of ancient contact either.

Then you touch on religion, God and satan, but even religion has a short time span in the big history of earth, Jesus lived/died about two thousand and 40 years ago...but modern man was around at least 200 000 years ago, and older versions of the human form even farther back in time...long long before the notion of religion was born.

And besides, if God and his angels (and even fallen angels) have all this amazing power, why do they need space ships? :tu:

• Like 2

Personally, I don't see how folks can completely believe in demons but completely discount the idea of ET life. As to UFOs, a UFO is simply an Unidentified Flying Object (could have various explanations).

• Like 3

I believe in the possibility of both ET-UFO's as well as in the seperate subject of inter-dimensional life forms(such as "spirits", etc...)

That's why I joined UM. I have no experience or evidence of either, just my beliefs.

• Like 1

According to the AA theory, God and ET is one in the same. AA Advocates think that people back then had visitations

from ET's from other planets but depicted them as Divine Beings rather then flesh and blood creatures but more advanced.

There's no solid proof this happened but it's just a wild theory.

When I talk about UFOs I tend to get onto the subjects of aliens just because that's typically par for the course when talking about such things. If I accidentally use the two terms interchangeably I'm sorry for my fallible nature, but yet I am human. Also I do believe that Satan exists given the evidence from these two things. Humans imperfection stemming from the fact that we rebelled in the Garden of Eden as a result of Satan's lie of becoming like god. The evilness and hate that exists in the world is the second evidence I provide for reason to believe in wicked spirits.

I appreciate the kind responses and healthy skepticism and arguments raised by my post. I don't totally object to the ET phenomenon though like I said some people offer up the idea that ETs created us humans which I am definitely skeptical about, because then what created the ETs that created us. What created all of the planets in the heavens and what gave everything it's properties? I also find the lack of actual tangible evidence to be concerning.

Don't let my skepticism fool you though I've had plenty of times when at night I've seen gray aliens while I was in sleep paralysis and unable to move. While science can explain away these things as a neurochemical reaction to sleep transitions I still wonder about why I see aliens some times after I go to sleep. Please take note though that I didn't have any of these experiences until I expressed a strong interest in the aliens. That seems to me that either they perceived of some how me being interested in them or my mind was able to make up these experiences some how.

Also I'm not the first one to notice this but there seems to be a strong connection or correlation between expressing interests in the supernatural and the alien phenomenon. In many ways these UFOs seem to express supernatural qualities to where they will appear to some people but not to others, they appear and disappear, and they cannot be explained by our modern means kind of like ghosts or spirits. Satan being the father of the lie deceives peoples minds and can perform such crafty acts to get people interested in a phenomenon to draw them away from serving their creator god.

I'm really surprised that nobody brought up the Kurzweilen(not sure of the spelling) future in which machines and cyborgs transcend their biology. I'm just considering the fact that if others have done what Ray Kurzweil predicts in his books. Then advanced civilizations whether they're carbon based or not may have transcended their fleshly bodies and became something like the spirits that are talked about in the bible. Even so in such a future where technology has dwarfed our knowledge by becoming a giant super megamind that dictates our every action it would still be a hard time to live in. Many Utopian Dystopian scenarios have been presented by futurists yet one the is always prevalent in such scenarios. The want of men and women to become like gods which is the reason we're in this predicament to begin with.

:wacko:
  • Like 2

When I talk about UFOs I tend to get onto the subjects of aliens just because that's typically par for the course when talking about such things. If I accidentally use the two terms interchangeably I'm sorry for my fallible nature, but yet I am human. Also I do believe that Satan exists given the evidence from these two things. Humans imperfection stemming from the fact that we rebelled in the Garden of Eden as a result of Satan's lie of becoming like god. The evilness and hate that exists in the world is the second evidence I provide for reason to believe in wicked spirits.

I appreciate the kind responses and healthy skepticism and arguments raised by my post. I don't totally object to the ET phenomenon though like I said some people offer up the idea that ETs created us humans which I am definitely skeptical about, because then what created the ETs that created us. What created all of the planets in the heavens and what gave everything it's properties? I also find the lack of actual tangible evidence to be concerning.

Don't let my skepticism fool you though I've had plenty of times when at night I've seen gray aliens while I was in sleep paralysis and unable to move. While science can explain away these things as a neurochemical reaction to sleep transitions I still wonder about why I see aliens some times after I go to sleep. Please take note though that I didn't have any of these experiences until I expressed a strong interest in the aliens. That seems to me that either they perceived of some how me being interested in them or my mind was able to make up these experiences some how.

Also I'm not the first one to notice this but there seems to be a strong connection or correlation between expressing interests in the supernatural and the alien phenomenon. In many ways these UFOs seem to express supernatural qualities to where they will appear to some people but not to others, they appear and disappear, and they cannot be explained by our modern means kind of like ghosts or spirits. Satan being the father of the lie deceives peoples minds and can perform such crafty acts to get people interested in a phenomenon to draw them away from serving their creator god.

I'm really surprised that nobody brought up the Kurzweilen(not sure of the spelling) future in which machines and cyborgs transcend their biology. I'm just considering the fact that if others have done what Ray Kurzweil predicts in his books. Then advanced civilizations whether they're carbon based or not may have transcended their fleshly bodies and became something like the spirits that are talked about in the bible. Even so in such a future where technology has dwarfed our knowledge by becoming a giant super megamind that dictates our every action it would still be a hard time to live in. Many Utopian Dystopian scenarios have been presented by futurists yet one the is always prevalent in such scenarios. The want of men and women to become like gods which is the reason we're in this predicament to begin with.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Hebrew Bible depict Satan (so to speak) as a Prosecuting Attorney to Man rather then God's Adversary?

In other words. Satan isn't evil, He's an angel that points out the bad that humankind has done to God. And God will decide mans fate.

• Like 1

Was clicking on this topic for laughs, and got more chuckles than I bargained for.

• Like 2

Then I think you do not understand God. I first I emplore you ask God for the wisdom to understand selfishness. This is a very scary thing to learn, because you find out how seriously selfish the human race is. Then I emplore you to study biology, physics, and astronomy. Science is not the answer to God, but God is the answer to science. He created science and math.

But if you want to understand God just a little bit better, indevor to understand what the term "Multi-dimensional spiritual being" means. You missed the mark, but believe it or not, I could not have figured this much out with out God's help. It is great that your questioning reality, but theres too much selfishness in it. Earth is not some trial run. It is an example to all life everywhere. You have a major journey ahead of you before you can see clearer just what im saying. But don't think me as someone who is smarter or wiser than you because I have these things to say, for I am a foolish and selfish person aswell, God just led me to discover these things.

Then I think you do not understand God. I first I emplore you ask God for the wisdom to understand selfishness. This is a very scary thing to learn, because you find out how seriously selfish the human race is. Then I emplore you to study biology, physics, and astronomy. Science is not the answer to God, but God is the answer to science. He created science and math.

But if you want to understand God just a little bit better, indevor to understand what the term "Multi-dimensional spiritual being" means. You missed the mark, but believe it or not, I could not have figured this much out with out God's help. It is great that your questioning reality, but theres too much selfishness in it. Earth is not some trial run. It is an example to all life everywhere. You have a major journey ahead of you before you can see clearer just what im saying. But don't think me as someone who is smarter or wiser than you because I have these things to say, for I am a foolish and selfish person aswell, God just led me to discover these things.

A bit preachy if I do say, are you refering to the biblical or koran god or just the acknowledgment of a possible god? I admit I know nothing about the bible, but I have never heard, read, or seen it ever reference multiple dimensional spiritual beings. Is heaven and hell suppose to be dimensions? This just sounds a lot like new age hoo-haa combined with judeo-christian dogma.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Hebrew Bible depict Satan (so to speak) as a Prosecuting Attorney to Man rather then God's Adversary?

In other words. Satan isn't evil, He's an angel that points out the bad that humankind has done to God. And God will decide mans fate.

Satan is the original father of the lie. Satan is the one who caused mandkind to sin the first time. I suggest you look up the story of JOB in the bible where Satan does actually act as an attorney prosecuting JOB. Basically Satan poses the question saying "Maybe he only loves you(referring to god) because you provide everything for him." With that statement Satan is given permission to take almost everything away from Job. His kids die and gets some bad boils all over his body, but he never once curses god so god restores him to full health again. While some of the Bible may contradict itself in a way I don't read the new or old testament. I read the New World Translation version of the bible with god's name in it. To answer your question Satan is evil, and I'll leave you with this verse "Woe to earth for Satan is caste down to you having great anger knowing that he only has a short period of time."

Satan is the original father of the lie. Satan is the one who caused mandkind to sin the first time. I suggest you look up the story of JOB in the bible where Satan does actually act as an attorney prosecuting JOB. Basically Satan poses the question saying "Maybe he only loves you(referring to god) because you provide everything for him." With that statement Satan is given permission to take almost everything away from Job. His kids die and gets some bad boils all over his body, but he never once curses god so god restores him to full health again. While some of the Bible may contradict itself in a way I don't read the new or old testament. I read the New World Translation version of the bible with god's name in it. To answer your question Satan is evil, and I'll leave you with this verse "Woe to earth for Satan is caste down to you having great anger knowing that he only has a short period of time."

So, let me get this straight, you don't believe in aliens, but you do believe in satan & demons........i don't think there is anywhere to go with this.

• Like 1

When looking back in history, It started out with the Hebrew religion. Then Christians came along

and borrowed from the Hebrews but made variations. Then Islam came along and borrowed with their variations. Then Christian Catholics compile

the Holy Bible at the Council of Nicaea. Then centuries later Martin Luther separated from the church and formed the Protestant Lutherans which

they removed books from the original cannon. With all that altering of a doctrine over the centuries I can see why peoples faith would be tested.

First I'd like to say I don't believe in the ufo phenomenon and here's why. Drawing from books from author Ray Kurzweil he talks about the exponential increase in computing power over the course of decades. If you don't already know it look up something called moore's law which basically states that technology is on a steep exponential slope upwards. If that's true of our civilization it stands to reason that any sufficiently advanced civilization could have transcended their own biology which would explain being able to handle immense speeds in these so called craft. But what I'm proposing is not a new theory about their origins, but the idea is that the aliens interpreted in modern and ancient times are in fact Satan and his demons. An evil influence which blinds the minds of non believers. In thr past when I've been interested on the ET phenomenon it was because I didn't immediately perceive the evil already present in human beings. I was only seeking power in a higher intelligence and I found that in god.

So, Ray Kurzweil introduced you to the concepts of Moore's law and you concluded all of that? By the way, Moore's law does not describe exponential growth but linear growth (slope of 2x) in the number of transistors that can be packed into a unit area of silicon. The result of which is the potential doubling of computing power every 18 months. That does not translate to commensurate growth in overall technology. Your assumption is flawed in that regard.

It could also be that it is merely human nature to invent the concepts of good and evil. In the absence of understanding those mysterious forces could be used to explain why good and bad things happen. I'd like to think we are past that as species but clearly we are not.

• Like 2

So, Ray Kurzweil introduced you to the concepts of Moore's law and you concluded all of that? By the way, Moore's law does not describe exponential growth but linear growth (slope of 2x) in the number of transistors that can be packed into a unit area of silicon. The result of which is the potential doubling of computing power every 18 months. That does not translate to commensurate growth in overall technology. Your assumption is flawed in that regard.

It could also be that it is merely human nature to invent the concepts of good and evil. In the absence of understanding those mysterious forces could be used to explain why good and bad things happen. I'd like to think we are past that as species but clearly we are not.

I made a mistake in saying exponential growth so I apologize. In the movie transcendant man author ray kurzweil talks about how moores law could potenetally lead to exponential growth once machines start improving on their own desigs. If we do find life elsewhere in the universe it could be robotic, if I believed in that sort of thing that is.

There's a point where moores law is supposed to breakdown but due to advancements in technology it has not. However I think we might actually already be seeing exponential growth in how many transistors fit on a microchip.

When looking back in history, It started out with the Hebrew religion. Then Christians came along

and borrowed from the Hebrews but made variations. Then Islam came along and borrowed with their variations. Then Christian Catholics compile

the Holy Bible at the Council of Nicaea. Then centuries later Martin Luther separated from the church and formed the Protestant Lutherans which

they removed books from the original cannon. With all that altering of a doctrine over the centuries I can see why peoples faith would be tested.

It's a miracle that the bible survived down through the ages. The reason so many people put their lives on the line to preserve the accurate and literal translation of the bible could only have been because they thought it had divine inspiration in its origins. Many christians endured extreme persecution to save the bible writings.

UFO doe not mean Alien! it just means an aircraft can't be identified

Like it nor not, the word is kind of synonmous with alien spaceship. Arguing semantics never looks pretty.