Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rumors of Existence

ali smack

I have a very interesting book which is quite good. Because it lists newly discovered, supposedly extinct, re discovered and likely animals.

I like the book because every animal the writer talks about is likely to exist. Due to genuine scientists sighting the animals.

Has anyone else read this book?

In the book he talks about various animals including

stellar's sea cow

the takahe

eastern cougar

eskimo curlew

dusky seaside sparrow

sinai leopard

ivory billed woodpecker

giant gecko

mysterious whales

double banded argus

kellas cat

king cheetah

kamchatka bear

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-C

• keninsc

• ali smack

• Hawken

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eastern Cougar is real, it's been reintroduced by several states in order to cull the deer herds. Seems silly to include that one, but it's their book not mine.

The Eastern Cougar is real, it's been reintroduced by several states in order to cull the deer herds. Seems silly to include that one, but it's their book not mine.

I remember watching a documentary about a guy who lives in the eastern US said his pittbull was killed

by some animal. Later in the doc a man photographed what looked like was a cougar not far from the man's

house

I have a very interesting book which is quite good. Because it lists newly discovered, supposedly extinct, re discovered and likely animals.

I like the book because every animal the writer talks about is likely to exist. Due to genuine scientists sighting the animals.

Has anyone else read this book?

In the book he talks about various animals including

stellar's sea cow

the takahe

eastern cougar

eskimo curlew

dusky seaside sparrow

sinai leopard

ivory billed woodpecker

giant gecko

mysterious whales

double banded argus

kellas cat

king cheetah

kamchatka bear

Does the book mention a Coelacanth? It is a fish once thought to have gone extinct in the cretaceous period

but was rediscovered in 1938 off S. Africa.

Searching a couple on the list I found...

King Cheetahs exist though extremely rare.

Genuine scientists sighted the Ivory-billed woodpecker too, not too long ago, but there is no definitive evidence other than some sighting reports. Apparently we've destroyed habitat large enough to support a population of these large birds.

Edited by QuiteContrary

From what I remember reading a few years ago...I wonder

Are those actual "Eastern" cougars? As opposed to known "western" cougars in the east?

Which are different from the Eastern cougar thought extinct.

You have me on that, I wasn't aware there was a difference, unless they're the same species just in different locations. Much like the Eastern and Western Diamond backs Rattlers. Other than a very slight difference in their coloration and the pattern on them they are the same species, in fact unless you lay them side by side they look alike to me.

You have me on that, I wasn't aware there was a difference, unless they're the same species just in different locations. Much like the Eastern and Western Diamond backs Rattlers. Other than a very slight difference in their coloration and the pattern on them they are the same species, in fact unless you lay them side by side they look alike to me.

Florida panthers of course exist. But you are correct in that many sites I looked up science claims cougars (eastern or western) are extinct in the east. Except for migrants from the west or Florida, escaped pets.

Info on native Eastern cougar or western/Florida migrants.

http://www.felineconservation.org/cougar/eastern_cougar.htm

However, I do not think mainstream wildlife fully agrees with some of this site's other stances/assumptions.

Well, I suppose they have their issues over what's real and what isn't same as many of us do as well.

Coelacanth was mentioned as animal that's been rediscovered in the book.