Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peppa Pig song branded racist.

George Ford

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/26/couple-thrown-off-bus-and-branded-racists-for-singing-peppa-pig-theme-to-baby-4882931/

"A Rotherham couple were asked to get off a bus and called racists for singing the Peppa Pig theme tune to their 15-month-old autistic daughter, it has been claimed.

Nick Barnfield and Sarah Cleaves claim they were travelling on a bus from Sheffield when a fellow passenger, who was reportedly wearing a hijab, took offence to the snorting sounds in the theme music, saying they were a reference to pork being forbidden by Islam." ~ Quote from above article.

IMO if the ignorant Muslim woman is offended by a perfectly innocent kids song with grunting noises then she should start saving for a plane ticket so she can go and live in an Islamic country. They need to find who she is and charge her with intolerance and spreading hatred, except they'll never find her because she was wearing something to disguise her face. I'm glad I was not on the bus as there is no way that couple would have gotten off. I would have made the Muslim get off if she started acting racist and telling other people what to do.

• Like 7

It seems as time goes on these days, intolerance is going through the roof. And it seems the most intolerant are minorities, and liberals. When you're in public, your exposed to many many different people, opinions, and beliefs, so take a chill pill, suck it up or ******* stay home.

• Like 8

http://metro.co.uk/2...o-baby-4882931/

"A Rotherham couple were asked to get off a bus and called racists for singing the Peppa Pig theme tune to their 15-month-old autistic daughter, it has been claimed.

Nick Barnfield and Sarah Cleaves claim they were travelling on a bus from Sheffield when a fellow passenger, who was reportedly wearing a hijab, took offence to the snorting sounds in the theme music, saying they were a reference to pork being forbidden by Islam." ~ Quote from above article.

IMO if the ignorant Muslim woman is offended by a perfectly innocent kids song with grunting noises then she should start saving for a plane ticket so she can go and live in an Islamic country. They need to find who she is and charge her with intolerance and spreading hatred, except they'll never find her because she was wearing something to disguise her face. I'm glad I was not on the bus as there is no way that couple would have gotten off. I would have made the Muslim get off if she started acting racist and telling other people what to do.

I'm thinking the couple with the special needs child should sue the **** out of the bus driver and company. Are we so programmed that the fear of some goof calling us racist or intolerant makes our common sense vanish and we replace it with plain stupidity. And regardless of what is PC or not, for right or wrong, or good or bad, and although frowned upon by the majority of society, you do have a right to your beliefs and if that includes disrespect towards someone based on their race, sexual orientation or political views so be it. Personally I don't and never have cared what color someone is or who they sleep with or who they do or do not pray to, but if they are left leaning obama voting PC spewing liberal goofs, I have a problem. Is that intolerant?, maybe in your eyes, but I don't care.

• Like 1

There was something similar that happened I think in Glasgow a while back. Damned if I can recall the precise details, but it ended up with the poor offended lamb having to put up with the bus full of passengers all singing whatever it was that offended them!

• Like 2

I might be ignorant in this but... I thought it was eating pork that was a no-no by those of the faith. And people not of the faith mentioning pigs isn't a no-no because they aren't of the faith?

• Like 2

It seems certain minority groups are becoming what Pat Condell called professional victims.

I think someone should sing the same tune when they get arrested, and see if the police see the funny side...

http://metro.co.uk/2...o-baby-4882931/

"it has been claimed" so did it actually happen or not? or was there another factor in this?

"it has been claimed" so did it actually happen or not? or was there another factor in this?

No, I think it's news-speak for you don't have a verifiable story.

• Like 1

I hope this obviously devout woman had her husband's permission to be out of the house, and was dutifully accompanied by a male relative in order to protect her/make sure she doesn't falter in her duties.

• Like 5

The couple with the autistic baby shouldn't of left the bus. They should've stayed on it because they paid their fayre and if that Muslim woman didn't like it, assuming she knows nothing of children's television, she should've got off the bus instead.

• Like 1

The couple with the autistic baby shouldn't of left the bus. They should've stayed on it because they paid their fayre and if that Muslim woman didn't like it, assuming she knows nothing of children's television, she should've got off the bus instead.

Exactly. This is really a bunch of nonsense. If this Muslim lady wants to live in a country where nothing outside of her culture/religion is ever mentioned then she needs to return to her country of origin.

• Like 7

Exactly. This is really a bunch of nonsense. If this Muslim lady wants to live in a country where nothing outside of her culture/religion is ever mentioned then she needs to return to her country of origin.

Exactly so! If they require such an insular lifestyle then why did they venture away from their comfort zone? Could it be they wanted what Anjem Choudary referred to as "their zakat"? That the west owes them free $ as Jizyah for being "allowed" to not be Muslim? This silliness will spread to the extent it is allowed to. I have no fear of it troubling me anywhere near where I live. We tend to be polite down here in the deep south but that doesn't mean we can be pushed ;)
  • Like 3

Good god, are things in Rotherham that bad. First they have muslim paedo gangs, now this. Are muslims untouchable in Rotherham?

I truly dread to think what this country will be like when the muslim population outnumbers the indigenous population, we'll probably have segregated buses with non-muslims made to sit at the back.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

The bus driver is saying a different thing

"We’re speaking with our driver and with the customer to clarify the circumstances in which they left the bus. At this point I’m not in a position to confirm that they were forced to leave.

‘It is clear they left the vehicle. The driver responded to a customer complaint on the service. There was a single complaint from a passenger, she was an Asian lady.’

‘The driver told us he heard no reference to racism but we are investigating the incident and have not yet drawn a conclusion.’"

• Like 1

So who is being racist here?

The family just doing their normal thing and entertaining their child?

Or?

The women who can't exercise any tolerant attitude toward a family that isn't muslim nor would likely care that she was before she mad an issue out of a non-issue.

• Like 1

If Peppa Pig offends your religion, it seems to me it would be time to rethink your faith.