Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Canada

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#166    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, potheads should be passive and caring; not hateful blind-hearted jerks.  I blame religion for thiss rash of bigotry.

#167    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:37 PM

I'm afraid it is very hard not to blame religion...although I also blame the education system. As my good buddy Shady pointed out on another thread, homosexuality is basically taboo in education at the moment...which is largly why so many people grow up with such a shocking lack of understanding of it.

I could tell you what causes homosexuality...I could tell you how it happens, what makes it happen, the odds of it happening, and while I'm at it, I'd explain why men have nipples. I know this because, rather than being an ignorant (and probably bible driven) bigot, I did what many of these people have likely never done in their lives...I picked up a book and read about it.

To me, homosexuality is just like the colour of a person's eyes or hair...or whether they're left or right handed...it's simply a characteristic that they're born with, and is utterly meaningless to me in evaluating them as a person. This is part due to the fact that I educated myself, and got my facts straight...something others would rather forgoe, and instead scream "homosexuals are an abomination because god says so!"

Well, research says otherwise. Go read a book that actually talks sense for a change.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#168    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

I'm gonna be the party pooper I'm afraid.

We've done this subject to death so many times now I really don't see the point in going over the same old arguments yet again.

Thread closed

thumbsup.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users