Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Figure" photographed on Mars

UM-Bot

user posted image rPerched on a rock, she could be waiting for a bus. But if so, she could be in for an awfully long wait. This photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched, was taken on Mars.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has set the Internet abuzz with claims that there really is life on the red planet. Others may well feel that it is simply an optical illusion caused by a landscape.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Mail

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~ MacDDT ~

• louie

• Lopare

• knowledge..w/o..power

Even if it's just a rock, it's creepy.

Maybe it is something, that weould be extraordinary.

OH! That's just freaky. I don't think it's a rock formation. But that's just me.

Pretty cool though.

Whether it's an optical illusion or not, it definitely looks like a human figure.....How weird......

I' ll try to keep an open mind, but would NASA or the Government let a picture of real extraterrestrial out to the public? It really does look human like though. :D

It has to be a rock formation. i cant see nasa letting a picture of a statue on another planet out to the general public without them having a very good look at it first.

Edited by louie

No wonder we can't find Bigfoot! It's not even on our planet anymore! LOL! All jokes aside, I have to go with creepy rock resemblance of a humanoid figure.

Just think what it would think when it see's little cars roaming around... I'd be petrified seeing tiny cars running amock on my nudist-holiday in the sun.

PLANET-HOLIDAYS! Probably the best holiday in the universe! Call now on; 44599281 or alternatively use our inter-steller 56k broadband and book your holidays on; Planet-holidays.galax : We'll even throw in a free oaty bar if it's your first holiday with is! *wink + sparkly grin*.

'She'? Looks like a 'He' to me...Even for a rock, it looks pretty strange...

Rock!!!

All you ever write are Drive-by post, read the rules

what are you a caveman or something "rock" "fake" lol

Edited by MacDDT

That's crazy! It does look humanoid but I do agree with the third contributor in the article who said, "Ah, the human eye can be tricked so easily."

No wonder we can't find Bigfoot! It's not even on our planet anymore! LOL! All jokes aside, I have to go with creepy rock resemblance of a humanoid figure.

LOL!!! Good call "PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: !!!

optical Illusion , a coincidence taken from an angle with lighting effects. although I would like to go there personally to examine.

cool ! it reminds me of sculptures you see depicting mermaid legends !

LOL ! That's what I see

Saruman do you know if there are any more pictures of this out there? If its a rock it seams weird that only the twisted part of the top

would be a different colour

I think the part that looks like the "head" is actually a shadow being cast by something that is lower than the rock and hidden behind it.

If you remove the "head" from this rock then it would look nothing at all like a person.

Here is a link with several pictures of inanimate objects that look like people:

http://forteantimes.com/gallery/simulacra.shtml

:innocent: If it's a rock formation,it is a rather unusual one.Definetly has a human shape.Also,I don't know if anyone else caught this,but look at the picture again.

Below this figure are some other rocks.There also seems to be something or someone else of the same color below in

in the same rock area.You can spot it because it is a darker color than surrounding rock.

Rock.

Are you people really that slow?

If that's a woman there in the picture, then, based on that evidence her pet cat is lounging down there on a rock in the lower left corner of the picture.

Come on now everybody... We all saw 'The Face' in Mars, then we got the second picture and could clearly see it looked NOTHING like a face... Let's not all be that naive again! :P

Now don't get me wrong, I would love it if we could find alien life (or if they came and announced it to the world), I'm just being realistic here... :D

Liek teh end is near!

Back on topic,Now all of the creepy U.F.O/alien enthusiast's have probrally found out about this.Better high tail it outta here befor they ask if I work for the CIA :rolleyes: