Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

noises outside

MissJatti

i been living in my current house for over a year now, where i live is in a big residential area, and the nearest industrial area is over a mile away.

Anyway, every now and then we keep on hearing pops outside very faintly. These pops last from a few seconds to about 20mins..

We can hear them once the windows are open and we really really need to listen to hear them.

I asked my neighbours and some have said they hear it and some don't, but nobody seems to question about it.

But I hear them at random times at random days,

I have tried to record it but it doesn't pick up on my mobile or laptop mic due to its faintness..

These pops sounds like firework rockets or gunshots in the distance, sometimes in singles or multiples, even to a point it sounds like, a war like battle, as heard in cloverfield movie just before they went into the subway station..or the war of the worlds movie when the dad left his son to unofficially join the army...

wondering if anyone have heard such a thing, or can tell me where this sound is coming from

Do you live near a body of frozen water? Because if so, it would probably be shifting ice making that sound. If not, it could be coming from somebody living in the residential area. I live in an apartment and I hear all sorts of weird sounds coming from other rooms.

Also, there's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistpouffers

• Like 1

Possibly discharging firearms. Please conduct a bit of research into the surrounding area.