Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to this site and Heartbroken

zowie

Hi there,

I know this is probably a long shot and I hope it's appropriate to ask here but this week I lost my engagement ring :( I can't imagine how it happened and I'm absolutely heartbroken. I really treasured this ring it's not hugely valuable except for its symbolism to me. I wondered if it were even possible if one of you folks might be able to get a feeling of where I should look? I've thought of everything humanly possible and now I'm looking outside my five senses :) If I shouldn't have posted this, forgive me, I'm a newbie :)

Thanks!

*hoping really really hard*

I found one in a bathroom garbage can once after the person wiped their hands and threw away the paper towel.

As stated above, though, the sink thing is most common. Good thing there are sink traps.

• Like 1

I'm not giving a psychic reading either but my mother lost her engagement ring for almost 10 years, it broke her heart too. Funnily, after my parents had sold their home she was cleaning up the vegetable garden of weeds and such and in turning over the soil saw something catch the light of the sun. It was her ring, found within the same week they were moving out of that house into a new one.

If something is yours, it seems to me that it cannot truly be lost. But, should you fail to find that ring, take heart. The love between your and your partner is bigger than a material object and it may not be that ring which is symbolic of that for you, it may be something greater and better in the long run.

Good luck :)

• Like 6

im not psychic but what about the sink?

Good idea! Gonna see if I can get my hubby to look... better check the bathroom one too. Thanks!

I found one in a bathroom garbage can once after the person wiped their hands and threw away the paper towel.

As stated above, though, the sink thing is most common. Good thing there are sink traps.

I checked the garbage can cause I thought that was possible. I'll check it again just in case :) Thank you :)

I'm not giving a psychic reading either but my mother lost her engagement ring for almost 10 years, it broke her heart too. Funnily, after my parents had sold their home she was cleaning up the vegetable garden of weeds and such and in turning over the soil saw something catch the light of the sun. It was her ring, found within the same week they were moving out of that house into a new one.

If something is yours, it seems to me that it cannot truly be lost. But, should you fail to find that ring, take heart. The love between your and your partner is bigger than a material object and it may not be that ring which is symbolic of that for you, it may be something greater and better in the long run.

Good luck :)

What a sweet story I'm so glad she found it :) I went through this when I moved here from my home town. I lost my class ring and again that was painful. I worked really hard to pay for it and I've never seen it again so this is even more painful. When we got it we had hardly any money and my husband scrimped and saved to get it for me and we were so excited when we went and picked it out. It's not very valuable money wise but it means the world to me. You are right about our love being bigger but it was just something I could hold on to and I always caught myself smiling when it caught my eye. Now I keep looking down and getting all weepy about it. I'm very lucky, don't get me wrong. It's just.. important to me. Thank you all for the replies and I will keep searching and hope maybe someone will get a flash of insight :) <3

• Like 2

The most common places to lose a ring if you're SURE you lost it off your hand is in your purse, in the washer or dryer, or any other place where you plunge your hands down into something and then have to pull your hands back out (like digging in the garden) Look in all those places first

I should mention I found one of my aquamarine rings in my dryer... and many years ago I found my 1 carat diamond without the setting (the setting was still on my finger), in one of the drain holes of the washer about three months after I'd lost it. Of course I saw it glinting in the washing machine after I'd paid to replace the diamond LOL. So the washer and dryer are common places to lose your rings. Pockets of all kinds too. You pull your hand out and just don't know it's slipped off in there. It's just a thought. Sorry I have no psychic ability, only a little experience with lost jewelry. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 2

might need to invest in a hypnotherapy session to help you remember. I actually remembered a phone number in a dream once, it was pretty cool.

• Like 2

You guys are really helping me think of places to look! I've looked in my purse a couple times but maybe I need to dump everything out. I am not sure where I lost it. I was at a Physical Therapy session when I noticed it gone. I grabbed a bench and noticed my finger felt odd. I looked down and it was gone :( I have NO clue when the last time I really noticed it though so no idea when I lost it.

Hypnotherapy! Now there's a thought.. that's so cool you actually remembered it!

Welcome to the board. Enjoy your stay. I'm Princess.

• Like 1

Welcome to the board. Enjoy your stay. I'm Princess.

Hi Princess, nice to meet you, thank you for the warm welcome :)

Hi Princess, nice to meet you, thank you for the warm welcome :)

Your welcome.

I do hope you find it.

Mum was always loosing her's.. It was always in the same place, on the kitchen window-sill.

• Like 1

I was at a Physical Therapy session when I noticed it gone. I grabbed a bench and noticed my finger felt odd. I looked down and it was gone :(

Did you go to the restroom or anything while you were there? Maybe you took it off and left it by the sink. It might be worth going back to see if anyone found it and has handed it in.

I lost an earring once and never did find it. They were a birthday present from my parents, my birthstone, and have great sentimental value. I'd been out and about and only noticed afterwards that I was only wearing one. Now it sits in my jewelry box but I'm thankful I've still got that one at least.

Good luck finding your ring. It's very frustrating I know, and welcome to UM :)

• Like 1

Did you go to the restroom or anything while you were there? Maybe you took it off and left it by the sink. It might be worth going back to see if anyone found it and has handed it in.

I lost an earring once and never did find it. They were a birthday present from my parents, my birthstone, and have great sentimental value. I'd been out and about and only noticed afterwards that I was only wearing one. Now it sits in my jewelry box but I'm thankful I've still got that one at least.

Good luck finding your ring. It's very frustrating I know, and welcome to UM :)

Well, I hadn't used the restroom but I checked everything there just in case. The thing is I never take my rings off... only if I'm making dough which I haven't done in a long while.

The sinks were a no go. I thought to look inside my pillow cases last night to see if somehow it had slipped in there, also at the top of the bed where the mattress hits the wall, no luck. I looked through my purse for the 50th time. *sigh* Thanks so much for the suggestion. <3

Still no luck. I've been looking around with the rational of what I would have been doing with that hand... as in sticking it in a purse etc. Helps me at least to have a different way of thinking about it :) I'm going to see about getting a metal detector before it snows. Thanks for all your suggestions. <3

awww...Zowie!!! i lost mine too!!! Except i know where i put it, the question is where is it and who touched it? Besides my children and maybe a niece coming to my house, my gut feeling is that its still some where.....My heart is utterly broken as its something so big and heavy that i know it cant be lost for long. I hope. I wish.

Im sending any good energy i have left towards your way.....Someone told me to pray to St. Anthony.

Maybe we should give it a try.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you lost yours too! I know just how you feel and it sucks :( *hugs* I didn't put mine anywhere... last time I saw it it was on my finger! *sigh* Well, I will hope for you as well and maybe we'll get lucky and they'll turn up. I guess a prayer or two couldn't hurt lol.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you lost yours too! I know just how you feel and it sucks :( *hugs* I didn't put mine anywhere... last time I saw it it was on my finger! *sigh* Well, I will hope for you as well and maybe we'll get lucky and they'll turn up. I guess a prayer or two couldn't hurt lol.

one of my friends who is a psychic and medium is going to use her pendulum tonight to see if she can locate it. I turned my house upside down too many times. Im probably missing somewhere....

prayers never hurt. ;)

• Like 1

Oh wow! I'm so excited for you!!! I will keep my fingers and everything else crossable crossed! :)