Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alice Gross search: Police find body in river

seeder

Police investigating the disappearance of teenager Alice Gross say a body has been found in a west London river.

Officers recovered the body from the River Brent on Tuesday night, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed.

The 14-year-old's family have been updated on the development. Alice, from Hanwell, was last seen on 28 August.

Formal identification is yet to take place. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course, police said.

Alice was last captured on CCTV walking along the towpath next to the Grand Union Canal as it passes under Trumpers Way at 4.26pm, but has not been seen since.

Convicted murderer Arnis Zalkalns, 41, from Latvia, remains the prime suspect in the case. He was filmed cycling along the canal 15 minutes after Alice and went missing from his Ealing home on 3 September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29437697

So sorry young un

• Like 1

Yes, very sad. They just found the body of missing realtor (after she went to show a house) here. Murdered. The man arrested said he did it because she was rich and alone at the time.

We work so hard to raise money to cure diseases, I wonder where we are as far as "curing" violent psychopathy?

• Like 3

Very sad indeed. It's stating the obvious I know, but it seems our politicians are quite happy to allow any old riff-raff to come & live here.

I saw his (the murderer) brother in the paper last week saying that he wasn't a bad person. If Alice Gross was my daughter I'd fly to over to Latvia & kill his whole ******g family.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Very sad indeed. It's stating the obvious I know, but it seems our politicians are quite happy to allow any old riff-raff to come & live here.

Agreed! Its also strange how he hasnt used his bank account and didnt have his passport. Hopefully he's hung himself in some deserted barn..

• Like 1

I saw his (the murderer) brother in the paper last week saying that he wasn't a bad person. If Alice Gross was my daughter I'd fly to over to Latvia & kill his whole ******g family.

he wouldn't care, he has killed is wife

very sad state of affairs. I went for a walk down the River Brent the other day. I saw all the missing posters (as you can imagine they are everywhere around here) and I'd unknowingly walked past her body. Which means so had whoever had put up the missing posters. Must be galling for the family.

It doesn't take Sherlock to know the missing Latvian did it. The question is, will they ever find him, and if they do, will they be able to nick him...

• Like 1

he wouldn't care, he has killed is wife

Yes, but i'd feel better.

Why should the relatives be punished for what that scumbag did?

Questions need to be asked about the Met's workings... This poor girl's body was found where they'd been extensively searching for days - how did it take so long to find her? Trying to remember the name of the poor murdered girl whose body was hidden in her grannies home, and again where the police initially failed to find her despite an extensive search of the place.

• Like 1

Questions need to be asked about the Met's workings... This poor girl's body was found where they'd been extensively searching for days - how did it take so long to find her? Trying to remember the name of the poor murdered girl whose body was hidden in her grannies home, and again where the police initially failed to find her despite an extensive search of the place.

Incompetence of searchers. Or body might be stuck between something.

The delays in finding her stopped the UK from having enough evidence to issue a European arrest warrant for the main suspect. Tipped off by the press you can bet he is out of the UK now and could have passed through numerous countries without fear of being arrested.

He may never be caught now.

The delays in finding her stopped the UK from having enough evidence to issue a European arrest warrant for the main suspect. Tipped off by the press you can bet he is out of the UK now and could have passed through numerous countries without fear of being arrested.

He may never be caught now.

maybe the fact he hasnt got his passport with him, will slow him down

Breaking news

Body found in Alice Gross suspect search. Police searching for Arnis Zalkalns, the man suspected of killing Alice Gross, have found a body in west London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-29492356

No confirmation if its the killer or not, but... fingers crossed he hung himself

Edited by seeder

TV news update, cops 'believe' its the killer...but need to confirm everything, plus inform the killers family first...if it is him

Ha, the Mirror isnt holding back..typical tabloid

Alice Gross murder: Prime suspect Arnis Zalkalns found DEAD in West London

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alice-gross-murder-prime-suspect-4377934#ixzz3FBtNNKFa

Yes, very sad. They just found the body of missing realtor (after she went to show a house) here. Murdered. The man arrested said he did it because she was rich and alone at the time.

We work so hard to raise money to cure diseases, I wonder where we are as far as "curing" violent psychopathy?

What if you could tell a child was going to grow up to be a psychopath when they were still infants, would you kill the infant?

What if you could tell a child was going to grow up to be a psychopath when they were still infants, would you kill the infant?

Absolutely not. Where would infanticide stop?

Not all psychopaths are violent. And besides, who knows if we will ever be able to definitively diagnose something like that in an infant.

We can already diagnose "psychopathic" characteristics and sociopathy in children and teens. OR if you disagree with that, we can at least diagnose troubling behaviors in the young. And while this does not mean they are or will be psychopaths as adults , imo they should receive treatment for their behaviors. And that is much easier said than done. Even in the USA.

Edited by QuiteContrary

TV news confirmed the body found was the latvian murderer, he had hung himself