Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NDEs, shamanism, and private revelation in the Catholic tradition

UM-Bot

Mark Dohle: All through out history, our species has experienced breakthroughs from what we call the spiritual world. Shamanism is a prime example of this, and all around the world, from time immemorial, this type of spirituality (or relationship), with a wider world beyond the senses, has been lived out. In fact shamanism is going strong all over the world to this day, even in first world countries.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• 9 months later...

Actually this is very good, suprised not more comments.

doug

Having been in an induced coma for about a month, I had a NDE, or at least a modified version.

What I took away from the experience is that whatever level we go next, it's not bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Having been in an induced coma for about a month, I had a NDE, or at least a modified version.

What I took away from the experience is that whatever level we go next, it's not bad at all.

Have you wrote about it?

peace

mark

No, I haven't written about it, but I have discussed it with many friends and family.

An excellent read. Thanks Mark. It´s kinda neat as I have been thinking about private vs. public revelation and Catholocism. To me, the Catholic church seems to act like a wedge or a barrier between someone´s interpretation as to there sense of spirituality. They define evrything for you and also provide a rulebook to follow if you want to enter the "kingdom". What happens when public revelation and personal revelation contradict one another?

• Like 1

No, I haven't written about it, but I have discussed it with many friends and family.

If you ever write about it please send me a copy by PM here on unexpained.

peace

mark

An excellent read. Thanks Mark. It´s kinda neat as I have been thinking about private vs. public revelation and Catholocism. To me, the Catholic church seems to act like a wedge or a barrier between someone´s interpretation as to there sense of spirituality. They define evrything for you and also provide a rulebook to follow if you want to enter the "kingdom". What happens when public revelation and personal revelation contradict one another?

Often times an intergration is needed. Each catholic is unique, the belief that we believe the same is false and frankly impossible. I think some of the warnings the chruch gives can actually be helpful, but it can become a problem when others use the church to beat others over the head. People can be lead, but not herded, a wast of time. I think people do think for themselves, though many are afraod to admit it.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle