Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can astral travel turn into a dream?

SpiritWriter

So I jumped into a dreamspace, as if through a window and I remember saying "I did it" and I thought of Seeker79 for some reason like I was going to say "hey I did it". I had full control of my own body, I was making decisions knowing I was in this space, but then it turned into a dream.... I was asleep.

So was this lucid dreaming or partial astral travel? The only reason I think it might be kind of like astral travel is because I jumped into the scene during meditation as if through an open window... I doubt seriously it was the full experience though because it turned into a dream..

What do you think?

Thats a Good question. However i think most people discount Astral Projection as a dream and not the other way around. I think the main way we can tell if it is just a dream or a true out of body experience is if we experience any of the symptoms of the Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection. If i don't feel the Shock, or hear the noises that many people report right before you go off into the dream state then i count it as just a lucid dream. However if i do experience the symptoms of Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection well then its a little more real then just a dream :yes: So much so that you can experience Phantom Limb Syndrome.

Edited by stevemagegod

I think I read in Seekers blog that he did this once..

Edited by Professor T

Thats a Good question. However i think most people discount Astral Projection as a dream and not the other way around. I think the main way we can tell if it is just a dream or a true out of body experience is if we experience any of the symptoms of the Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection. If i don't feel the Shock, or hear the noises that many people report right before you go off into the dream state then i count it as just a lucid dream. However if i do experience the symptoms of Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection well then its a little more real then just a dream :yes: So much so that you can experience Phantom Limb Syndrome.

I astral projected once with absolutely no vibrations.

So I jumped into a dreamspace, as if through a window and I remember saying "I did it" and I thought of Seeker79 for some reason like I was going to say "hey I did it". I had full control of my own body, I was making decisions knowing I was in this space, but then it turned into a dream.... I was asleep.

So was this lucid dreaming or partial astral travel? The only reason I think it might be kind of like astral travel is because I jumped into the scene during meditation as if through an open window... I doubt seriously it was the full experience though because it turned into a dream..

What do you think?

Yes you can certain fall asleep during an astral experience. I have done it more than once, and I have even had a spirit guide put me to sleep on several occasions. Usually when Im doing something im not supposed to be. Most notably when I tried to fly to Japan to help with the earth quake ( no I did not have a clue what I was going to do, I just wanted to do something ). She actually hooked me out if the sky over wikiki ( I was using it as a landmark to find my way across the ocean) and then implanted in my mind that she was my fiancé and we were on vacation, just an implanted dream sequence, I had already been maried for quite some time. My awareness kicked in and I figured out her ruse. She changed a little bit when I confronted her with it, then she changed her attitude into a mother knows best, kissed my forehead and put me to sleep. I was so wigged out about it I pmed MW for advice. I know I sound crazy, but I entered trance just after I saw the first waves rolling over Japan. Then the trigger that promted me to snap out of her trick was that Waikiki was deserted. I have been there... It's never deserted. Only a few cop cars were running around. After I snapped out of it, it turned out that wikik had ben evacuated and the police were makeing sure no one was in the path of a possible devistating tsunami. Quite a night actually.

But yes I have put myself to sleep aswell. All you have to do is understand the layers and you can go straight into sleep. Only thing is that your journey might be lost.

• Like 1

Yes you can certain fall asleep during an astral experience. I have done it more than once, and I have even had a spirit guide put me to sleep on several occasions. Usually when Im doing something im not supposed to be. Most notably when I tried to fly to Japan to help with the earth quake ( no I did not have a clue what I was going to do, I just wanted to do something ). She actually hooked me out if the sky over wikiki ( I was using it as a landmark to find my way across the ocean) and then implanted in my mind that she was my fiancé and we were on vacation, just an implanted dream sequence, I had already been maried for quite some time. My awareness kicked in and I figured out her ruse. She changed a little bit when I confronted her with it, then she changed her attitude into a mother knows best, kissed my forehead and put me to sleep. I was so wigged out about it I pmed MW for advice. I know I sound crazy, but I entered trance just after I saw the first waves rolling over Japan. Then the trigger that promted me to snap out of her trick was that Waikiki was deserted. I have been there... It's never deserted. Only a few cop cars were running around. After I snapped out of it, it turned out that wikik had ben evacuated and the police were makeing sure no one was in the path of a possible devistating tsunami. Quite a night actually.

