Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Retrograde Dreams

dwn2earth_girl

Hello!

I've been having a lot of dreams about dreams and dreams about places I've dreamed about before....

For instance: I started having a dream about going through some of my old things, in my old house, in my old bedroom. I found an old child's diary thing that I had dreamed about writing and drawing in as a child. I decided to look through it and the pictures and story I wrote in the 1st dream where there and I started 'remembering' the story I wrote that was about me and some girl having a video-game-type adventure.

When I woke up I realized the girl from my dreams 13 years ago, is now my best friend ever.

So i basically had a dream about remembering another dream.....

Example #2: Last night I was dreaming about taking a little road trip (with my best friend.. I'd been at her house last night so I figured that's why she was in this one too) and I decided to take her to this house I'd been to in a dream a couple of years before I'd met her. You had to go down an old field road and drive through this persons yard. They were always outside trying to warn you away from this house.

That was why I went to check it out in the first dream was because I'm into the paranormal (ghosts, demons, etc) and wanted to see how bad this house really was. Anyway, I took a little paddle boat to the house in the 1st dream and 'stayed the night there' (Now usually I don't have nightmares because once I realize things are getting scary I realize I'm asleep and change the outcome of the dream) and it really freaked me out. Like I had a creepy feeling all day long after I woke up because of the things that went on in that house during the dream.

So last night I decided I was going to take my friend to this creepy house. We were on the shore of the body of water when I got woke up. I dozed back off and had a mini dream about being at my friends house and telling her that no, I'd never go back to that creepy house and she wasn't going there either cause it was too dangerous.

This time I basically was going to revisit a place and changed my mind. What I'm confused about is WHY I keep going back to these places. I do it all the time and it's getting more frequent.

Thanks for any input!

• Like 1

I dont think you're are alone in this..

I've had quite a few that are very similar, reminicent, retro, reminders..

To be honest I don't really know why, but believe that I'm being shown that things are changing and moving towards some form of conclusion or readiness.

I would add though, that imo any dream that's showing you something negative needs to be heeded or resolved.

• Like 1

I use to keep dreaming I was back in school, which I hated, and when I would wake up I was so relieved. You can dream about anything.

I dont think you're are alone in this..

I've had quite a few that are very similar, reminicent, retro, reminders..

To be honest I don't really know why, but believe that I'm being shown that things are changing and moving towards some form of conclusion or readiness.

I would add though, that imo any dream that's showing you something negative needs to be heeded or resolved.

Glad to see I'm not alone! :lol:

Perhaps you are right about the 'changing'. If so I hope any life changes going on will be more on the positive side of things lol...

I wouldn't know how to proceed in resolving negative dreams. I would say 99% of my dreams that I would consider nightmares are actually about things that make me uncomfortable in real life (like zombies attacking my family and me not being able to protect them, spirits and entities that I can't get rid of). I usually just assume that my mind re-creates things to remind me of what some of my fears are. :unsure2:

I actually just wish I knew when these dreams had started because I've only been having them for a few months. I just wonder if maybe there is a certain star alignment or something that might affect my dreams for the time being. ^_^

Hi,

Dream consultants tell us that what we consider nightmares are actually aspects of the self wanting to assist you with things in real life that make you uncomfortable. Your deepest desire is to live a happy and adventurous fear free life.

This time I basically was going to revisit a place and changed my mind. What I'm confused about is WHY I keep going back to these places. I do it all the time and it's getting more frequent.

Essentially you want to resolve something, as I see these things.

John