Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving

Christierella

I read a lot about seriel kills, all of them. Some of my most recent: Albert fish, and HH Holmes! Just to switch it up, I just finished A Prayer For Owen Meany, by John Irving. It really surprised me at the paranormal overtone of the book. I found myself wanting to know what's next!

Thanks for the recomendation. Looked it up at amazon and after reading a couple of reviews decided to add it to my kindle wish list. :tu:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've read it and thoroughly enjoyed every page.Dont want to give anything away story wise but its great read!

• 1 month later...

I remember reading this about 15 years ago when I had to ride the Tokyo subways for an hour every day. I remember the book made me laugh out loud several times. If you have ever ridden a Tokyo subway then you can imagine all the dirty looks I received. It was a long time ago, but I remember it was about a small boy who knew exactly when and where he was going to die and how he spent his life preparing for that moment.

Irving is a Master story teller. Read this book.