Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama in Cuba

Thanato

Its a communist country, backing Russia and China , so what do you say.I`d still be a little eerie.

He is probably there to get Bill a few cigars!!!!

I can only imagine how tasty those top-notch cigars would be. I'm tipping he'll be smoking a few himself,

• Like 1

I can only imagine how tasty those top-notch cigars would be. I'm tipping he'll be smoking a few himself,

I've been to a factory... Rolled with their feet.

• Like 1

Rum too is big in Cuba. There were some quite old in every tourist boutiques, 20 or was it 30 years old? My friend bought the cheap white and brown rum set.

Cigars and cigarillos were everywhere as well.

• Like 1

Hopefully the increased trade and contact through tourism will eventually cause the communists to lose control over those people. I don't expect it any time soon.

• Like 3

Hopefully the increased trade and contact through tourism will eventually cause the communists to lose control over those people. I don't expect it any time soon.

The Cuban economy runs on tourism. I don't think adding Americans to the Mix of Canadians, Brits, and other Europeans will really effect thier form of government all that much.

Edited by Thanato
  • Like 3

When did Che rule as a murderous dictator.

You're right. He was more like the dictators right hand man and still murdered a ton of people and an extreme communist. No matter how you slice it his image has no place as the backdrop of an American president.

• Like 3

The Cuban economy runs on tourism. I don't think adding Americans to the Mix of Canadians, Brits, and other Europeans will really effect thier form of government all that much.

As long as it normalizes the relationship. Once the Cuban economy improves, the political situation will improve and the human rights issues will improve.

Check out all of the well maintained classic-cars in the photo backgrounds. New cars for old? Looks like a trade opportunity to me.

Old cars are among tourists' favorite things about Cuba, so they always feature in the tourist promo, but there are a lot of brand new cars as well. I have been there last December (in a Varadero all inclusive, doing what we do in Caribbean all inclusives...), there was a lot of Hyundai, which couldn't have been more than a few years old. There were a few Renaults, Citröens and Pegeots, brand new, them too. We also had brand new buses, a company I never heard before, something like MingHuo, the tour guide said they were Chinese. The design was definitely East Asian.

Plus, in the hotel's boutiques they were selling Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Le Coq Sportif, Lacoste and other Western brands. There were also Western brand alcohol, I bought a Vanilla Marie Brizard, which I don't have at home. Of course, this was in the non-inclusive part of the Hotel. There was also a Cuban mode boutique, with mostly bathing suits, sun hats and the like. Plus some light but chic dresses.

You're right. He was more like the dictators right hand man and still murdered a ton of people and an extreme communist. No matter how you slice it his image has no place as the backdrop of an American president.

The average American president has a lot more blood on his hands.

I'm glad the stranglehold on Cuba is finally being loosened, I guess JFK's stash of cigars ran out.

Our pres posing proudly with murderous dictator backdrop.

post-117199-0-39833800-1458598053_thumb.

I have to say that President Obama can't be doing too badly if that's the most heinous charge you can lay against him.

Mao was responsible for many more deaths than Guevara, and President Nixon actually shook hands with Mao.

Its no worse then how all our leaders are cozy with Saudi Arabian royalty. Heck that's even worse. Those cats behead people for fun everyday

• Like 1

I have to say that President Obama can't be doing too badly if that's the most heinous charge you can lay against him.

Mao was responsible for many more deaths than Guevara, and President Nixon actually shook hands with Mao.

How does slaughtering 50,000 Libyans in a illegal undeclared war fit into his moral leadership skills? Or the untold number of deaths of innocents from drone strikes in Afgan? Lets not even get into how he has continued posting Marines in Afgan poppy fields to protect the supply of 80% of the worlds heroin.

Or how about the continued cover up of Saudi Arabia's involvement in 9/11, confirmed in a 28 page report by the 9/11 commission?

Heck him trying to make normal relations with Cuba is least on the list. Personally I'm for it.

Edit to add, how could I forget the thousands of assault weapons that were given freely to drug cartels under his watch, with no repercussions to anyone involved. Didn't even make them buy em. All to blame the second amendment and try to revoke it.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

The two floral dresses that first lady Michelle Obama sported in Cuba this week would not be affordable for the wide majority of individuals living in the repressive country.

US Weekly recently spotlighted two outfits that Obama wore during appearances in Havana on Sunday and Monday that, according to a Free Beacon analysis, together cost more than 23 times the average annual state salary in Cuba recorded in 2014.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/michelle-obamas-floral-outfits-cost-23-times-average-annual-salary-in-cuba/

• Like 1

I never said it was the most heinous charge. Just one heinous charge in a long line of character defining moments. If it matters, Mao's face hung as an ornament on the white house Christmas tree a few years back. As I said, one in a long line.

The two floral dresses that first lady Michelle Obama sported in Cuba this week would not be affordable for the wide majority of individuals living in the repressive country.

US Weekly recently spotlighted two outfits that Obama wore during appearances in Havana on Sunday and Monday that, according to a Free Beacon analysis, together cost more than 23 times the average annual state salary in Cuba recorded in 2014.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/michelle-obamas-floral-outfits-cost-23-times-average-annual-salary-in-cuba/

That may be but Cuba has free education, free housing, and everyone is given a basic amount of food and water to survive. They also get free electricity and free water utility. Let's not forget the healthcare system, which is free as well. Then they buy on top of that.

Most who work in the service industry and tourism make lots more then that as well, which is why it's not uncommon to find a doctor as a bartender... That and Cuba exports doctors.

Cuba has a 99.7% literacy rate. Compared to the Dominican republic at 91.8% or even Mexico at 94.4%.

The biggest limiting factor for Cuba has been the US embargo. When that's lifted hopefully the GDP will increase a lot.

Edited by Thanato
  • Like 3

The Rolling Stones were to play in Havana Sunday but the concert was delayed 5 days due to Obama's arrival.

This didn't go well with fans.

• Like 1

The Rolling Stones were to play in Havana Sunday but the concert was delayed 5 days due to Obama's arrival.

This didn't go well with fans.

Heck, they waited 50 years... another 5 days? Meh.

• Like 1

That may be but Cuba has free education, free housing, and everyone is given a basic amount of food and water to survive. They also get free electricity and free water utility. Let's not forget the healthcare system, which is free as well.

People in prison in the United States get these things as well. Just saying.

• Like 1

That may be but Cuba has free education, free housing, and everyone is given a basic amount of food and water to survive. They also get free electricity and free water utility. Let's not forget the healthcare system, which is free as well. Then they buy on top of that.

LOL. Sounds great. I wonder why Cubans are dying all the time from sinking rafts trying to get out of that paradise.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1