Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Ghost Photos...

MostlyGhostly

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MostlyGhostly

• Bizarro

• Althalus

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im a bit skeptical of the skeleton in the window. seems too convient and 2 dimensionally visible. the other orbs seem like flash created manifestations. take some photos during the daylight hours and see if you still get orbs.

the one i have a hard time explaining is the large one, but i still doubt its real because ive yet to see a negative or something that i could examine closer. seems photoshop to me.

please don't take my skepticism the wrong way, its just that i have quite high standards and have seen many fakes smile.gif

There are no negatives since all the photos were taken with a digital camera.

The huge orb really startled me when it appeared on my viewscreen but I can assure you that it isn't any debris on the lens or directly in front of the camera.

If you were to enhance the picture you should be able to see inconsistancies between the orb and the picture if it were placed there using a photo editing program. The graininess (due to the camera being on a zoom setting) would have made it even harder to fake smile.gif

Thanks for the critism though. The skeleton is a little far fetched, but I though I'd add it for the benefit of the doubt.

Hi MostlyGhostly... really liked your photos..

Never seen an orb like the one you have with the dog.... look forward to seeing more. :-)

Kelly

Yeah, everybody who sees the photo of thr huge orb that's in front of the dog (who knows about orbs) expresses extreme shock and adulation that one was caught like that!

I liked the photo's you put up, but the skeleton seemed to me to be a bit to vivid in the window, especially after it was enhanced by flipping it.

The pic of the dog looking at the orb, well after looking at the pic, I have to say that I personally think that the dog is looking at the camera and not the orb, which just happens to appear in the pic in front of the dog, as the dog only seems to be looking at it with one eye.

the one that impressed me the most is the pic of the big orb, although it does seem to have rings in it, that run parrallel to the edge.

But other than that, thanks for sharing.

I've enhanced the huge orb in that picture which some have claimed is one of the best orb photos ever taken. Enhanced it looks like this:

user posted image

The feature that I've never seen before is the 2nd skin just inside from the outer layer. I love the plasmaesque flame effect that's coming from the surface too smile.gif

I remeber seeing a UFO photo a few years ago that looked similar to the enlarged pic above, it too was a sphere that had two layers, the only difference was that the UFO was a lot bigger than the one on this pic.

Althalus,

Are you referring to the Derbyshire UFO? unsure.gif

post-10-1041461284.gif

i added a reply to this topic the other night that was lost in transfer so i feel i should type it up again:

i enhanced your orb photo and have found a few things that lead me to believe it is either 1. fake or 2. caused by your camera. the main reason i believe it is faked is that it is precisely positioned on the dog's jet black coat- against which it has little background to make faking it a messy job. in fact, it follows the contours of the dog with such precision that it never strays off the black at all. i find that too convient. all one would have to do is find an "orb" pic and then layer it with a transparent background over the conviently negative area of the dog's black fur. id say a 5-10 minute job at most.

i also believe it could be a result of using a flash with a digital camera. i see dozens of 'ghost' photos claiming these type of predictable occurances are proof of a haunting. nonsense! i can make an orb photo very easily by taking a picture with a flash on in the right conditions. flash orbs are not ghosts. i have personally taken 100's of photographs in "haunted" locations and have ONE unexplained pic out of all of them- i would make sure not to use a flash at all and never take a pic where lighting would produce that effect. if you want to prove you have a real ghost get a real camera and take a real picture. when your negative shows something abnormal, i might believe you have something unexplainable. negatives that contain abnormalities are really hard to fake- since chemicals react in a predictable manner and the process is out of our hands. some faked negatives exist but they are the result of a great deal of effort that the common hoaxer would not exhibit the patience to create- much less submit to public scrutiny by experts.

and on a side note... i am always skeptical of any new visitor to this forum with an anonymous name presenting ghost photos. i use my real name because i don't feel the need to hide away behind an alias when i post something. maybe you should spend some more time working on your reputation before you make grand claims of your pic being the 'best orb pic ever'. just who made those claims? who has put your pic through scrutiny?

BAH....

Schwartz,

He isn't exactly a new visitor, he's visited our site in the past under several other member names, with similar claims. Here's a link to an older post;

CLICK HERE

You have to give him credit, he certainly is tenacious, considering the response he received the first time. There are many here dubious about any connection between 'orb' photos and the supernatural, ghosts and/or spirits, which is why there wasn't much in the way of response to his post, except those unfamiliar with his previous visits. No harm done, really, people will believe what they see, no matter what others opinions are, won't they? unsure.gif

As a sidenote, he isn't anonymous either, if you were to visit his website where the pictures are located, his full name is at the bottom of the page. I think you owe someone an apology.

Magikman smile.gif

Opps, thought I was logged in when I posted that, sorry. tongue.gif

Why must people think that every time somebody posts a photo which contains an anomalie they think it's faked. I admit though that there are sad people out there who think that if they can create a fraudulent picture good enough to fool people then it makes them popular. I believe fraudulent pictures should ONLY be created to see if any effects can be achieved during controlled conditions.

I'm also surprised of your instant dismissal of orbs. Orbs are deemed a paranormal phenomena because they're something that science has not yet caught up with to explain rationally. You've only got to look at the millions of digitally taken photos to realise that it can't just be dust or reflections or lens flares etc. They are a documented phenomena - but this doesn't mean that they are spiritual.

I personally believe that orbs are balls of pure energy. How they are created I don't know, but I feel that they could be very weak forms of ball lightning (something else scientists thought was a hoax until just a couple of years ago).

Since normal film cameras only capture images using pure light, it's kind of a what-you-see-is-what-you-get type of thing. The light that goes through the lens is the light that is developed onto the film. Since orbs have no physiciality to them they do not have a mass for light to rebound from. Hence they're invisible to the naked eye.

However, digital photography uses a different way to take pictures. I believe that infra red technology is used within them to create more finely defined pictures. This is why you always get a crisp image with a digital camera - even if the camera is being shaken at the time (this is a conclusion following my own research using my own digital camera). Infra red technology can also photograph temperatures. Since orbs are a ball of energy then they should surely give off some kind of heat - therefore infra red cameras should be able to detect them. This is evident in digital photography and night-vision cameras.

Orbs are real.

It was like the comment made by the discoverer of Rods. He said that because we're such an "advanced" race, we immediately have to claim that any phenomena that scientists have not found to exist must therefore be a hoax. If scientists were more open minded to the paranormal side of science, then perhaps many new types of phenomena would be discovered.

"orbs are real"...

turn off your flash and show me an orb- i guarantee that your orbs are the result of reflected light. the round/ball shape is the exact same shape you see when you point a camera towards the sun- video camera or regular camera. the spots you see are the result of a camera having a round lens and light shining into that lens. when you take a photograph using a flash, you don't have to be in front of a mirror to get that reflected light- it can come sideways from any reflective surface or even something light colored. ive gotten orbs when using a flash in a room with just a white wall that is out of view of the picture.

i am a university trained photographer. i have studied more books on photographic effects than A LOT of people. i also have my own darkroom in my apartment where i develop my own pictures- so i know a thing or two about what light does to a photograph. i also know a thing or two about flashes and when and where they should be used. most 'orb' photos are the result of using a flash when there is enough light not to need one or far too much space to light with one. flashes are notorious for producing this effect and if you have them it is considered more a reflection of your lack of skill than something unexplained. i find it ironic that orb photos are pushed as ghosts or energy when all you really have to look at is the shape and tell it is light causing the effect.

btw. you never answered my question about who is calling your photo the best orb photo ever...

smile.gif

Here is the topic in a different message forum which you so early wish to see : http://pub105.ezboard.com/fghostystudyloun...icID=1795.topic

I personally have never seen a light relection with an outer skin and inner texture. Instead whenever I capture them on my camera I can instantly tell that they are what I have captured because they appear as dull balls of white with absolutely no texture to them whatsoever. I've also seen light reflections appear as hexagonals.

I have never seen a light relection be able to move on its own accord as orbs do in numerous videos shot using infra red 'night-vision' video camera technology.

I have never seen light reflections be able to move so fast that they can appear as a blur in a photo which only had a shutter speed of microseconds.

There was a television program on a few years ago called "The Worlds Scariest Ghosts ever Caught on Camera". One particular article focused on orbs that were being captured on camera. A respected scientist was at the evening to try and capture any details about what they could be. Using a laser thermometer he was able to conclusively state that these 'light reflections' as you call them were about 10 degrees hotter than their surroundings, which led him to conclude that they were in fact balls of pure energy.

Don't get me wrong. I value all aspects of scepicism. However, it sometimes fustrates me a little when certain people announce that certain phenomena is a light reflection or dust or whatever, and then never go into why they think this. In other words, a closed-minded skepic. (Not that I'm accusing you of being one smile.gif)

As the old saying goes - "To the believer, no proof is necessary. To the skeptic, no proof is available."

wow. 10 degrees hotter than their environment? i wonder what chemicals they use in a flashbulb. could the flash be 10 degrees hotter than the environment? could a flash be a source of energy that produces an aura? hmm.

ive seen a ghost once. i know it wasnt an orb. im not skeptical of the phenomenon, but rather people who look to make me look bad for believing by faking ghost pictures. ghosts are VERY rare. i judge this by the fact that in my whole life i have only seen one. ive even gone hunting ghosts only to come up totally empty time and time again. when i see a website of some ghost hunting group that touts their orb pics as ghosts i sincerely doubt they are seeing ghosts. you can't see ghosts every little field trip you take a group on, so naturally they have to embellish their claims. the 'orb' photos provide that ability. you can claim an orb is a ghost and keep foolish people interested in your little ghost hunter cult and thus maintain your outlandish lifestyle and popularity. it doesn't make what you are seeing a ghost.

sure, every little sect of society can find some scientist to justify their belief structure- look at the Raelians- but it doesnt make them any more real than if only one person believed it. im telling you as a photographer that your orbs are flash created phenomenon. whether you choose to believe that or not is your right, but just give taking your photos without the flash a shot and see the proof smile.gif

I will tell you this again. Although I believe that orbs exist, I do NOT believe that they are extra-terrestial in origin.

I believe that they are an extremely weakened version of ball ligntning. The scientific findings I highlighted in my previous posting can be used to confirm this suspicion.

May I ask how a flash on a camera can make the entire room 10 degrees hotter when a photo is taken? I personally have felt no such heat when people have photographed me with both digital and analogue cameras.

I have trouble accepting that some orbs are merely 'light-reflections' as you continually claim they are. Although I believe that the majority that are captured can be attributed to natural causes (for example, I've seen a number of ghost investigation sites displaying classic examples of 'rain orbs' and confusing them for the genuine article), there are a small number that defy this hypothesis.

May I ask a few questions for considerations?

1) I have personally seen a non-manipulated orb photograph that showed the globe partially behindan object that was also in the room. How could this have happened if light reflections are formed on the lens and always appear as a circle?

2) How can light reflections be used as a convincing conclusion in regards to orbs captured on stationary cameras that are using 'infra red' recording technology in areas where nobody is present? Most of the time, these stationary cameras pick up objects that come from behind walls and seem to be able to move as if they were consciously aware of their surroundings. Surely if these were merely light-reflections then they should also be stationary?

3) Since light reflections only come from a single, non-moving point when the photograph is taken, how can they produce orbs that seem to be travelling so fast that they can be blurred - even when the shutter speed is in the nano-seconds? Blurred orbs have also been captured on stationary cameras.

4) If orbs were merely light reflections, then if 2 photos were taken immediately in succession using a stationary camera they would show an orb in each in exactly the same position, including when the room is empty at the time? I personally have done numerous tests using this method where I place the camera in an un-movable position and set the timer. At this time I leave the room and the photo is taken. Then I immediately go back in and set the timer again and leave the room awaiting the taking of the next photo. When the two photos were viewed afterwards one photo contained a faint orb whilst the other contained nothing.

I look forward to your answers. smile.gif

Here is an orb photo i took just a moment ago.Or should i say faked a moment ago.

Orbs are nothing more than reflected light from DUST particles close to the camera lens.

post-10-1041614970.jpg

i think Crosis' photo answers those questions but i will give my opinion just for the hell of it:

1. was the object dark? light may appear to be behind something when it is actually over something of a darker color which gives the illusion that it is behind it.

2. they could be bugs that appear as an orb due to the inexactness of an infrared camera. they could be related to a warm draft that appears as something else. im not familiar with infrared cameras but i know they are quite expensive to get a nice one. most bizarre effects on an infrared camera can be attributed to the fact they are cheap and don't have the proper equipment on them to prevent this kind of thing.

3. motion of any kind can produce this effect. even with an extremely high shutter speed, if you use the wrong type of film you will get this effect. cameras are finicky little creatures that require skill to use properly, put one in the hands of a novice and lots of strange things can occur. i know this because ive personally screwed up my pictures in several different ways. the same is true of digital cameras- they have a myriad of settings that require some skill to not produce wild effects. just setting your camera inappropriately will cause this type of effect even if you percieve the camera is stationary. just as an example of a way to make a 'ghost' effect with a 35mm camera all you need to do is slightly rock a "stationary" camera with a long shutter setting and you will get a magical ghostly mist. you could have a friend jump in front of the camera and make a face and you will get a ghostly figure in the photograph. there are hundreds of ways to make a 'stationary' camera produce motion if you are so inclined.

4. see Crosis' picture.

Actually, Crosis has provided a worthy example as to how some orbs are NOT created by dust.

Here is an enhanced picture of the dust orb along with my orb...

user posted image

If you look closely at the dust orb, there are no characteristics that would suggest that is it genuine. It is just a monotonous ball of dull grey mass with no skin or inner texture. The main feature that appears on many dust / pollen orbs is a dark dark hole in it, not unlike a mini Star-wars esque 'Death-Star'. This is known due to extensive research like Crosis has done where various objects and particles are placed in front of the lens and photographed. In all cases, artificially created orbs (dust, pollen, water droplets etc) showed these common characteristics.

Compare that to my orb, which has no such characteristics that the dust orb has. Instead it has a thick outer skin and a complex inner texture. There is no hole within it and there is just one.

It would be highly unusual to have just one piece of dust floating around, and if there was only one then it would be an experience to capture it on film.

Responding to your raised points in your last post:

1) The object in question was in fact a branch on a tree. Since there were other orbs within the photo that were in front of other branches I'm afraid that I find it hard to accept your theory on this. I am doing by best to try and find the photo that I am talking about so that I can show you the copy.

2) Since the various clips I've seen were all taken with still cameras that were indoors at the time, it would be highly unlikely that the orbs could be attributed to merely 'bugs'. The only way that a bug could appear as nothing but a globe would be if it was so close to the camera that it couldn't focus on it, nulling the beating of the wings. However, since the orbs have been seen to have appeared from behind a wall some six foot away from the camera, this cannot be the case. The resolutions on night-vision cameras are quite high, so I'd personally think that if it was a bug then its wings would surely be seen?

3) Orbs do not appear on 35mm film since those particular cameras develop light, and since orbs are non-mass in structure, there is nothing for light to reflect off to cause an image of them to develop on the film. Digital cameras use infra red technology to ensure a crisper picture. When the photo is taken with a flash, the shutter speed has to be down to almost a microsecond so that the picture would not appear to be too bright. I have tried moving the camera as fast as possible whilst also moving my hand very quickly in front of the lens whilst taking a photo, and this still produced a crystal clear photograph. How then can a stationary camera take a photo of a streaking orb when a quickly-moving one can capture a stationary orb?

4) But when I do this experiment, the camera is literally locked down so that there is no possible way for it to move. The two photos are taken in the conditions that I highlighed in a previous posting and still the classic orbs are appearing in one and not in the other. I will conduct this experiment again in the near future and show you the results here.

• 2 weeks later...

well I can't say wether or not it is real I can say that the picture of the orb is Bueatiful up close smile.gif