Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama Supporters Say the Darndest Things

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,182 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

They are in complete denial and good lord what a bunch of ugly M****s. Every single one is incredibly angry and for the most part, ignorant as hell.  ANGRY m****s.  Glad I am armed.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#17    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,925 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

You interview about 300 people, leave out the smart answers and edit the stupid answers together, and voila! You can do this on every topic you like, but i'ts still not representative for the group as a whole.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 23 February 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#18    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,870 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 23 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

You interview about 300 people, leave out the smart answers and edit the stupid answers together, and voila! You can do this on every topic you like, but i'ts still not representative for the group as a whole.
Which is why we don't use words like "all" or "the whole of" and just use "Obama supporters".   There are many iterations of videos highlighting those who "say the darndest things", but whatever group was being highlighted was never expressed in its entirety.  It went without saying, but you're not wrong to say it.   Now saying that, let's see the Obama supporters on Youtube making their reasonable intelligent cases for why they support the President so we can demonstrate a contrast between Kokesh's editing and the other supporters with the smart answers.   Not partisan op-eds by vloggers and journalists, but regular people out on the street who have smart answers to the question why they support Obama.

Because I really don't know why anyone supports Obama.   The best reasons I've ever seen from anyone on this board are just pouring the parrot from the media "Obama saved our economy from the worst recession since the Great Depression." or other such bologna like "Obama saved the US auto industry."  Does anyone have an actual reason why they support him?   Although 95% and 93% of blacks voted for him in the past two consecutive elections.   If numbers that high were put out in Iran or Venezuela we'd call them a fraud.  Still, with Obama breaking the glass ceiling in the formerly All-White Man's Club, I'm not surprised.   Now the Club is only half-white, but still all Male.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#19    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,182 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

I hear ya but I see very few rational democrats.  They blame everything on the republicans, who have lost all power and can never answer the question, "Just what exactly did Obama not get that he asked for?"  Obama heas gotten everything he ever asked for and it has all failed miserably, yet it stil isn't his fault. Why?  Is it because he is black? Isn't that overt racism?  I certainly think so.  I think democrats are the racists in this country. The meme that conservatives are nazis is BS.  We couldn't care less what color you are, or what sex, as long as you are competent. Look at the cabinets of the last 4 presidents and tell me I am wrong.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#20    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,870 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostMerc14, on 23 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I hear ya but I see very few rational democrats.  They blame everything on the republicans, who have lost all power and can never answer the question, "Just what exactly did Obama not get that he asked for?"  Obama heas gotten everything he ever asked for and it has all failed miserably, yet it stil isn't his fault. Why?  Is it because he is black? Isn't that overt racism?  I certainly think so.  I think democrats are the racists in this country. The meme that conservatives are nazis is BS.  We couldn't care less what color you are, or what sex, as long as you are competent. Look at the cabinets of the last 4 presidents and tell me I am wrong.
The only legitimate reason left anymore in US politics to have a second party is to blame the first.   There are very few rational republicans, there are very few rational democrats.   They both blame everything on the other when they're both 100% responsible.

Republicans don't care what color they are for much longer, when they're busy pandering to the Latino voters for the first time in their political lifetime, out of desperation no less.  Republicans have abandoned much of what they once claimed to stand for.  They want to vote on arms control legislation.  They want comprehensive immigration reform and a pathway to citizenship (amnesty).  They want to save Social Security and Medicare.   How ironic that the only thing Mitt Romney said about spending in his RNC speech was to complain about Obama's spending cuts.   Republicans want a ginormous military industrial complex bigger than the next 14 nations combined; is there any other position they have left that's still subscribed to?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#21    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 23 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I dunno. The pro-gun movement seem to be a fitting example of very unintelligent people saying very unintelligent things.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Here's one I had to share.

OBAMA HAT-WEARING ANTI-GUN PROTESTER SAYS SHE’D RATHER BE MURDERED THAN USE A GUN IN SELF-DEFENSE
During the rally, one female protester — wearing an Obama hat — told WGCL-TV that using a firearm in self-defense “is not an option.”

“It’s not an option,” she repeated.

The reporter then asked her, “But what if someone is trying to kill you?” She replied, “They’ll just have to kill me.”
http://www.theblaze....n-self-defense/

#23    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

^^^^^ Really? ^^^^^

View PostMichaelW, on 23 February 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

I dunno. The pro-gun movement seem to be a fitting example of very unintelligent people saying very unintelligent things.

#24    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 28 February 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

^^^^^ Really? ^^^^^
No matter how much they fail, the left still believes they are the right and everyone else is an idiot. Delusional.

#25    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,870 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostMerc14, on 28 February 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

No matter how much they fail, the left still believes they are the right and everyone else is an idiot. Delusional.
Neither side of center has a monopoly on the solutions to our problems; they both have a near-monopoly on the problems though.  

US politics must triangulate.  Two-dimensional thinking must replace this linear one dimensional bipolarity where we think that the solutions lie somewhere on a line between left and right.   The problems lie there.  The solutions are out there, on a field somewhere.  Far, far away from this one-dimensional belief system the establishment has so carefully indoctrinated our people to have.   The Republicans are proven failures.  They had the White House.  They had the Senate.  They had the House.  Simultaneously.  And they didn't solve anything.  They only perpetuated and grew the biggest problems we already had.  Obama is riding on the coattails of previous failures, and the failures expand with every new puppet we elect.

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostYamato, on 28 February 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Neither side of center has a monopoly on the solutions to our problems; they both have a near-monopoly on the problems though.  

US politics must triangulate.  Two-dimensional thinking must replace this linear one dimensional bipolarity where we think that the solutions lie somewhere on a line between left and right.   The problems lie there.  The solutions are out there, on a field somewhere.  Far, far away from this one-dimensional belief system the establishment has so carefully indoctrinated our people to have.   The Republicans are proven failures.  They had the White House.  They had the Senate.  They had the House.  Simultaneously.  And they didn't solve anything.  They only perpetuated and grew the biggest problems we already had.  Obama is riding on the coattails of previous failures, and the failures expand with every new puppet we elect.

The democrats had all three and trillions of tax dollars and didn't improve one thing. Nothing. This is teh biggest crinminal theft in history and you blame teh republicans?  Not a word from theress when trillions of dollars disappear down a rat hole.  Obama has spent $7T in 4 years and unemployment went up and our credut rating went down.  He goot everything he wanted and we are in far worse shape than 4 years ago.

A promary destroyer of rthe economy was teh housing market failure an dthat can be laid squarely on democrat shoulders.  Teh republicans definitely dropped the ball when they had the house and senate and the debt went up for sure and the press and many many republicans screamed about it.  I did for sure but I am a conservative, not a republican.  Not a peep from teh press when teh demccrats do far worse.  Where did trillions of dollars go?  The banks, the brokers and overseas.  Massive democrat slush fund.

#27    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'll tell you why I support Obama, because the alternative was Mitt.Thank god we dodged that bullet!

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#28    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,882 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 28 February 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Here's one I had to share.

LMAO!!!

Idiots.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#29    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,882 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

She can call 911 on her 'bama phone.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

No, she'll just accept death instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users