Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curiosity rover finds ‘flower’ on mars

seeder

personally I dont think so, but what a cool headline!

http://news.yahoo.co...-220649001.html

and

http://www.dailymail...suggest-be.html

what do you think? And surely there'd be more than one in same area...

Edited by seeder

Does it really look very much like a Flower? It could well be some sort of rock formation, or crystal or something.

Does it really look very much like a Flower? It could well be some sort of rock formation, or crystal or something.

well in fairness the word 'flower' wasn't used by anyone at NASA...

Mars is a wasteland... probably created by some type of nuclear holocaust. NASA will try to hide all the planks of wood, plastics etc that the rover photographs... to keep us all from absolute panic. Do you think they have sent that rover up there to study clay ??? ....... They are studying the former civilization... or whats left of it...... and pretending to us that ......once again.,.. we are the SOLE occupants of this universe.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Headline grabbing trash!!

I wish people wouldn't waste other peoples time by headlineing some random fleck of rock as a Flower.

Edited to add. My gripe is against those so-called news sources, not the op.

Edited by Professor T

Mars is a wasteland... probably created by some type of nuclear holocaust. NASA will try to hide all the planks of wood, plastics etc that the rover photographs... to keep us all from absolute panic. Do you think they have sent that rover up there to study clay ??? ....... They are studying the former civilization... or whats left of it...... and pretending to us that ......once again.,.. we are the SOLE occupants of this universe.

I believe all pics and data from the rovers are released into the public domain... (public as opposed to secret).....why should they hide anything?

I believe all pics and data from the rovers are released into the public domain... (public as opposed to secret).....why should they hide anything?

Not all are released.... and some that are released... have weird black data blanks.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Headline grabbing trash!!

I wish people wouldn't waste other peoples time by headlinging some random fleck of rock as a Flower.

Edited to add. My gripe is against those so-called news sources, not the op.

Thanks for making that clear!!

• Like 1

It is a tissue dropped by an alien who had a runny nose. If it were a flower there would be several of them, because there must be a breeding population if a life form is to survive.

Edited by me-wonders

Oh, you'd be surprised. According to some there's two quite distinct levels being done by NASA; the 'public' side, releasing boring pictures of rock, and the more exciting, secret side, that's concentrating in explroing the ruins of cities & technology.

• Like 2

Ugh.

• Like 3

I see nothing interesting. I just looks like a crystal formation peaking out of that bed of rock. Its crazy the things people "see" in these Mars pics.

• Like 1

Not all are released.... and some that are released... have weird black data blanks.....

You will now give examples..

Before doing so, I strongly suggest you do a little more research (especially into the reasons for those 'data blanks'), or this isn't going to go well for you...

• Like 3

I'd like to comment on this but I don't even believe in Mars. But seriously, what ever is in that picture looks to be the size of a toe nail clipping or smaller. How they got 'flower' out of it I have no idea.

I'd like to comment on this but I don't even believe in Mars. But seriously, what ever is in that picture looks to be the size of a toe nail clipping or smaller. How they got 'flower' out of it I have no idea.

Yeh but bear in mind NASA didn't call it a flower...it was someone at ATS according to the story. but if you see the full sized raw image here

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00132/mhli/0132MH0158001000E1_DXXX.jpg

and do a diagonal to the top right corner at full zoom, it looks like there is another 'bit', so most likely just something crystalline in the rock...

seriously tho - what does anyone expect to see? Daffodils?

Yeh but bear in mind NASA didn't call it a flower...it was someone at ATS according to the story. but if you see the full sized raw image here

http://mars.jpl.nasa...1000E1_DXXX.jpg

and do a diagonal to the top right corner at full zoom, it looks like there is another 'bit', so most likely just something crystalline in the rock...

seriously tho - what does anyone expect to see? Daffodils?

roses! bright red roses!
  • Like 1

It surely is just some form of crystaline protrusion. But even that is more interesting than the endless pictures of dusty rock etc. Ooens up questions as to what it's forned from, etc...

I'd like to comment on this but I don't even believe in Mars.

Me either. It's a bunch of crap.

I already said It was a Cicada on the Space and Grace Thread ! We put it there to mess wit da NASA guys & Gals ! :alien::cry:

I though Allan Boyle's comment was good, first thing I thought it looked like was a wrapper as well.

This is very interesting indeed, have we something new altogether? I hope so.

From the link, this really caught my eye:

This is the SECOND TRANSLUCENT ANOMALY detected by Curiosity in Gale Crater.”

Me either. It's a bunch of crap.

From Uranus
  • Like 3