Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remote Viewing

BlackFrost

I have been trying to find 'remote viewing' on the forum ~ Fascinating topic.

Would like to know if anyone has some interesting experiences/comments on the subject....

and the technique used.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wombat

• BlackFrost

• John from Lowell

• Rosewin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remote viewing does not exist, or at least there is absolutely no reason to believe that it exists.

I suggest that you get a basic education before you start denying science.

Remote viewing does not exist, or at least there is absolutely no reason to believe that it exists.

That is a silly thing to say......it's more or less common knowledge that remote viewing is a reality...

for military around the world.....

Do your homework...before insulting other people's education.

Yes Bee ~ I have noticed wombat is very 'unfriendly' on this forum ~ with a major attitude

if things are discussed to their liking.

This is just ONE of the sights wombat might want to check out ~ regarding the REALITY of remote viewing.

The CIA initiated remote viewing at Stanford ~ In July 1995 the CIA declassified, and approved for release,

documents revealing its sponsorship in the 1970s of a program at Stanford Research Institute .

Your knowledge source for remote viewing facts, history, and information. Find out more about the military remote viewing program.

www.militaryremoteviewers.com

wombat ~ take your own advice and do the research before being insulting to others!

That is a silly thing to say......it's more or less common knowledge that remote viewing is a reality...

for military around the world.....

Do your homework...before insulting other people's education.

That's untrue. Remote viewing is completely unsupported by any evidence at all.

Yes Bee ~ I have noticed wombat is very 'unfriendly' on this forum ~ with a major attitude

if things are discussed to their liking.

This is just ONE of the sights wombat might want to check out ~ regarding the REALITY of remote viewing.

The CIA initiated remote viewing at Stanford ~ In July 1995 the CIA declassified, and approved for release,

documents revealing its sponsorship in the 1970s of a program at Stanford Research Institute .

Your knowledge source for remote viewing facts, history, and information. Find out more about the military remote viewing program.

www.militaryremoteviewers.com

wombat ~ take your own advice and do the research before being insulting to others!

Do you know why that silly project was cancelled? Because it didn't produce anything.

And again, there is not a single scrap of evidence to support remote viewing.

And that website is trash. I can also put up a website and make 10000 fake witnesses who have seen the president being kidnapped by spacemonkeys. It doesn't make it true. Read the wikipedia article instead, particularily the criticism:

According to Dr. David Marks in experiments conducted in the 1970s at the Stanford Research Institute, the notes given to the judges contained clues as to which order they were carried out, such as referring to yesterday's two targets, or they had the date of the session written at the top of the page. Dr. Marks concluded that these clues were the reason for the experiment's high hit rates.[25][26]

Dr. Marks has also suggested that the participants of remote viewing experiments are influenced by subjective validation, a process through which correspondences are perceived between stimuli that are in fact associated purely randomly.[27] Details and transcripts of the SRI remote viewing experiments themselves were found to be edited and even unattainable.[28][29][30]

Others have said that, the information from remote viewing sessions can be vague and include a lot of erroneous data.[13] The 1995 report for the American Institute for Research "An Evaluation of Remote Viewing: Research and Applications" by Mumford, Rose and Goslin, contains a section of anonymous reports describing how remote viewing was tentatively used in a number of operational situations. The three reports conclude that the data was too vague to be of any use, and in the report that offers the most positive results the writer notes that the viewers "had some knowledge of the target organizations and their operations but not the background of the particular tasking at hand."[13]

According to James Randi, controlled tests by several other researchers, eliminating several sources of cuing and extraneous evidence present in the original tests, produced negative results. Students were also able to solve Puthoff and Targ's locations from the clues that had inadvertently been included in the transcripts.[31]

Edited by Wombat

How rude to suggest the poster does not have a "basic education". Science is not a religion, science works because it is constantly challenged. Often the prevailing science is proven wrong and we advance our understanding of the world.

I have been trying to find 'remote viewing' on the forum ~ Fascinating topic.

Would like to know if anyone has some interesting experiences/comments on the subject....

and the technique used.

Here is a small exercise from Alien Mind - A primer:

DAY ONE

Remember, scientists write that human brainwave frequencies usually range from 5 to 30 herz (they can go lower and higher). The part of that that correlates to your resting, tranquil states are called extremely low frequency waveform, or e.l.f.'s that range from 5 to 11 herz and can pass through solids easily. So, telepathy is easily possible in such ranges [remote sensing is probably partly “scalar,” because it fluctuates more deeply inward in that resting state (it cycles “negatively,” as such), while it also connects far outwardly at the same time].

Here's a beginning exercise that I suggest often. Close your eyes and just relax. Clear your mind of all concerns. Make it a dark blank. Then raise your hand up and hold it near your head (eyes closed). Try, using the structure of the nerves in your brain (and elsewhere) to sense that hand, not visually, but its energy fluctuations. In both e.l.f. and negative cycle terms, it will register faintly. Once it registers, move it slightly. You'll be using a kind of remote sensing of it (not visual, not through the arm's wetware), and the movement vivifies the awareness. It's as though every movement pulls on a deeper, more elastic sense of time, and fluctuations. *A more vivid example is to have someone hold a baby close to you when you have your eyes closed. Using the same methods, you'll feel the baby's radiant innocence. It’s one of the most vivid experiences of the sort.

What you're actually doing is called "toh shi," in the traditional Japanese sense of the word. *Russel Targ, PhD, taught hundreds in the CIA how to do this.

DAY TWO

Step 2: Find a place near a wall or part of your house where there’s window glass, plus metal and some wood or drywall (a kind of chalky stucco-like material in most interior walls). Now, stand or sit nearby and, using the nerves in your brain (not your eyes), "feel" the different areas, taking time to concentrate on one (i.e. the wood), then another (i.e. glass), then others. What you're doing is like tasting the elemental energy of each different material. If this is the first time you do it, you may not notice much of a difference today because it's your first "taste" of each.

However, tomorrow, after you have a memory for how each "feels" in that sense, you should begin to notice that different kinds of materials feel different to remote sensing of the sort. (Japanese call this toh shi). Different atoms in each material have a different spectrum and emit different kinds of energy, hence your ability to feel a kind of difference. Again, be sure to do this with your eyes closed so that you don't confuse it with visual information.

You have to be able to make your mind a dark blank before trying to feel different materials in this way. Try it on different days, preferably later in the evening when you're more settled (and your brain can calm into those low frequency ranges). You'll especially notice the contrasts between two different materials in your immediate scan. Then, when you begin to feel that you can sense the feel of different materials (stick to basics like wood, metal, plastic, etc.), you can move up to bigger tasks.

For example, pick a neighbor's house and close your eyes, then feel inside to sense what materials are there. You'll then sense their shape. Don't try to guess or deduce; just let whatever you sense come into your mind. Try this at intervals later, with different enclosures or such. It's effective over distances, ironically.

And finally, remember---remote sensing of the sort takes you into a more condensed kind of physics in which minds can meet and share, communicate and form agreements. So, go with a very social sense of the larger continuum, and be on your best behavior.

Before you begin on day three, you should allow a day for your first "taste" sensing, then try it the next day. An extra day helps.

PART THREE –a whole different category

Part 3: If you've proceeded through the first two parts, this part is important. Again, psychologists note that when you begin to do remote sensing of the sort (or even if you merely think about an extra-sensory capacity), new dendrite connections grow in your brain between cells. Much like when you learn a foreign language, it enhances intelligence.

If you're comfortable with the previous exercises, now you should try sensing into buildings in order to do preliminary whole-body sensing of humans (their whole bodies). To different sensers, humans will appear to have different energy features. Some sensers will immediately shift into a telepathic awareness of the individuals' consciousness. Others will note a seeming collective awareness quality in the people in a given location. You can essentially stretch and change your focus/resolution when sensing people. All nerve structure has energy that "bleeds" into the environment, however subtly. If you've been doing the above exercises, you know how it appears. Some sensers may look for a seeming light, or glowing quality to the whole human body (which will be starkly more pronounced in the cranial area). You may also notice that different people can be connected, in various ways. *They may not notice that you're remotely sensing.

Of course, the same basic considerations are important: non-violation, gentleness, and no sexual manipulative impulses (they would tend to backfire, anyway). Better yet, there is a very subtle, almost elusive collective awareness, almost like a soft, soft floating microwhisper of the shared, deepest concerns, feelings, and more--common to most of the people you'll pick up on. You can tease this out, but remember: it's part of a larger social identity that other species, off-world and withal have kept close track of--probably since we evolved intelligence. So, this aspect of human awareness comes replete with highly evolved, albeit finely textured safeguards. When you sense consciousness, you participate in it. Please, don't ever tutor a violent or criminal person in your developing awareness. Unlike some other individuals, I would advise against trying to financially gain from your developing awareness because the highest forms, the more vastly, deeply connected of all human+ sensitivities branch out into equalitarian societies (and a much more equal human future, believe it or not). I'm not even religious, but this aspect is so much like g--o--d that, well... (no gender, of course, and not singularly individual, but broadly, finely social).

I think that when you do any kind of communication energy work, it is best to understand and elevate your own motivations as much as possible. I myself have tried this exercise and did sense the energy, however for actual contact with others I use the methods I describe on my telepathy web site.

John

Sorry could anyone tell me what remote viewing actually is?

Thanks, GUNNARYSEARGENTHARTMAN

How rude to suggest the poster does not have a "basic education".

It's rather obvious, I doubt that she would deny it.

Science is not a religion, science works because it is constantly challenged. Often the prevailing science is proven wrong and we advance our understanding of the world.

Yes, scientific issues are debated and challenged in the academic arena by people who know what they are talking about.

That is not the case here. This is not a challenge, it's just a declatarion that remote viewing exists, with no evidence to back up the declatarion.

Edited by Wombat

I think that when you do any kind of communication energy work, it is best to understand and elevate your own motivations as much as possible. I myself have tried this exercise and did sense the energy, however for actual contact with others I use the methods I describe on my telepathy web site.

John

John ~ Thank you for your post! It sounds very interesting ~ I'll give it look. I appreciate your comments ~ glad to know there are some that 'Think out of the Box".

John ~ Thank you for your post! It sounds very interesting ~ I'll give it look. I appreciate your comments ~ glad to know there are some that 'Think out of the Box".

Just because he is thinking "outside the box" doesn't mean that his views are in any way valid. In fact, operating outside the realm of reality should automatically set off an alarm in your head.

The Silva method is a ridiculous fraud.

I agree with you on that.

Just because he is thinking "outside the box" doesn't mean that his views are in any way valid. In fact, operating outside the realm of reality should automatically set off an alarm in your head.

what is the realm of reality?post-60038-1209407869_thumb.jpg

The Silva method is a ridiculous fraud.

People swear on it but I was more pointing to the visualization techniques within it rather than the whole method.

People swear on it but I was more pointing to the visualization techniques within it rather than the whole method.

People swear by a lot of things. That doesn't make it any more or less true.

And I was talking about the whole method, including the visualization techniques.

I think the pratice of visualization will assist any one with just about any goal. I found the Silva method to be sort of a re-hash of established principals in reguard to self empowerment. I would however recommend the principals presented at this link on telepathy. I thought they were very informative.

http://www.telepathycourse.com/section-1/2.html

I do think that the things people swear by, after using the Silva method, are more a result of their efforts than a result of the material presented that encouraged their efforts.

For the most part I shy away from any self-help books or training that requires the purchase of material to become empowered. The key to empowerment, from my POV, should be recognized as desire and energetic investment. The book and the principals outlined at this link can be useful, however you can not purchase skill as such, you need to do the work.

Remote Viewing is a specific method for energetic identification and potential communication. Channeling is another method of connecting with unseen energies as is prayer and reflective thinking. In many ways all of these preatices require some form of visualization to be helpful to a person. For example if you pray for something without visualizing a desireable outcome, what words would you use. Just sending light and love for a best outcome implies that the current outcome potentials are not desireable. Even the established prayers encourage a vision as a result of the word selection and the stated intent.

There is always the do nothing and hope for the best vision. Even this pratice has a potential for improvement. I would never underestimate the value of a desire.

John

Remote Viewing is a specific method for energetic identification and potential communication.

By all that I have read and understood ~ this sums up the process to the tee.

By all that I have read and understood ~ this sums up the process to the tee.

Great, too bad that none of it is true or makes any sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried remote viewing a few times. The first time I tried it I was laying in my bed in the dark as still as possible. I was focusing on seeing my alarm clock to see what time it was. After about 30 minutes with my eyes closed I saw the numbers on my clock illuminating. Also as I saw them I gained the knowledge that they would change to the next minute in 2 seconds. I instantly leaned over my bed to see the clock and exactly the same time I saw was on the clock, and exactly a second later it changed to the time I knew it would change to.

I felt kind of drained after the experience, like it took hours instead of just 30 minutes. Its not something I really enjoy doing or would look forward to.

Apparently it is possible to remote view the past, the present, or the future, to see events or locations.

That's untrue. Remote viewing is completely unsupported by any evidence at all.

There are alot of experiments dealing with RV that have been done and documented. The US government thought that much of it as to dedicate a part of military operations to the RV phenomenon. If I recall correctly the CIA had a operation funded called "Operation Stargate" a 20 million dollar government funded operation dealing with RV

There are many news articles and documents, testimonies and accounts of proven AP/RV experiences. Operation Stargate's crowning achievement came when remote viewers were able to describe in an incredible amount of detail the Soviet Union's construction of a secret missile base, which were not be seen by U2 flyovers or orbiting spy satellites. Remote viewers were able to draw highly accurate sketches of a large crane, which was constructed on railroad tracks as well as a large metallic domed structure. The drawings were substantiated by U2 spy plane flyovers and integrated human intelligence on the ground.

There are plenty of stories you can read about, here's the first link to get you on your way:

http://www.google.com/search?q=operation+s...FC_enUS227US227

This is not to bash science in any way, because really I don't see what this has to do with science------remote viewing---practiced by systematic protocols, did produce results, that are documented----the only problem was that it was a hit and miss. Sorry, but to say there is no evidence that there is something to this phenomenon is an ignorant statement. Just take a look at a few of the 2 million plus websites that the link I gave to you produces, you'll get your documented case studies or "proof"

or you can go by your 1 wikipedia page you posted (That can be edited by a 1st grader if he wanted to.)

Edited by boze

Wombat, you have no evidence to say it isn't true, just as we have no evidence to say it is. It makes perfect sense to me anyway. You believe what you want, this post is about any experiences, not whther it's real or not.

I had an experience once, i was in bed and i woke up at a ridiculous time in the morning. I could hear marching steps, and a schoobell ringing. I could then hear pots and pans and loads of people murmuring, mostly girls voices, and squeals of laughter. I guessed i was in a girls school, maybe 19th century, or early 20th? I've had other things like that, whispers, laughter and just random noises, and sometimes i see people in a really odd way, i look again and they're completely different.

Anyway, those are my experiences, i'm not saying they're real, maybe i was just dreaming. But i personally believe it was RV or ESP.

Angel x