But yes I have put myself to sleep aswell. All you have to do is understand the layers and you can go straight into sleep. Only thing is that your journey might be lost.

It makes sence what you said about doing something I wasnt supposed to do. My mind was not right and my intentions didnt seem right. It wasnt much of a journey at all. It pretty much came to a hault in about five minutes. I thought about this today, my intentions, and I knew I needed to clean mind. I am still learning.

It makes sence what you said about doing something I wasnt supposed to do. My mind was not right and my intentions didnt seem right. It wasnt much of a journey at all. It pretty much came to a hault in about five minutes. I thought about this today, my intentions, and I knew I needed to clean mind. I am still learning.

Hahaha I'm afraid the curve never ends. Its like infinity, you can only occupy a spot on it , but never get to the end.

• Like 2

We are often out of our bodies in the spirit world while dreaming. I believe that you were out of your body awake and when your body feel asleep and you went into the dream world. You were still out of your body.

• Like 1

It works both ways just as seeker said. I had an experience once when I went through 3 levels. One was close to reality but in the realms where thought influences reality kind of mirror of us here, I guess that's what they call lucid dreaming, then it turned to the astral and I met a guide, he said now enter this "dream" and see the answer you seek, boom I was seeing dream with the answers, after I went back to astral talked to the guide and then woke up and remembered it all.

You can dream of astral but it always feels different and SO real then you willfully come back not just wake up. Once I thought I was just dreaming of visiting Scotland but then I saw a bus crash and a man who just died told me he was so and so's cousin and then there she was too. I woke up and searched the internet and found that several did die in a crash on the way to a festival and went over a cliff. There was a hat that he was wearing and it was a festival hat. That part of the dream was just too real and I had the urge to verify the event. Later that day I discovered my friend had died in the ER. Found out from her family later that she did have a cousin there who died in the bus crash. They must have been thinking about each other and I horned in somehow? Scotland was beautiful and they were "alive" in that "place" not lost like a few of the others in the crash that didn't make it. Creepy in a way but reassuring there are astral realms.

It's hard to tell all the different levels sometimes, I think it might be because they overlap at times.

• Like 1

I remember Japan. I posted a dream involving a tsunami about 3 or 4 days before it hit. Found here http://www.unexplain...7

I had a weird dream not last night but the night before. I'm not sure what it means or why I dreamt it. I dreamt that I was with an old friend at his home but he was living with his parents which is odd for him. His parents wernt happy we were there because they thought we were a bad influence and that their son was doing good things now. So they wanted him to do his homework or something but he spent his time with us because he hadnt seen us for a long time. I cant remember who the other person with me was though.

I dont remember much of the dream but mainly looking outside and seeing that it was raining frogs. Frogs were falling as many as rain drops and it rained them so much that a tidal wave formed in the distance made purely of frogs. It was about 2 or 3 stories high and was coming for the house and I was shutting the door so the frogs wouldnt get inside while watching this huge tidal wave of them rolling towards us.

It was a weird thing to see and I'm not sure what it means.

I remember waiting for news of a tsunami after this dream and I didnt have to wait for long. Anyway I still think about Japan especially when I listen to Leaving Hope by NIN. I've been listening to this song all week. This is my song that reminds me of it, its one of my favorites. Sorry to post it here.

[/url]

Anyway in regards to the OP I'm still on the fence on if OBE is technically different from dreaming. I understand they can feel different but I dont know for sure if that means they are actually seperate from dreaming. I think its a fine line.

i heard an expert saying that imagination is a gateway to higher levels/planes,that you are going to have to make progression.. And i really think he is right,because most people, including me has got obe as a dream at first... So if you doubt between dream and astral projection,i suggest that you should improvise again.

I remember Japan. I posted a dream involving a tsunami about 3 or 4 days before it hit. Found here http://www.unexplain...7

I remember waiting for news of a tsunami after this dream and I didnt have to wait for long. Anyway I still think about Japan especially when I listen to Leaving Hope by NIN. I've been listening to this song all week. This is my song that reminds me of it, its one of my favorites. Sorry to post it here.

[/url]

Anyway in regards to the OP I'm still on the fence on if OBE is technically different from dreaming. I understand they can feel different but I dont know for sure if that means they are actually seperate from dreaming. I think its a fine line.

It is a fine line.

The conscious awareness has different types of experiences. As to actually leaving the body, it is experienced .. like it seems that way but it could be that you never really "leave" the body just the conscious perception is expanded to include distant surroundings as your self in a way at some of the levels.

How your mind percieves it with the subconscious dream like state may not really be what it seems? To get there by meditation is like going into yourself between the dream state, or knowing your subconscious very well, then expanding the mind beyond the body not really leaving it. The leaving part is when you create an avatar type entity of yourself which is harder to do. I just know that when you get there it is SO real and if reality happens to coincide with what you normally wouldn't know in the real world, I call it a true astral realm experience. Awesome.

If you look at something with your eyes it is actually producing an image to your brain to be perceived as looking at something outside of yourself. Actual image only exists within your brain not in the reality outside of you. (you may be color blind so what is to say it's a true image compared to other people's reality- but it is reality in your perception) The conscious awareness in reality is only viewing an image that your eye supplies. Some how the levels of subconscious are linked to the conscious of all the senses which links to another consciousness which somehow includes others and places beyond oneself.

Maybe one's subconscious which is very perceptive to things we normally don't comprehend manifests a dream like state, so we can experience it in a more normal way, being linked to bodily functions of an avatar is just a sort of manifestation so we can understand the awareness of something without that we normally don't perceive?

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

he said now enter this "dream" and see the answer you seek

I feel that's a quote from a movie or tv show

I feel that's a quote from a movie or tv show

That's what is seemed like too, the dream was like watching a movie in a past event in history. I wasn't in it and couldn't control it like you would your own dreams. I was just observing and it seemed it was a dream projected to me by the guide after I became attuned to his thoughts.

That's what is seemed like too, the dream was like watching a movie in a past event in history. I wasn't in it and couldn't control it like you would your own dreams. I was just observing and it seemed it was a dream projected to me by the guide after I became attuned to his thoughts.

Sounds like to me you were observing a Past life then

I do too quite often. Also, I project when my spirit wants to and not when I want to.

Yes this is what I noticed..

I do too quite often. Also, I project when my spirit wants to and not when I want to.

This is probably 70% of how it happens for me too - if there is a reason or need for me to be projected and out, it has nothing to do with anything other than my awareness level / recall level of what my higher self/soul is doing. It will happen regardless of what i do or don't do to be honest. Also to add to earlier discussion, quite often in my experience dreams do become projections and projections will become semi dream states IF you are unable to comprehend what you are experiencing or trying to do so through ego consciousness. You know this happens when you get a very lucid/ real experience coupled with some really bizarre plotlines that seem autonomous/or froma movie scape type setting.

That is no reason however to discount the experience, it just means for these parts your perceptions were struggling to put meaning to the experience and had little to draw from in your 'experience bank' to make sense of it, so reverted to more ego archetypical meanings. There is still work to do in decoding these archetypical meanings and images because it's still part of human consciousness and psychology. It's a good deal to settle for the 70/30 in this, accept that 70% of what you get is real / truth and 30% is distorted simply because of the multitude of filters and layers your perceptions are buried in due to belief systems, ego, duality constructs etc.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy