Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is this Jack the Ripper ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

THIS could be the face of serial killer Jack the Ripper, according to forensic experts.
Police put together the e-fit from witness statements as part of a probe into the murderer for TV.
And officers believe today's techniques would have nailed the man who butchered prostitutes in Victorian London.
Met police re-examined the killings. Former Deputy Commissioner John Grieve created the e-fit. He said: "There's a misconception nobody saw the killer. That's not the case."
Jack the Ripper: The First Serial Killer - on Five tomorrow at 8pm - claims he was from an ordinary background, blowing the myth he might have been royal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

interesting that they think he was "hispanic"  when this was 1880 britian, most people were white.

and a nice little website : http://www.antisuper...jackripper.html

A great deal of speculation has surrounded a recent Channel 5 programme which purported to show the face of Jack the Ripper. Experts, so the program claimed, had examined 13 statements taken from witnesses who may have seen Jack the Ripper with his victims shortly before their bodies were discovered and had come up with an image of the the face of Jack the Ripper. Laura Richards, head of analysis at Scotland Yard’s violent crime unit, which conducted the study, said: ‘For the first time, we are able to understand the kind of person Jack the Ripper was. We can name the street where lived, what he looked like and we can explain, finally, why he eluded justice.’ The experts included former Metropolitan Police Commander John Grieve (the same John Grieve it should be said who told Patricia Cornwall that Walter Sickert, the artist, was an “interesting chap you might want to check out.”)

( i really reccomend this site : http://www.jack-the-...the-ripper where the above text came from, relly worth the look)

Edited by CuriousLittleOne, 09 May 2013 - 02:54 PM.
Trimmed for length

Posted Image

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,034 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

"Hispanic" or perhaps "Mediterranean"...

Hutchinson's testimony is interesting (and this is the first I'd ever read it - so thanks for posting)... Apparently he knew Mary Kelly, and was concerned about her due to the previous murders... At least that's what I get out of it...

I agree it's a bit unfair to "bash" the police of the time... They did the best they could under the circumstances and the tech of the day...

Assuming Hutchinson's testimony is accurate/truthful, perhaps the "pale man" was Mary's last non-violent customer (she was a prostitute?)...  Did they ever fix a time of death for her?...

(note: incidently, that last link does not work for me)

Edited by Taun, 09 May 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#3    billyf

billyf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

• "I think that god in creating man somewhat over estimated his ability." Oscar Wilde

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

the link is not working for me either....

so long and thanks for all the fish

#4    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

POPULAR

That doesn't look like VIncent van Gogh.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 09 May 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

That doesn't look like VIncent van Gogh.

You got there just before i did

Wheres Dale Larner?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

aparently there was a video game from the sherlock holmes franchise that focuses on jack.... might be worth a look? :unsure2:

Posted Image

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Jack the Ripper dolls for sale:

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 09 May 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Jack the Ripper dolls for sale:

Posted Image

i really should not laugh at this :P

Posted Image

#9    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,661 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Looks like Freddie Mercury to me!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,754 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postealdwita, on 09 May 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Looks like Freddie Mercury to me!

So glad you pointed that out. I was beginning to think I was crazy.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#11    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,661 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

An Hispanic or 'Mediterranian-looking' man wouldn't have been so unusual in London, considering it was one of the busiest sea-ports in the world at the time, with all manner of nationalities of sailors and adventurers passing through.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#12    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

An Hispanic Jew?

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#13    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I got the second link... http://www.jack-the-...jack-the-ripper

Interesting reading :tu:

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,313 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

What a load of tosh! here are the extracts from the witness statements, how could they have possibly drawn a profile from these and come up with the profile that they have here?

Mary Nochols:
The police appear to have made attempts to trace Mulshaw’s mystery informant but their enquiries proved unsuccessful.

Annie Chapman: from 2 witness statements:
The veracity of this sighting is difficult if not impossible to ascertain.
She hadn’t seen the man’s face, only his back, but she described him as being of foreign appearance with a dark complexion.

Elizabeth Stride: different witness accounts:
He had a black moustache, sandy eyelashes and was wearing a black morning suit together with a billycock hat.
He was around 5 feet 6 inches tall clean shaven, and respectably dressed. He wore a Small, black, cutaway coat, dark trousers, and a round cap with a small sailor-like peak.
The man, he said, was aged about thirty five, was around 5 feet 7 inches tall, and was of stout square-build. He wore a wide-awake hat, dark clothes and had a clerkly appearance,
The man was approximately 28 years old, with a dark complexion and a small dark moustache. He was about five foot seven inches tall, had on a dark overcoat, a hard, felt, deerstalker, dark hat, and ark clothing.
According to Scwharz, the man was about 5 feet, 5 inches tall, aged around 30 with dark hair, a fair complexion, a small brown moustache.

Catherine Eddowes: 2 witness statements:
In his hurry to get away he paid the couple scant attention and was unable to furnish a description of either of them, although he did say that the man may have been three or so inches taller than the woman.
Although the street lighting wasn’t particularly good, he caught a brief glimpse of the man’s face and was able to provide police with a description. He had the appearance of a sailor and was aged about 30. He was around 5 feet 9 inches tall, of medium build. He had a fair complexion, and a small fair moustache.

Mary Kelly:
The man was aged about 36, was 5 feet 5 inches tall, he had a fresh complexion and, so she thought, a blotchy face. He had side whiskers, a thick carroty moustache, was dressed in shabby dark clothes, dark overcoat and black felt hat.
According to her police statement, as she approached the court there was a man standing against the lodging house on the opposite side of Dorset Street, although she was unable to describe him. but this was changed when she had to go and write out the police statement to: He was short, pale faced, with a black small moustache, about forty years of age.

This is the last paragraph of the article:
So these are the witnesses who may have seen the face of Jack the Ripper and was from among these that the experts pieced together the face of the murderer, a face that bears an uncanny resemblance to the late Freddie Mercury!

#15    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

What a load of tosh! here are the extracts from the witness statements, how could they have possibly drawn a profile from these and come up with the profile that they have here?

Mary Nochols:
The police appear to have made attempts to trace Mulshaw’s mystery informant but their enquiries proved unsuccessful.

Annie Chapman: from 2 witness statements:
The veracity of this sighting is difficult if not impossible to ascertain.
She hadn’t seen the man’s face, only his back, but she described him as being of foreign appearance with a dark complexion.

Elizabeth Stride: different witness accounts:
He had a black moustache, sandy eyelashes and was wearing a black morning suit together with a billycock hat.
He was around 5 feet 6 inches tall clean shaven, and respectably dressed. He wore a Small, black, cutaway coat, dark trousers, and a round cap with a small sailor-like peak.
The man, he said, was aged about thirty five, was around 5 feet 7 inches tall, and was of stout square-build. He wore a wide-awake hat, dark clothes and had a clerkly appearance,
The man was approximately 28 years old, with a dark complexion and a small dark moustache. He was about five foot seven inches tall, had on a dark overcoat, a hard, felt, deerstalker, dark hat, and ark clothing.
According to Scwharz, the man was about 5 feet, 5 inches tall, aged around 30 with dark hair, a fair complexion, a small brown moustache.

Catherine Eddowes: 2 witness statements:
In his hurry to get away he paid the couple scant attention and was unable to furnish a description of either of them, although he did say that the man may have been three or so inches taller than the woman.
Although the street lighting wasn’t particularly good, he caught a brief glimpse of the man’s face and was able to provide police with a description. He had the appearance of a sailor and was aged about 30. He was around 5 feet 9 inches tall, of medium build. He had a fair complexion, and a small fair moustache.

Mary Kelly:
The man was aged about 36, was 5 feet 5 inches tall, he had a fresh complexion and, so she thought, a blotchy face. He had side whiskers, a thick carroty moustache, was dressed in shabby dark clothes, dark overcoat and black felt hat.
According to her police statement, as she approached the court there was a man standing against the lodging house on the opposite side of Dorset Street, although she was unable to describe him. but this was changed when she had to go and write out the police statement to: He was short, pale faced, with a black small moustache, about forty years of age.

This is the last paragraph of the article:
So these are the witnesses who may have seen the face of Jack the Ripper and was from among these that the experts pieced together the face of the murderer, a face that bears an uncanny resemblance to the late Freddie Mercury!

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH lol pfffffft to the last sentence!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users